Biggest Loser Princess and Tinker Bell 2011 and 2012 -- OLD please see NEW thread

lisah0711

♥ her Disney office
princess: Greetings Biggest Loser folks who are doing Disney races!

This thread started out for those of us who did the Princess in 2011. Our new thread for folks doing races in 2012 and 2013 is here http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=45072651&postcount=1 Please join us there!

This is a place for us to talk about the races and a meet and anything else so that the folks on the BL threads won't get tired of hearing us chatter about it! ;)

And, of course, anyone who is interested can certainly chime in too! Tips are always appreciated! :goodvibes

DON'T BE SHY ABOUT JOINING IN!

Nancy 10K 5/12/12
Lisa H. CdA Half 5/29/12
Maria Providence RnR Half 8/19/12
Lisa H. Sandpoint Half 9/16/12
Maria & Kathy Wicked Half 9/22/12
Liz ToT 9/29/12

W&D Half 2012
Dottie
Rose
Lisa

Donald 2013
Maria
Lisa
Liz

Mickey 2013
Nancy
Rose
Dottie

Tinker Bells 2012
liesel (Lisa)
lisah0711 (Lisa)
aka "The Lisa Bells" :tink:

Princesses 2012
Worfiedoodles (Maria)
Rose&Mike (Rose)
princess:

Princesses 2011
mikamah (Kathy)
mommyto2pirates (Lindsay)
Rose&Mike (Rose)
lisah0711 (Lisa)
worfiedoodles (Maria)
jbm02 (Jude)
jenanderson (Jen)
yogamama (Mary)
corinnak (Corinna)
dumbo buddy (Nancy)

Hope that I didn't miss anyone! :flower3:

Good luck to us all! princess: :tink:

Tell us when you will be there and where you are staying and if you want to try and do a meet.

I will be at Animal Kingdom Jambo House -- savanna view. I arrive on 2/23 and leave on 2/28.

It's my first solo trip! :cool2:

And, of course I want to do a meet! That is the whole reason why I am doing this! :goodvibes:

Hello Lisa!!

Great idea to start another thread. I can't believe how close we're getting now, and I'm sure come february we'd be driving everyone crazy on the bl thread.

We come in on wed 2/23 and leave tues 3/1. We're at All star Movies, and I'll be with Michael and my sil Beth and niece Taylor. Beth had kindly offered to come with us so she can watch Michael while I do the race. I'm definitely up for a dis-meet.

I'm still thinking I'll go to the expo early friday when it first opens, and then meet up with my family at the park.

Just 8 weeks and 5 days!!!!!!

Thanks so much for starting this Lisa! I was afraid with two teams, we would have trouble coordinating things so this is perfect!

My plans are up in the air--drama, what can I say.:thumbsup2

I have BWV booked arriving the 25th and leaving the 1st. I might fly down, Thursday night, still not sure yet. As of now it's me and one of my sisters. We might bring the husbands, haven't decided yet.;) I am definitely up for at least one meet, and maybe Jellyrolls? I am guessing we will be going to the expo on Saturday. I will let you all know when we firm things up.:goodvibes

Not sure if Mike will run if he comes along or not. Should I make him wear a tutu?;)

I will say this after W&D--go easy on the walking before the race. Take transportation when you can--that is the only time I have had really sore legs and I blame it on the billion miles we walked before the race!

Welcome Rose! Sorry about the drama and uncertainty. Sisters! :confused3

I've heard that they make the men running the Princess start at the back of the pack -- I mean like the last corral. That would probably bug Mike more than a tutu! :laughing:

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and doing the race! princess:

I found you guys:banana::banana:

I am arriving in disney late on thur 2/24 and leaving mid afternoon on mon 2/28. We are staying at Carribean Beach. It will be my mom and my aunt who are cheering me on! No running for them.

I would love to meet up and definitely would be sad if I miss meeting you all. I have to admit I am feeling anxiety over our plans. I am trying to squeeze in as much as we can since this is my aunts first trip to disney. Im hoping I can take your advice rose and not overdo it the first 2 days. I am also wondering how the heck I am going to fit in a meet but I will do my best to coordinate it with you. I am type A what can I say.:lmao:

I plan on getting to the expo on friday right when it opens. Kathy maybe i will see you there.

