Bigfire coming to City Walk

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by nkereina, Apr 10, 2019.

1. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

imprint and Candycane83 like this.
  2. Disxuni

Disxuni DIS Veteran

Definitely a place I would love to go to. I saw some of the photos yesterday and it looked very focused on steak. However, I didn't know about the fire pits for guests to use to roast marsh mellows. That sounds amazing!

nkereina likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. tony67

tony67 DIS Veteran

Looking forward to trying it - wondering if there will be a lot of outdoor seating as well

As the OP mentioned it will be interesting how the theme works for the 7 or 8 hotter months

nkereina likes this.
  5. nkereina

It does say there will be outdoor seating as well. There certainly seems to be the space for it considering the location. Seems like a great place to sit outside and people watch, right in the middle of the City Walk atmosphere!

tony67 likes this.
  6. Squirlz

Squirlz DIS Veteran

Could be interesting. I rarely order steak however as I can grill a better steak than most restaurants.

7. Disxuni

Disxuni DIS Veteran

You could always have an app, or two instead? More than likely that's what I'll do, since the focus is on steak, I'd imagine it's going to be a pricey place. So, I'd either do something causal, or if I do order a steak, probably do it for a special occasion.

8. Squirlz

Squirlz DIS Veteran

We'll definitely try it!

9. CPanther95

CPanther95 Mummyketeer

If we can handle the snow topped roofs of Hogsmeade or a blizzard themed water park year round in Florida, I'm sure we can accept a lake lodge restaurant. ;)

imprint likes this.
  10. tony67

tony67 DIS Veteran

I'm thinking more about the fireplaces and such - not so much the decor

nkereina likes this.
  11. Captainkidd76

Captainkidd76 DIS Veteran

Has anyone ever eaten at a restaurant in Florida? They're air conditioned. Why is everyone worried about a wood fire in the restaurant? Ohana has one.:confused3

MikeNamez likes this.
  12. tony67

tony67 DIS Veteran

I hear you - I think it's just more something to talk about well we wait for more info.
    Seem like Fire will be a big part of this - hence the name - and there will be more than just a wood fire. I've seen reference to fire pits and fireplaces as well as the stove.
    So seems like a lot of fire and on those night where it gets cool - it will be appreciated.
    I'm sure they have it all figured out - the people designing this know it is in Florida and what the temperatures are like.

Anyway - the photo's of the food look great - will be interesting to see what the real thing looks like.

13. Candycane83

Candycane83 DIS Veteran

It says it’s opening in summer.. any idea when? We’ll be there in July and would like to try this!

14. nkereina

Did you read any of the articles? Some of them gave the impression that there would be fire pits outdoors, since there will be an abundance of patio seating.