Big River Grille & Brewing Works

MichiganMommy

Mouseketeer
Has anyone eaten a the Big River Grille & Brewing Works? DH loves micro-brews so I thought this might be fun. Do we need a PS? We are staying at the SWAN and I want a restaurant within walking distance, but not too expensive for 2 adults and 2 kids.

It's a great place! We enjoy eating outside, sipping a couple of drinks (have your DH try the beer sampler!) and watching the entertainment on the Boardwalk.

but it was about 4 or 5 years ago. I hate to sound negative, but we were not impressed with the food at all. On a scale from 1-5, 5 being the best, I'd give it a 1.5. At best.

You'll enjoy the brewskys though.

pamNC

My husband brews his own beer so I'm thinking it may be a place he may enjoy - ??

Any comments??
Paula

What Fletcher said! :) :)

We love the Big River Grill - it's very relaxing to sit outside and watch everything. And the burgers and big salads are great!

Our family of four ate here about two years ago. We ordered sandwiches and thought it was one of the more reasonably priced meals of our trip. We were planning on eating there again on our last trip last October but never made it - there are so many good places to eat on the BoardWalk!

Lisa D

We were just there last week and it was great. My friend who has always said Disney food was not good, was highly impressed and considered it a wonderful Disney Dining experience. He had the pasta, I had the Salmon and it was great. The light beer was great also. Have fun:jester: :jester:

The beer is great. The food is so-so. They do not have a deep fry machine, so you only get chips as a side (no fries) to your sandwich/burger.

The cheese dip is pretty good though! :)

We loved sitting on the Boardwalk for dinner there. It was a great time and we saw the Illuminations fireworks above the building. The meatloaf was great, and plenty to share. Lots of good beer choices and very good desserts too. We also had outstanding service, very friendly. I'm looking forward to going back!

We ate there twice. The first was a late lunch and was pretty good. The second was a dinner that was a nightmare. Rude hostess, ruder still servers, cold - still frozen food, dirty table, nasty manager, all round bad! We won't do it again after than one.

We've done lunch and dinner there--primarily for the beer. Best to eat outside if you can-inside quite dingy and dirty. Good service is not one of their trademarks, either.
I did enjoy that meatloaf (has Italian Sausage as one of the ingredients) and Wowzer's Wheat is a mighty fine beer!! The burgers are good also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!