Lisa thanks for starting this thread. Im sure with a bunch of us doing the race we will drive everyone nuts over the next 2 months.:rotfl2:

oh by the way I think shawn is doing the race too. I might be wrong but I thought I remembered her saying it.

Rose- mike in a tutu:rotfl: that would be great.

Question:
Is anyone planning on wearing anything "special" tiara, tutu, costume, etc.?

:wave2:Hi everyone!!
Thanks Lisa, for setting this up and letting me know the thread was here!!

I'd love to try and do a meet. We're staying at the POP. Anyone else there??We get in on Thursday and will leave on Monday.

Jen and I originally planned to do this trip with our DHs as a "couples getaway weekend" but when Disney changed the date of the race, that threw a wrench into our plans... now the race falls on the last day of my kids February break week. (Can you imagine telling the kids that even though THEY were on vacation, we'd go to WDW without them - hardly!!! LOL). So it will be us, our DHs and 2 kids apiece!! We'll actually get into FL on Saturday but plan to spend a few days on Daytona Beach (yes, I know that it will be February but it still has to be warmer than upstate NY!!)

This is scary...yes! Jen is in charge of our fashion for the day. I have visions of looking like a big yellow M&M running through the streets of the Magic Kingdom.... :scared1:

Have a great night!!
Jude:goodvibes

I'd love to try and do a meet. We're staying at the POP. Anyone else there??We get in on Thursday and will leave on Monday.

Jen and I originally planned to do this trip with our DHs as a "couples getaway weekend" but when Disney changed the date of the race, that threw a wrench into our plans... now the race falls on the last day of my kids February break week. (Can you imagine telling the kids that even though THEY were on vacation, we'd go to WDW without them - hardly!!! LOL). So it will be us, our DHs and 2 kids apiece!! We'll actually get into FL on Saturday but plan to spend a few days on Daytona Beach (yes, I know that it will be February but it still has to be warmer than upstate NY!!)

This is scary...yes! Jen is in charge of our fashion for the day. I have visions of looking like a big yellow M&M running through the streets of the Magic Kingdom.... :scared1:

Have a great night!!

Hi Jude. We missed you...where have you been? Glad to hear your plans are still on and Im sure the kiddos are happy to be coming along. How is Jen doing? I had to laugh at the costume. Im sure whatever she plans for you will be stylish. Im still trying to decide what to wear. I wish I could know what the weather will be like. I think I might plan two outfits one for colder and one for warmer. I think I am going to wear a tiara but not sure if I will add anything else to my outfit. Good to hear from you.

Hello fellow princesses!!!!

I still can't believe it's less than 2 months away. I'm trying not to stress with vacation this week and not getting my planned runs in, but will reevaluate next week after things are back to normal, I'm sure I am sure I will be back on track.

Jude-It's great to see you here. Now, with Jen planning your outfits, I wouldn't guess yellow, but I'd think some pretty hot pink may be involved. The pics she posted of her races she always looked so adorable. Tell her I said hello, and I hope to see her at the race, or here before. It's the last day of my ds's vacation too. We're staying til tues just to save on the flights. It's crazy expensive to fly school vacation weeks.

Lindsay- I know what you mean about trying to take it easy the days before, but I can't imagine how that is going to happen. If it's unseasonably warm, maybe we will do a water park one day, and I can sit while the kids do the slides. I am planning to relax at the pool sat evening. We can definitely try to meet up at the expo, and also before the race while we wait in the portaporty lines.:rotfl:
I will wear capris- they're black with pink thread down the side and a little pink triangle on the bottom of the leg. I have a pink shirt that matches, and will get a throw away sweatshirt to start out with incase it's cold early. I would like to find a new shirt, but if I don't it will be the pink t-shirt. I think a tiara would drive me crazy, and I don't think I have the figure for a tutu. ;) What are you planning to wear?

