Big ride closures next year?

We are scheduled to go back in early 2021, and I am fully prepared, yet heartbroken, for SE to be closed during this time. I hate it will be shut down, but understand it needs a big refurbishment and upgrade.

Spaceship earth is the first attraction people hit when entering ECPOT. That why the AM lines are so long on it. Just sad to see the old technology is being replace by big TV screens showing movies

We love both of those, I could use better seats in SE, but not looking to see a huge redo. We like those old nostalgia rides, Pirates, Small World, 3 Caballeros, Haunted Castle, Carousel of Progress, and Peter Pan, dont change a thing. When will the train be running again?

Spaceship earth is the first attraction people hit when entering ECPOT. That why the AM lines are so long on it. Just sad to see the old technology is being replace by big TV screens showing movies
Wait.... seriously?

Just saw a rumor that Thunder and Jungle Cruise will have extensive refurbs next year.

😢 To reopen early summer 2020, which means will be closed for my May trip. So Thunder Mountain, Spaceship Earth (supposedly), huge Epcot construction and waiting for more shoes to drop this weekend.

Gosh, so much has been going wrong with this trip (not just ride closures) before we're even close (which was supposed to be a redo of my last bad trip in 2017). I'm feeling like I should just cancel.

😢 To reopen early summer 2020, which means will be closed for my May trip. So Thunder Mountain, Spaceship Earth (supposedly), huge Epcot construction and waiting for more shoes to drop this weekend.

Gosh, so much has been going wrong with this trip (not just ride closures) before we're even close (which was supposed to be a redo of my last bad trip in 2017). I'm feeling like I should just cancel.
You’ll have lots of new to enjoy though. No matter when you go something is bound to be down for refurbishment.

You’ll have lots of new to enjoy though. No matter when you go something is bound to be down for refurbishment.

I understand that. And I will have a lot new.

Just having more trouble with this trip due to unexpected things happening at home, it all feel like one huge warning...stay home!!! :rotfl:

I understand that. And I will have a lot new.

Just having more trouble with this trip due to unexpected things happening at home, it all feel like one huge warning...stay home!!! :rotfl:

I get that feeling. I almost canceled my July trip, but we went anyway. We had more disappointments on that trip than any other, but we still had a wonderful time!

I'm selfishly worrying about my May trip! It's our last trip for the next few years and BTMRR is our favorite ride. We'd be so sad if we could not get to ride it next year :(

Just saw a rumor that Thunder and Jungle Cruise will have extensive refurbs next year.

and a post today added Carousel of Progress to get an update as well, though looks like not until afte 50th if this report is accurate

Last edited:

For once I really hope that the source that shall not be named is right. That's perfect timing for my late summer 2020 trip :D

I hope it holds out until at least after our trip in late Feb. My Mom and I haven't been back for 10 years and all these rumored closures are for some of our absolute favorites. This is supposed to be my birthday trip, this wouldn't be a nice gift to say the least lol

I'm still waiting on confirmation about Spaceship Earth. You'd think we'd hear something official by now if it was to close in January...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter