Biggest Loser 9 Spring challenge -- Part 2! HERE WE ARE! :)

Wow, Carmiedog--22%?!?!?!!!!! That is so very impressive!! I do hope you'll post what are the things that helped you the most to accomplish such a huge % of weight loss. I would love to hear what the top losers consider to be their 'keys to success'... I know that there won't be any secrets exposed--that it's most likely about consistently good choices--but I'm curious :) Mine would be lots of water and the at least 5 fruits/veggies a day thing - well, and exercise 6 days a week... so no surprises there...

Woohoo on reaching YOUR goal! :) (I missed my goal by 1 pound, which was a little disappointing last week...not so much today! ;) )

Yes, no secrets to my weight loss. I tracked everything online at www.thedailyplate.com. Lots of veggies and fruit (thanks to COW!), watched white carbs, exercised a ton some weeks, others not so much, lots of water. Otherwise, I think it was just my "time," ya know?

Some changes in my life that helped...

My kids are getting older and more independent. That means more time for ME. I've always been the martyr mom and it's nice finding myself again.

I've completely stopped breastfeeding, which I'm guessing meant my body didn't need to hold onto everything since it's only taking care of me now.

And finally, I've learned self-control. I can have a little of something and not gorge. This is big time stuff for me...I spent years being bulimic. I gained a LOT of weight during pregnancies and whenever I tried to lose that, I would slip into purge mode because I didn't allow myself to make mistakes. If I ate something I wasn't allowed, I'd give up for the day, binge, and purge. March marked a year since I've slipped, and I only thought about it once this entire challenge. Yeah, that's definitely change.

One more thing...20 year high school reunion this year. It's a big one with lots of people coming, and it's here in my hometown. That was definitely motivation!

:woohoo: A big congratulations to all our superstars the final week of the challenge. I was so surprised to see my name on the top of that list. :banana: I have made the superstar list a few times but I do not recall ever being the top loser after 5 challenges so that makes me very, very happy. It's a great way to finish this challenge. :goodvibes

Congratulations, too, to all of our maintainers. :cool1: This was the first time that we had a maintainers team and you all did so well. We know that maintaining is when the real work of this new lifestyle kicks in. And we all hope to be just like you and be maintainers some day! :yay:

And, last but not least, a big congratulations to all of our top losers, and especially, Carmiedog! :worship: 22% You totally rocked this challenge. I know that you were a little disappointed at missing your goal but this more than makes up for that. Thank you for sharing your secrets to success with us! :cool2:

What a wonderful challenge we've had. I am looking forward to the summer challenge and hope that each and every one of you will join us. :flower3:

Thank you to LuvBaloo for all your efforts as our weightkeeper. And thank you donac for all your efforts as COW keeper. We won't say good bye because we know you will be with us for the summer challenge.

Thank you most of all to all of our coaches and participants who make these challenges so fun to put together and run. You would be hard pressed to find a nicer bunch of folks than on the WISH boards. It's been a genuine privelege to work with each and every one of you.

Woo Hoo! I made my goal for the challenge and made the #6 spot for % lost! After a tough couple days that makes me feel good! Great going all of you who are still here! Here comes a great new challenge!

SarahMay

:cheer2::cheer2: Whoo hoo!! Lisa!! Number 1 looks good on you!!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

:cool1::cool1:Wowsa!! 22% is awesome!! Congrats Carmiedog!!!:cool1::cool1:

:dance3::dance3:A huge congrats to all of us here!!! All the top losers, all losers, maintainers, and gainers, we stuck it out, and should be proud!!:dance3::dance3:

I'm thrilled to be #10 this week. I didn't answer the question on taking a week off or not, and on sunday I would have said I wasn't taking a week off, on monday and tuesday, I would have said I was, and today, I did my wii fit, and took out my journal to track my food again, and I'm not taking it off. :rotfl: So it's been one of those weeks, but 2 days til the start, and I'm going to stick to the healthy plan.

Shannon- thank you so much for all your hard work as weightkeeper. :flower3: Your letter is very touching, and you absolutely are worth it. You can do it, and we are all here for you too, as you have been for all of us.:hug:

Thank you dona for all your hard work with the cow, and a big thank you to lisa for your dedication to keeping these challenges going. :flower3:

A huge thank you for everyone here for the support, motivation, and inspiration I have found here. Sharing our victories as well as our struggles has truly helped me so much. We do have an awesome group here, very positive and supportive. :flower3:

Have a happy day!!:)

Morning all!

So exciting to see our results! HUGE congratulations to everyone who stuck with it!! And super congrats to our top 10 losers! And a big pat on the back to Carmiedog! That is a superb way to finish this challenge!!

To everyone who is sticking with us here but not losing the way they want (yes Shannon, I'm thinking of you).... STICK WITH IT! Even just the fact that you are still here with us and chatting and posting is a step in the right direction. It means that your mind is still in the right place to be leading a healthier lifestyle. It WILL all come together at some point. Don't give up on us and we will DEFINITELY not give up on you!!

I'm at work today and will have time to hop on here sporatically. I suppose we will all be moving to the summer thread shortly................P

Congratulations to all our losers and maintainers, especially our "Top 7" and Carmiedog! 22% is amazing!

Like, pjlla said, I guess it's time to chat on our new thread.

Have a great day everyone!

Oh my gosh... I cannot believe I came in second. I am floored. I need a fainting smilie. Crazy. I'm super psyched.

Congrats Carmiedog!! Amazing! I think you could be my long lost twin... I was bulimic most of my teen - young adult life (although I was never a binger, just a purger)... and I gained my weight when I was pregnant with my two youngest and I also decided that 2010 was the year of me... after raising kids for 21+ years, I am finally doing something for myself (I'm not totally done raising kids... my youngest is only 3. :laughing:)

CONGRATS again!!

I'm off to the summer challenge.

Congrats to all!!! How exciting. Everyone worked so hard and I am proud of all of us! Can't wait to start our new thread! Good job everyone!:cheer2:

I bought myself a journal yesterday after work. It has a little pocket in the back, so I printed out my letter and put it in there. I am happy to say I went to bed last night and fell asleep! Before 1am! :goodvibes

my3princes - I was missing March 12th weights for you and KitchenSinkGuy. Otherwise you were perfect.:goodvibes That was the week I was away, so its possible I made a mistake when I came back, in which case, I'm sorry.:guilty:

Goodbye to another Challenge! I'm off to get caught up on the new Summer Challenge thread.

We got back late last night. I am caught up on this thread, and plan to catch up on the new thread later today.

Congrats to all the Losers!!!:cool1: So exciting!

Congrats to Jennz and Linda on your 5ks.

Shannon--you can do this. You always are so positive, I know you can do it!

I am up 3 lbs. Not too bad. Hoping that with some exercise and lots of water today, that I am back down tomorrow at weigh in to my goal for this challenge. Only need .6. I made some really good choices and some ok choices. I only had french fries once and only ate about half. We had a really good trip. It started off with some excitement at the airport involving cancelled flights, rebooked flights, and running through the airport. (I've never run through an airport before.:)) I re-read the Four Agreements and had an A-ha moment last night on the plane. I'll share it on the new thread. Along with some pictures, maybe.

Thank you again to everyone! You all are awesome!

See you on the new thread!

Hey! Just had to come on and share. I got a chase offer for a $200 reward to sign up for the Disney Visa and called today and am approved and will get the card in 2 weeks! So we'll have $200 to spend in the parks...:cool1: This will help...
Are we moving to the summer thread now? I better look at stuff tonight. This week is my 3 day weekend-- I thought it was last week. So I'll try to catch up tonight.

Hey! Just had to come on and share. I got a chase offer for a $200 reward to sign up for the Disney Visa and called today and am approved and will get the card in 2 weeks! So we'll have $200 to spend in the parks...:cool1: This will help...
Are we moving to the summer thread now? I better look at stuff tonight. This week is my 3 day weekend-- I thought it was last week. So I'll try to catch up tonight.

How did you get that offer?

We got back late last night. I am caught up on this thread, and plan to catch up on the new thread later today.

Congrats to all the Losers!!!:cool1: So exciting!

Congrats to Jennz and Linda on your 5ks.

Shannon--you can do this. You always are so positive, I know you can do it!

I am up 3 lbs. Not too bad. Hoping that with some exercise and lots of water today, that I am back down tomorrow at weigh in to my goal for this challenge. Only need .6. I made some really good choices and some ok choices. I only had french fries once and only ate about half. We had a really good trip. It started off with some excitement at the airport involving cancelled flights, rebooked flights, and running through the airport. (I've never run through an airport before.:)) I re-read the Four Agreements and had an A-ha moment last night on the plane. I'll share it on the new thread. Along with some pictures, maybe.

Thank you again to everyone! You all are awesome!

See you on the new thread!

Can't wiat to hear more about your trip! I HAVE run through an airport before and I kept feeling like the pre-murder trial OJ Simpson!.................P

How did you get that offer?

It seems to be making the rounds lately. I know a lot of people have gotten it that post on the budget board and I've seen it mentioned on other disney boards. I was really excited to get it yesterday though because husband got one a few weeks ago and I just threw it out. Then a few days later saw a thread on it and was really bummed that I did that. I'm signed up on Disney's website--that's how people get the offers I'm sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter