Biggest Loser 8 Fall Challenge -- for losers and maintainers!

The chatter is starting to pick up on the BL9 thread! It's exciting, but I must confess I'm a little nervous - the group is VAST! It's wonderful and exciting, too, of course! Only a matter of time, I suppose, before this thread is closed or abandoned!

I was going to meet my friend at spin class this morning, but I got the time wrong and was late instead of early. And all the bikes were full! Man the YMCA's have been packed this week. Bodypump was busy on Monday as well. I am not sure if this is because people have this week off or if everyone is starting in on the New Year's Resolutions early. Either way, wow! So since the kids were in the care/recreation zones already, I went up and rode on a stationary bike the remainder of the time. It was OK. Would have been better with music. Instead, I got to eavesdrop. Nothing very juicy, I'm afraid. It's good to get that crosstraining in! I hate logging biking into the plan manager for WW online, though. I couldn't tell you if I was biking "fast" or "moderate." I don't think I was biking "slow." So relative, though.

Does anyone have big plans for New Year's Eve? We are going to a party at the house of some friends - it's for kids and parents, and the kids are really excited!

I can't believe the first weigh in for 9 is coming up so fast!

It is a HUGE group isn't it?

The crowds might have been part kids-out-of-school and early Resolutioners. Too bad you couldn't get a bike, but excellent choice to exercise anyway!:thumbsup2

I made myself do 5M this am, and I'm so glad I did! I know the first weigh-in will probably not be pretty, but I guess that's the whole point!

Maria :upsidedow

Good to see people doing so well. I'm hanging in there, up about 5 pounds since my last weigh in, but that was just a brief win anyway lol. Guess I'll be on the loser team for awhile lol. I think I may get my husband to watch the Biggest loser with me this time. At least a little. It'll be good for him. Survived 75% off Christmas at Target today. Read calories in servings on stuff and passed some stuff up. Other stuff I simply could not resist...some rasberry cheesecake cocoa, popcorn tins, and absolutely adorable m&m book thing. Yeah there is a big Hickory Farms Ham I'm going to cook tomorrow, so I am doomed for at least a few weeks, but it is so good it is worth it. Seems sometimes I am so grimly determined to fight all the holiday food, others it's like-- well this is too good and once a year bs ---and sometimes, just don't care. I will be so glad when Biggest Loser is back on and the challenge starts. I just lose focus Y'know. I'm reading King's The Dome now too any opportunity I get. Actually I am rationing reading time--trying to slow myself down. I always want to eat when I read Stephen King too. And cuss a lot lol. :scared1:

Donac :hug: for your fillings...

B&M - wow just saw your weight loss, you MUST get to Disney more often!:thumbsup2

Mikamah down 4 excellent!

thanks! I wish I could be at WDW every day. I average about 9-12 miles when we are there. And that's with little kids hanging off me. We were there for 11 days and I carried DD a lot!

Does anyone have big plans for New Year's Eve? We are going to a party at the house of some friends - it's for kids and parents, and the kids are really excited!

Nope! That's amateur drunk night, as DH calls it.
DS13 is going to his first NYE party at a friends house. (my baby is growing up!) So I'm taking him to that and staying home til I need to get him at noon on Friday.

pjlla, hope that your foot starts feeling better soon. :hug: You might want to try rolling a golf ball around under your foot or a soup can to massage the tendon. Don't be afraid to go to the doctor or physical therapist. I had plantar faciitis and waited way too long to get help. I wear orthotics now and walked all over WDW without any problems.
Thanks for the advice. It really feels like a stress fracture (if I knew what a stress fracture was supposed to feel like). However, I ran two days in a row (since I knew I was going to be here at my DM's house without a treadmill to use) and my foot actually felt BETTER after the second run. My pain is much better now. That said, I STUPIDLY walked for 45 minutes at the airport today (to get in today's exercise and to kill time while waiting for DD's flight to arrive) and I was wearing a pair of slightly too-large shoes and the left shoe rubbed (and rubbed and rubbed) and I could FEEL a hot spot starting and I wasn't smart enough to stop walking. So I have a blister on the ball of my left foot. But I don't think it will impair me from doing a WATP or any other video like that.

jennz.... I multiquoted but I don't know where you comment went. Anyhow, thanks for the words of wisdom. My DM suggested the naproxen last night, but since my foot was feeling better, I am skipping it. I like the golfball idea and maybe I'll try it tomorrow.

Well... just hopping onto the old thread to say Happy New Year to my BL8 friends! Can't wait to see you all over at the BL 9 thread! Not sure when/if they will be closing this thread or if it will just die a natural death. I'll try to start doing my "chatting" over there.

:yay:HAPPY NEW YEAR:yay:..............P

pjilla I've had both the stress fracture and the plantar fasc - lucky you that I can share my experience! :rotfl: My stress fracture was on top of my foot just below my toes, the pf is on the bottom in the arch area, or a little back toward the heel. Hope that helps a little! New shoes REALLY helped my pf.

For pain relief from pf I keep a frozen water bottle and will roll my foot on that, it works great!

Hope that gets better quick whatever it is...foot pain is miserable.:sad2:

Thanks for the advice. It really feels like a stress fracture (if I knew what a stress fracture was supposed to feel like). However, I ran two days in a row (since I knew I was going to be here at my DM's house without a treadmill to use) and my foot actually felt BETTER after the second run. My pain is much better now. That said, I STUPIDLY walked for 45 minutes at the airport today (to get in today's exercise and to kill time while waiting for DD's flight to arrive) and I was wearing a pair of slightly too-large shoes and the left shoe rubbed (and rubbed and rubbed) and I could FEEL a hot spot starting and I wasn't smart enough to stop walking. So I have a blister on the ball of my left foot. But I don't think it will impair me from doing a WATP or any other video like that.

jennz.... I multiquoted but I don't know where you comment went. Anyhow, thanks for the words of wisdom. My DM suggested the naproxen last night, but since my foot was feeling better, I am skipping it. I like the golfball idea and maybe I'll try it tomorrow.

Well... just hopping onto the old thread to say Happy New Year to my BL8 friends! Can't wait to see you all over at the BL 9 thread! Not sure when/if they will be closing this thread or if it will just die a natural death. I'll try to start doing my "chatting" over there.

:yay:HAPPY NEW YEAR:yay:..............P

Happy New Year, to you too, pjlla! I thought I would just let the BL 8 thread die a natural death -- I think it will as time goes on and we chat more in the BL 9 thread.

pjilla I've had both the stress fracture and the plantar fasc - lucky you that I can share my experience! :rotfl: My stress fracture was on top of my foot just below my toes, the pf is on the bottom in the arch area, or a little back toward the heel. Hope that helps a little! New shoes REALLY helped my pf.

For pain relief from pf I keep a frozen water bottle and will roll my foot on that, it works great!

Hope that gets better quick whatever it is...foot pain is miserable.:sad2:

:hug:, jenn both a stress fracture and PF?!? :scared1: You poor thing!

Good morning BL8 losers!! I too am headed over to the BL9 thread, but figured it will be busy there, and wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year. I'm heading into 2010 on the right foot, and look forward to losing weight with all of you here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!