Rose- sorry for the sister issues, but hope it all works out. It would be great if Mike came and ran with you. Does your other sister's husband run also? I was also thinking, since he is such a good cheerleader for you, that once you cross the finishline, he could turn back and finish the race with me and lisa and help us along if we're struggling.:rotfl:

Lisa- Have you gotten your tiara and tutu yet? ;)

I need to figure out what I will be bringing. I want to bring my cell phone and camera. Plus I need to try some gel or beans. My capris have a little back pocket, so I'll try my cell phone in that some day and see if it fits. I wonder if I would carry my camera the whole time, or if i need a pack for it, spibelt or something. Any suggestions appreciated.

:wave2: Hi Jude! So nice to see you! :goodvibes

If jen is doing your fashion then you should be all set because she always looks great in her race pics -- even when she is covered in mud! :rotfl:

I definately do not have the figure for a tutu. :scared1: My plan is to wear my WISH shirt, black capris, and a hat or visor. A tiara would be fun but I don't know how that would work. Also, I have an Incredibles patch I can put on my hat or shirt. Kathy and Lindsay I have one for each of you, too. :cool2: I'm still trying to think of something for all of us for BL, too. :)

I still can't believe it's less than 2 months away. I'm trying not to stress with vacation this week and not getting my planned runs in, but will reevaluate next week after things are back to normal, I'm sure I am sure I will be back on track.

You will be back on track in no time! :thumbsup2

Did my 6 miles yesterday and don't feel too bad today. My pace was not up to snuff but, as Kathy reminded me, the long runs are about endurance not speed. :hippie: But I can't help feeling a little bit like my tail is on fire.

For those of you who have gone through the training and done a half before how do you trust that it will all somehow work and come together on race day? princess:

Happy New Year to all of you! I never dreamed last New Year's that this would be happening this year!

You will get back on track Kathy dont worry. It is hard when your daily routine is off. I hope you got so good relaxation in this week and enjoyed your "vacation".

Lindsay- We can definitely try to meet up at the expo, and also before the race while we wait in the portaporty lines.:rotfl:
Sounds great!!! I cant wait to meet you in person.

What are you planning to wear?
I have no idea.:confused3 I think I will make a decision at the beginning of feb. I want to see how much weight I can loose by then. My ultimate goal was to wear a running skirt. I found a cindy blue one with a princess tiara in the bottom corner and a cindy running shirt online. Its a bit pricey but depending on what the weather looks like I might splurge. I have to see how I look and feel by then...right now I dont think my bottom and legs are ready for a skirt yet. I think either way I might get the top and pair it with black capris or shorts. But that could change too. I am so undecided.
I need to figure out what I will be bringing. I want to bring my cell phone and camera. Plus I need to try some gel or beans. My capris have a little back pocket, so I'll try my cell phone in that some day and see if it fits. I wonder if I would carry my camera the whole time, or if i need a pack for it, spibelt or something. Any suggestions appreciated.

I plan on taking my cell phone. I am hoping to find an outfit with a pocket for that. I think I will just carry my camera. It is light weight. I typically run holding my cell phone and I have become use to it. Maybe try running and holding something to see if it will work for you before the race. I dont use a hip pack or running belt I tried but those things drive me nuts.

Also, I have an Incredibles patch I can put on my hat or shirt. Kathy and Lindsay I have one for each of you, too. :cool2: I'm still trying to think of something for all of us for BL, too. :)

That is so nice of you Lisa. I actually need to get on the incredibles thread and post. Its hard keeping up with all the different threads. Gosh it could really be a full time job.:lmao: I would love to have something BL especially there is so many of us. What could we do??? hmmm

I am going to be doing my 45 min run shortly. Just letting my lunch settle. I know this sounds weird but I am so excited to run today in our warm front we are having. Its 45 degrees.:rotfl2:

I am being lazy and posting here instead of updating the new threads! My pm count keeps going up! I feel so loved.:lmao: My excuse is that I am still recovering from my run this morning!

I've heard that they make the men running the Princess start at the back of the pack -- I mean like the last corral. That would probably bug Mike more than a tutu!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and doing the race!
When Mike and I were in college we went to a Halloween party and i dressed up as midshipman (he was at Navy) and he dressed up as a cheer leader! It was hysterical! He can definitely pull off a skirt--not sure what that says about him.:rotfl: I think he is leaning towards not running, but I still don't know who is going to carry my water!!!!;)

I found you guys:banana::banana:

Question:
I'm contemplating the tutu and the tiara, at least for the before the race pictures.:thumbsup2 Then I'll probably give them to Mike. He said he would come to the start. I refuse to check a bag after W&D!

Have a great night!!
Hi Jude!! So great to see you! Please say hi to Jen! I hope we get to meet up with you all!

Hi Jude. We missed you...where have you been? Glad to hear your plans are still on and Im sure the kiddos are happy to be coming along. How is Jen doing? I had to laugh at the costume. Im sure whatever she plans for you will be stylish. Im still trying to decide what to wear. I wish I could know what the weather will be like. I think I might plan two outfits one for colder and one for warmer. I think I am going to wear a tiara but not sure if I will add anything else to my outfit. Good to hear from you.
I think I will have a plan that involves a skirt or capris and just adjust for the weather.:goodvibes

Rose- sorry for the sister issues, but hope it all works out. It would be great if Mike came and ran with you. Does your other sister's husband run also? I was also thinking, since he is such a good cheerleader for you, that once you cross the finishline, he could turn back and finish the race with me and lisa and help us along if we're struggling.:rotfl:

:rotfl: I think he might try to cheer on the course, so I'm sure he will look for you all!:goodvibes Definitely try the gels, etc before hand to see if they bother your stomach. I think I am going to get a belt for my gu and endurolytes and carry a throw away bottle of water. My skirt had pockets, but my capris don't--maybe I need new capris....:rolleyes1
:wave2: Hi Jude! So nice to see you! :goodvibes

If jen is doing your fashion then you should be all set because she always looks great in her race pics -- even when she is covered in mud! :rotfl:

I definately do not have the figure for a tutu. :scared1: My plan is to wear my WISH shirt, black capris, and a hat or visor. A tiara would be fun but I don't know how that would work. Also, I have an Incredibles patch I can put on my hat or shirt. Kathy and Lindsay I have one for each of you, too. :cool2: I'm still trying to think of something for all of us for BL, too. :)

Did my 6 miles yesterday and don't feel too bad today. My pace was not up to snuff but, as Kathy reminded me, the long runs are about endurance not speed. :hippie: But I can't help feeling a little bit like my tail is on fire.

For those of you who have gone through the training and done a half before how do you trust that it will all somehow work and come together on race day? princess:

Happy New Year to all of you! I never dreamed last New Year's that this would be happening this year!
Woohoo for 6 miles Lisa! I am going to be honest here, I was insecure until I finished my first half! And I don't think that's unusual. Every time you add a mile though, you will be able to say--I have done xx miles, I know I can do this. So if your training goes up to 10 or 11 miles, you will KNOW that you can do that. The other miles are "downhill" from there.:goodvibes That's part of the reason we did 13 before my first 5k. Mentally, I just needed that. Lots of people do training plans where they only go up to 10 or 11 and do just fine. The big thing is, stick to your taper! Try not to overdo the walking beforehand, and go out at the pace you are used to. It's so easy in a race to want to go out too fast. The goal is negative splits! You can do it!!!!:goodvibes

I plan on taking my cell phone. I am hoping to find an outfit with a pocket for that. I think I will just carry my camera. It is light weight. I typically run holding my cell phone and I have become use to it. Maybe try running and holding something to see if it will work for you before the race. I dont use a hip pack or running belt I tried but those things drive me nuts.

That is so nice of you Lisa. I actually need to get on the incredibles thread and post. Its hard keeping up with all the different threads. Gosh it could really be a full time job.:lmao: I would love to have something BL especially there is so many of us. What could we do??? hmmm

I am going to be doing my 45 min run shortly. Just letting my lunch settle. I know this sounds weird but I am so excited to run today in our warm front we are having. Its 45 degrees.:rotfl2:
Have a great run!

Hello Princesses, and Happy New Year!

It took me a few days to find my way over here (thanks for the heads-up, Lisa!), and I currently clearly have taper madness for the WDW Half, so it may be interesting to see if my posts approach cogency or coherence! :lmao:

I haven't really given any thought to wardrobe yet, but I don't see me with a tiara. A running skirt definitely has possibilities...

The 2011 Princess will be my fifth Half, at that point I will have completed 4 WDW Half marathons -- but this is my first Princess. The first time I was absolutely petrified. I was a walker, and closer to Pooh than Roo in every way, and I wanted so badly to finish...I am so fortunate, I lucked into meeting and running with (part of the way) a wonderful WISHer Ruth aka Daydreambeliever. She kept me moving, encouraged me to run even a little, and explained that if you make it to 10, they won't sweep you. That was huge for me. The last three miles weren't pretty (mine never are!), but I knew I could get to 10. If you have put the miles in, you will do fine. The key is getting all the long runs in, because at the end it's all mental, and if you know you can do it, you will! ::yes::

If you can believe this, I don't know where I'm staying yet...haven't made the reservation. I have my flight and I'm registered for the race, I just have to figure out exactly what's going on. I have friends from the Leanies thread at ASSports, so I will probably stay there. I fly in Feb. 25th and out March 2nd. Maybe I should wait for a bounceback next weekend...

Maria :upsidedow

Good morning princesses! I am still a little sore from my run yesterday. And I had one too many beers last night, so that's not helping.:rolleyes1

I am a little overwhelmed with the big thread today. I have probably six or eight more people to sign up and I am the coach this week for team mickey and I'm starting to get a little stressed about Tom going back to school. He ended up this semester with 3 As, a B+ and a B, which is great, but he still seems to have that gifted kid mentality about everything--I'll get to it, it's fine, no problems, etc. There's way more to the story than that, but I won't bore you. Anyhow, just needed to have a little woe is me, I am overwhelmed and a little stressed party.:goodvibes

Happy New Year!

Maria--good to see you! I hope the marathon goes great! I still don't have airfare yet--still haven't made the final decision if Mike is going to come too.

Also, I have an Incredibles patch I can put on my hat or shirt. Kathy and Lindsay I have one for each of you, too. :cool2: I'm still trying to think of something for all of us for BL, too. :)
Thanks lisa, that is so sweet of you to get us the incredibles patches. I'd like to have something lime green to be seen as a dis-er, but if I don't come up with something, at least I'll be with you in your green.

Its hard keeping up with all the different threads. Gosh it could really be a full time job.
:rotfl: Ain't that the truth. I think the teams will work out well, especially with the big group signed up already. I do hope it settles down and we all merge before the end of the challenge.

I'm contemplating the tutu and the tiara, at least for the before the race pictures.:thumbsup2 Then I'll probably give them to Mike. He said he would come to the start. I refuse to check a bag after W&D!

Definitely try the gels, etc before hand to see if they bother your stomach. I think I am going to get a belt for my gu and endurolytes and carry a throw away bottle of water. My skirt had pockets, but my capris don't--maybe I need new capris....:rolleyes1
With your figure you'd look adorable in a tutu. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. I am definitely going to pick up some gels and stuff to try out. I have a pretty strong stomach usually, so hopefully I'll find something quickly.

I currently clearly have taper madness for the WDW Half, so it may be interesting to see if my posts approach cogency or coherence! :lmao:

She kept me moving, encouraged me to run even a little, and explained that if you make it to 10, they won't sweep you. That was huge for me. The last three miles weren't pretty (mine never are!), but I knew I could get to 10. If you have put the miles in, you will do fine. The key is getting all the long runs in, because at the end it's all mental, and if you know you can do it, you will! ::yes::
You must be getting so excited for next weekend. Looking much warmer than last year, I hear. Good luck!! Two halfs in 2 months in disney!! What a dream workout!! I know you will be amazing. Thanks for the 10 mile tip. I do worry about being swept.

I am a little overwhelmed with the big thread today. I have probably six or eight more people to sign up and I am the coach this week for team mickey and I'm starting to get a little stressed about Tom going back to school. He ended up this semester with 3 As, a B+ and a B, which is great, but he still seems to have that gifted kid mentality about everything--I'll get to it, it's fine, no problems, etc. There's way more to the story than that, but I won't bore you. Anyhow, just needed to have a little woe is me, I am overwhelmed and a little stressed party..
:hug:The challenge is really growing. Our fall group really stayed a good size til the end, so it's nice to have so many familiar people on board already. It's a big commitment as hostess of the challenge, and you are doing an amazing job. Try not to stress about the challenge. Easier said than done, I'm sure, but the rest of us can only imagine how much of your free time it entails, and are totally understanding if you don't get back to us right away. Thank you so much for taking it all on. :hug: On ds, don't you wish you could just sit in dumbo again today? I loved that picture, and he is a smart kid and you have raised him right, and even if he has to do things his own way, he will be alright. Hang in there. We are always here to listen if you need to vent. I so do not look forward to michael becoming a grown man.

Yesterday we went roller skating in the afternoon and there was this girl with a little glittery tutu/skirt. It was not poofy at all, just straight down, one layer of the tulle type material with sequins on it. It was very cute, and I thought i need to reevaluate my outfit. I went on youtube and watched some princess videos and it would be fun to have a more fancy outfit. I doubt I'll do anything too drastic, but maybe dress up my t-shirt a little.

Also, on the roller skating, I am having princess paranoia. I'm so afraid of hurting myself. These little kids falling all over the place, and all I could think was omg, if I fall and break something and can't do the princess, I'll never forgive myself. I was very careful. I also think that when I'm out walking in the snow/ice. :rotfl:

Hope you're enjoying the weekend.

Forgot to say, Lindsay your possible outfit sounds very cute. I bet you'll be ready for it, but I know exactly what you mean about the legs not being ready for a skirt, but can you wear a skirt with capris or do the skirts come with the running shorts in them? I like the idea of a skirt, but need the capris. :rotfl: I got to get shopping.

Kathy--runningskirts.com has a skirt with capris. They are pricey, but worth it in my opinion.

Probably won't talk about this a lot on the main threads cause they are so big right now, but Mike got a call this afternoon that his only sister died unexpectedly today. She was 44, I think. The medical examiner called later to say they were going to do an autopsy, but that she'd been having headaches. His dad died of a heartattack when they were in high school and his mom died of alzheimer's when we were in our 30s. We were not close to her--you know how it is sometimes with siblings, sometimes great, sometimes not so great, but it's very sad. It's scaring the crud out of me. Mike has had borderline high blood pressure and then there's tom and his issues this semester. Anyhow, I probably will be around a little this week, but not sure how much. Tom goes back to school on Friday, and Mike and I decided he needed to have as normal a week as possible. He has a hard semester coming up, and there is the possibility of some drama coming out of all this. Long story.

I'm probably not making much sense. Please my friends, take care of your health. Life is so short.:hug: I hate that this is how we get reminders of what matters.

Hello Princesses, and Happy New Year!

It took me a few days to find my way over here (thanks for the heads-up, Lisa!), and I currently clearly have taper madness for the WDW Half, so it may be interesting to see if my posts approach cogency or coherence! :lmao:

I haven't really given any thought to wardrobe yet, but I don't see me with a tiara. A running skirt definitely has possibilities...

The 2011 Princess will be my fifth Half, at that point I will have completed 4 WDW Half marathons -- but this is my first Princess. The first time I was absolutely petrified. I was a walker, and closer to Pooh than Roo in every way, and I wanted so badly to finish...I am so fortunate, I lucked into meeting and running with (part of the way) a wonderful WISHer Ruth aka Daydreambeliever. She kept me moving, encouraged me to run even a little, and explained that if you make it to 10, they won't sweep you. That was huge for me. The last three miles weren't pretty (mine never are!), but I knew I could get to 10. If you have put the miles in, you will do fine. The key is getting all the long runs in, because at the end it's all mental, and if you know you can do it, you will! ::yes::

If you can believe this, I don't know where I'm staying yet...haven't made the reservation. I have my flight and I'm registered for the race, I just have to figure out exactly what's going on. I have friends from the Leanies thread at ASSports, so I will probably stay there. I fly in Feb. 25th and out March 2nd. Maybe I should wait for a bounceback next weekend...

Maria :upsidedow

Good luck, Maria! :cheer2: You're going to do great! :yay:

So what are you wearing for this half marathon? Do you have something special to show you are a DIS'er? Let us know if you see anything really fun or cute that we could try. :flower3:

I am a little overwhelmed with the big thread today. I have probably six or eight more people to sign up and I am the coach this week for team mickey and I'm starting to get a little stressed about Tom going back to school. He ended up this semester with 3 As, a B+ and a B, which is great, but he still seems to have that gifted kid mentality about everything--I'll get to it, it's fine, no problems, etc. There's way more to the story than that, but I won't bore you. Anyhow, just needed to have a little woe is me, I am overwhelmed and a little stressed party.:goodvibes

You're doing great. This is the most hectic week of the challenge and it calms down fast. We've got it covered for you! :flower3:

Thanks lisa, that is so sweet of you to get us the incredibles patches. I'd like to have something lime green to be seen as a dis-er, but if I don't come up with something, at least I'll be with you in your green.

:rotfl: Ain't that the truth. I think the teams will work out well, especially with the big group signed up already. I do hope it settles down and we all merge before the end of the challenge.

Yep, it is good that we are trying the multiple thread again because it is a big group. I'm sure that we will merge eventually. I'm glad that we have this thread to come to because our planning would get lost -- not to mention drive people crazy! ;)

Kathy--runningskirts.com has a skirt with capris. They are pricey, but worth it in my opinion.

Probably won't talk about this a lot on the main threads cause they are so big right now, but Mike got a call this afternoon that his only sister died unexpectedly today. She was 44, I think. The medical examiner called later to say they were going to do an autopsy, but that she'd been having headaches. His dad died of a heartattack when they were in high school and his mom died of alzheimer's when we were in our 30s. We were not close to her--you know how it is sometimes with siblings, sometimes great, sometimes not so great, but it's very sad. It's scaring the crud out of me. Mike has had borderline high blood pressure and then there's tom and his issues this semester. Anyhow, I probably will be around a little this week, but not sure how much. Tom goes back to school on Friday, and Mike and I decided he needed to have as normal a week as possible. He has a hard semester coming up, and there is the possibility of some drama coming out of all this. Long story.

I'm probably not making much sense. Please my friends, take care of your health. Life is so short.:hug: I hate that this is how we get reminders of what matters.

Aww, Rose, I am so sorry. :hug: Unfortunately these situations have a tendency to cause drama so be prepared. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help! :flower3:

I'm sorry I'm venting here. Just don't want to do it on the new thread. Do you have any idea how much a funeral costs? This is turning into a mini nightmare. It turns out she'd been having headaches for weeks but didn't go to the doctor! Mike's dad died of a heart attack at 49 after not going to the doctor with chest pains for weeks. What is wrong with people? I feel horrible, but I am praying we find out tomorrow that she had some kind of insurance policy or somthing. And of course no one in his family has asked us how we are going to handle it, or if we need help handling the financial aspect or anything. This is the stuff that is so hard for us. We don't have anyone to call for help, we never had anyone, no parents, no nothing. It's exhausting sometimes. I just need someone to tell me that it will all work out ok.

As for princess, I don't think Mike is going to go. I'm not even sure I can afford to go now, but I'm not going to decide yet. We don't know how many trips he has to make back and forth to Wisconsin to deal with all this stuff. And there's all the financial stuff.

Ok, hopefully you all don't think I am the most heartless person on the planet. I am really sorry that she died. I just am angry that she didn't go to the doctor, angry that she didn't tell anyone if she had a will, if she had insurance, anything. I'm angry that she left a mess, after all that we had to go through with their mom. If she would have gone to the doctor maybe they could have fixed it, and I wouldn't have to feel so bad for Mike.

Thanks.:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!