Big ride closures next year?

We don’t know when BTMRR is rumored to
go down yet, right?

My 4yo just hit 40” before our quick visit in January and we didn’t make it to BTMRR. Line was super long all day and with just one quick day at MK I didn’t want to spend that much time in line for it. I usually just take refurbs in stride but I’m now kicking myself that we didn’t wait for it then. She’s dying to go on it (and I’m dying to ride it with her for her first time!) :charac2:

I have heard rumors about the following rides being down for refurbishment sometime in 2020:

Spaceship Earth
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Jungle Cruise

We have a trip planned for early June 2020 and really hope we can go on all three rides! Anyone else hear anything, especially about specific timeframes these things will happen?

I have heard rumors about the following rides being down for refurbishment sometime in 2020:

Spaceship Earth
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Jungle Cruise

We have a trip planned for early June 2020 and really hope we can go on all three rides! Anyone else hear anything, especially about specific timeframes these things will happen?
I’d like to know too! We’re going early July 2020.

Hi all,
I am new to these forms here and was looking to see if there is any information yet available on attractions that would be closed late 2020. Just trying to get an idea as I figure a lot of things will be worked on before the 50th anniversary year.

If there is already a post for this, please let me know,

Thank you all!

PM is not near Tron at all. Tron is in back of SM. I can not see them adding track to the PM. It’s a walk on ride. You can have a hour and half Waite for SM but walk on the PM. Think the PM will go away when it cost to much to keep it going. As in Disneyland

We love the PM and like to ride it during the day and again at night. Will be very sad if they close it.

We don’t know when BTMRR is rumored to
go down yet, right?

My 4yo just hit 40” before our quick visit in January and we didn’t make it to BTMRR. Line was super long all day and with just one quick day at MK I didn’t want to spend that much time in line for it. I usually just take refurbs in stride but I’m now kicking myself that we didn’t wait for it then. She’s dying to go on it (and I’m dying to ride it with her for her first time!) :charac2:
my now 9 year old DGD was too small to ride BTMRR for our 2013 trip. November 2016 it was down for refurb and came back on line the day of our departure, no FP+ for it, we had a later flight home, but the line was way too long. We are going in April 2020 and sounds like it might be down then. Poor kid,she may never ride it. Prices have gotten so high at Disney it will be a very long time before we go back again

You can see Tron from the PM. Daytime you can see the construction progress

I am going June 2020
I don't know what will be down. I know some things will.
I am HOPING the WL refurb won't be then. I will cope with most else. I get that they have to be referred and safe, but this is my last trip, and I am hoping it'll be awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter