Biggest Loser "Sizzlin' Hot" Summer Challenge

Thank you Biggest Loser Team!!

I knew if I came back to WISH and tried to be accountable the old losing ways would revisit me. As of today, I have lost 23 (22.8 to be exact) pounds this summer!! I had shot for 30 but hopefully can hit 25 by the first weigh in in September! :) We take our 20th anniversary cruise next Friday with our kids and an NOT wait! My goal is to be in the 180's before it and stay there during the whole cruise!! I love sunrises..so I"ll get up and work out every morning :)

I hit 190.2 and can claim my 80 (oops, misadded or subtracted, only hit 75 today) pound clippie!! :) I am more than 2/3 my way to goal!!! I want to be in the 150s and reassess where I go from there!! :) I think I can easily hit it by next year and if hopefully joining the Fall Biggest Loser I can make it sooner! :) Thanks everyone! It's been a tough and hardworking road...and I know we all struggle to get that mindset moving...stick with it...it has taken me a while (years) to hold on to this eat healthier mindset...it's sticking this year thanks to you guys!!

Appreciate all the encouragement from our leaders each week!!!:thumbsup2

I didn't necessarily WANT to drive anywhere, but I am so used to planning my days and making the most of my time, that I had in my head that on the first day of school I would dash off, get my oil changed and my brakes checked, etc etc. As she drove away I realized I wouldn't be doing any of that stuff!

My car is 6 years old and has about 160,000 miles on it. I SHOULD get my oil changed every 6-8 weeks, but I can honestly tell you right now it has been MONTHS! :rolleyes1

Afternoon all! I did answer the call of the laundry and did four loads, but I can't fit the last one out on the line. The first one dried fast and I was able to take it down to put out loads #2 and #3, but #4 will have to wait until later or go into the dryer. The folding will need to be done tonight. Also sorted ALL of the remaining swim ribbons and medals that I haven't gotten to yet, in preparation for getting back to work on DD's swim scrapbook.

I also went out to start scraping the mailbox to get ready to paint it, but as I scraped I realized the decorative cover wasn't screwed down any more and I was able to lift it off in one piece, so I could scrape and sand it in the garage. But the roof (it looks like a small house) was in such bad shape that I brought it in to do some extra glueing and nailing (I was mailbox-bashed when DH was in the hospital 2 years ago... DDad did a quick fix at the time but nothing else was done). So that is all repaired and glued with some extra supports underneath and the first coat of paint is on. I'll do three coats (hopefully I can finish them all today) and get it back out tomorrow. It definitely is in tough shape, but it still looks okay at a glance and hey, it is JUST the mailbox! Good enough is good enough! :thumbsup2

Lunch was easy for DH and I.... leftover chicken soup from Tuesday night, plus an apple for dessert.

Tonight is marinated pork tenderloin, roasted potatoes for the kids, grilled squash, and wax beans. Nice to have an evening when NO ONE is heading out the door! Those are SO RARE during the school year!

Fingers crossed that everyone returns from school today with a smile!.......P

6 years old and 160,000 miles should only need an oil change every 3,000 miles maybe 5,0000. We're talking modern age vehicles here not Model Ts:lmao: I'm sure your car is fine:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Just a quick hello to tell everyone that I hope you enjoy your Labor Day weekend! I hope to see you all on the new Fall challenge thread :)

Happy Friday everyone,

I will be starting fresh with the next challenge! Kids will be back at school next Wednesday and hopefully I can get myself going again that day. Though I may be going to a wake in the evening for a friend from high school's Mom who died this week.

Work was ok today. The last two clients didn't tip which just irritates me to no end! But you know what they say about Karma! Came home and made brownies and chocolate chip cookies with Izzie. She has been begging all week. I didn't have to go anywhere after work today so this was the right day to do it.

Ashleigh is at Kimball's which is an ice cream place near here. They also have mini golf and bumper boats. She met a couple of older friends from school. I'm letting go earlier than I thought I would. They are nice girls so I was comfortable with dropping her off.

Brian got a job offer today and gave his notice at work. It was an easy and not so easy decision. He doesn't normally quit a job. He is very loyal! He starts the new job on Sept 17th. Some of the time he will be working from home which will be nice. He won't be on call all the time like he is now.

Working in the morning and then probably doing some more cleaning and organizing here. We gave 18 boxes/bags to Big Bros Big Sisters this morning! Though I still have way too much stuff in my house!

Izzie wants some sherbet. I'll try to post more this weekend but if not I'll see you all on the fall challenge next week!

Thank you Biggest Loser Team!!

I knew if I came back to WISH and tried to be accountable the old losing ways would revisit me. As of today, I have lost 23 (22.8 to be exact) pounds this summer!! I had shot for 30 but hopefully can hit 25 by the first weigh in in September! :) We take our 20th anniversary cruise next Friday with our kids and an NOT wait! My goal is to be in the 180's before it and stay there during the whole cruise!! I love sunrises..so I"ll get up and work out every morning :)

I hit 190.2 and can claim my 80 (oops, misadded or subtracted, only hit 75 today) pound clippie!! :) I am more than 2/3 my way to goal!!! I want to be in the 150s and reassess where I go from there!! :) I think I can easily hit it by next year and if hopefully joining the Fall Biggest Loser I can make it sooner! :) Thanks everyone! It's been a tough and hardworking road...and I know we all struggle to get that mindset moving...stick with it...it has taken me a while (years) to hold on to this eat healthier mindset...it's sticking this year thanks to you guys!!

Appreciate all the encouragement from our leaders each week!!!:thumbsup2

WOOHOO!! Great job!

Healthy Habits Results Week 12: WDW Marathon

Congratulations to our participants:
bigsis1970
glass1/2fll
KDIPIAZZ

Congratulations to KDIPIAZZ for earning 8/10 points!

This week had 2 prize winners.

Congratulations to glass1/2fll for being our participant winner!

Congratulations to bigsis1970 for being our earning 6 points or more winner!

Just woke up from a nice little nap! Back to playing games in a few minutes! Been watching the Doctor Who marathon in preparation for tonight's season premiere! Kids are now going to watch Project Runway.

I have another goal for the next challenge and that is to participate in Healthy Habits again! I know that my habits have been very bad this summer with stress and everything else going on.

Time to get off the chair and get ready to play more games. We had a marathon game of Disney Apples to Apples! We still plan on playing Harry Potter Clue and Star Wars Operation and maybe the Magic Kingdom game and Disney Sorry!

Ash and I are going to take a nice long walk in the morning in preparation for her return to soccer. We will walk to Dunkin' Donuts too as a reward and then walk it off!

TTFN :tigger:

Last call for the WIN! final measurements!!! I will wait a couple of days before posting results. I have only received 2 as of today.

Janis

Just a quick hello to tell everyone that I hope you enjoy your Labor Day weekend! I hope to see you all on the new Fall challenge thread :)

Jill, do you have the link for the new fall thread? I've been fooling myself, thinking I could do this on my own. Realize I need the accountability and support that comes from this thread! First day of school here in upstate NY, and time for me to get back in gear. Thanks!!:goodvibes

Here we celebrate our progress and recognize our superstars.

Reminders:
-after 3 weeks of no reporting, you are dropped from the challenge & can re-start at any time, though
-if anybody knows they will miss weighing in, just PM and let me know and you'll be marked excused

First some stats

MAINTAINERS:
(staying within 2 lbs of their maintain weight is successfully maintaining!)
# of Maintainers Reporting In & Successfully Maintaining: 2
Congratulations jillbur & myweegirls!!

LOSERS:
Current Participants-------------29!
not reporting in for 1 week-----3
not reporting in for 2 weeks----4
not reporting in for 3 weeks----5
Excused--------------------------0
weigh ins-------------------------17
gains-----------------------------2
maintains------------------------6
losses----------------------------9
new or returning members ----0

Biggest Loser "Sizzlin' Hot" Summer Challenge Week 13!
This week’s group loss = 11.7 pounds
Average percentage of weight lost 0.36 %
Total group weight loss so far 257.6 pounds!

AWESOME!

Retention Rate (compared to the 58 participants we had sign up for our start week on June 1st)
33% (this includes the Losers, Maintainers and Excused people!). Let's keep sending those weights people!

Before the weekly superstar list comes the disclaimer. I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me. For your reference this is the magic percentage of weight lost formula - weight loss for the week divided by weight for last week times 100, that gives us the percentage. Now let me test that with my numbers for week 1, click, click, click goes the calculator. Yes, that agrees with the percentage on the magic spreadsheet. (btw if its been more than 1 week between weigh-ins, then the % loss is divided by the number of weeks, to keep everybody on the same basis)

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 13?

The WISH Biggest Loser "Sizzlin' Hot" Summer 2012 Challenge Week 13 Superstars!!
#10 - N/A
#9 - 0.10% - Disneywedding2010
#8 - 0.68% - dvccriser76
#7 - 0.78% - Heather.Mohler
#6 - 0.81% - Mary.Poppins
#5 - 0.85% - KDIPIAZZ
#4 - 1.04% - lmhall2000
#3 - 1.10% - 6ofus2
#2 - 1.13% - tiki23

and now
The WISH Biggest Loser "Sizzlin' Hot" Summer 2012 Challenge Week 13
Biggest Loser is:
#1 - 1.43% - disappearing otter

Quote from Dare2Dream: How is your week going? Are you OP (on program)? Are you exercising? Drinking that water? You know what to do to make the magic happen. Get on the wagon. We are all here to help you on the journey. We can do this one day at a time. One bite at a time.

Have a healthy day! Congratulations disappearing otter!!!
What a great week you had. Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser. Wear it with pride this week! :

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version

31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by

or we have a medium version

31040weeklyBLmed.jpg

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by

and we have a small version

31040weeklyBLsm.jpg

or use
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great!

NOW FOR THOSE OF US WHO SET A GOAL FOR THE CHALLENGE!!!

NOTE: This list includes participants who have reported in within the last 3 weeks, once someone misses 3 weigh-ins they are dropped from this report.

How this works: You set your goal for what you want to lose in the challenge. Then I calculate your weight loss in the challenge divided by your goal to get a % to goal.

Anybody can change their goal at anytime (or add a goal) – all you have to do is send me a PM.

Since the goals are an individual thing, the list is just in alphabetical order to make it easier for everybody to find their own name. If there are any questions or suggestions please let me know.

We have done 13 out of 13 weeks, so the challenge is 100% complete.

6ofus2 - 120.33 :woohoo:
bigsis1970 - 0.00
camnham - 30.85
ChelleyB - 40.00
disappearing otter - 102.15 :woohoo:
Disneywedding2010 - 47.69
dvccruiser76 - 0.00
KDIPIAZZ - 200.00 :woohoo:
kollerbear - 0.00
lmhall2000 - 76.00
Mary.Poppins - 0.00
MickeyMagic - 17.76
mommyof2Pirates - 52.50
Octoberbride03 - 25.00
ougrad86 - 5.56
sissy ib - 88.24
tiki23 - 36.67

I find everybody on the list an inspiration and everybody who participates in this challenge is an inspiration in and of themselves. Whether you post, lurk or just pm your weight and check results on Tuesdays, you have made a commitment to yourself. And that is the biggest inspiration of all!BY Octoberbride03

:cool1: Here are the TOP 20 Biggest Losers!

#20 - Octoberbride03 - 0.71%
#19 - thunderbird1 - 0.78%
#18 - penguin1102 - 1.40%
#17 - glss1/2fll - 1.49%
#16 - MickeyMagic - 1.77%
#15 - Flossbolna - 2.04%
#14 - Bethislucy - 2.06%
#13 - lisah0711 - 2.24%
#12 - momofdjc - 2.39%
#11 - Heather.Mohler - 2.68%
#10 - Disneywedding2010 - 3.03%
#9 - camnham - 3.34%
#8 - TIE - sue and co & tiki23 camnham - 3.37%
#7 - ChelleyB - 3.40%
#6 - mommyof2Pirates - 6.38%
#5 - LovingDisney2012 - 7.29%
#4 - sissy ib - 7.83%
#3 - KDIPIAZZ - 10.04%
#2 - disappearing otter - 10.70%

AND THE BIGGEST LOSER for the Summer 2012 Challenge is:

6ofus2 with an astounding 13.01% loss!!!!!

Congratulations to all of you! You all should be very proud of yourselves!

I have enjoyed working with all of you! I have cheered you when you PM'd me your losses and shared in your frustration when you had to post a gain!

It has been an honor to be your weightkeeper!!

Keep up the great work :thumbsup2

Congrats losers! :cool1:Kind of sad I did not make the list, I lost 22.8 pounds which was more than 10% and was kind of sad I never got to wear a biggest loser clippie...I did manage to lose every week of the challenge...Pity party over :confused3 off to the next challenge...thanks guys for helping me get this far!!:thumbsup2

:cool1: Here are the TOP 20 Biggest Losers!

#20 - Octoberbride03 - 0.71%
#19 - thunderbird1 - 0.78%
#18 - penguin1102 - 1.40%
#17 - glss1/2fll - 1.49%
#16 - MickeyMagic - 1.77%
#15 - Flossbolna - 2.04%
#14 - Bethislucy - 2.06%
#13 - lisah0711 - 2.24%
#12 - momofdjc - 2.39%
#11 - Heather.Mohler - 2.68%
#10 - Disneywedding2010 - 3.03%
#9 - camnham - 3.34%
#8 - TIE - sue and co & tiki23 camnham - 3.37%
#7 - ChelleyB - 3.40%
#6 - mommyof2Pirates - 6.38%
#5 - LovingDisney2012 - 7.29%
#4 - sissy ib - 7.83%
#3 - KDIPIAZZ - 10.04%
#2 - disappearing otter - 10.70%

AND THE BIGGEST LOSER for the Summer 2012 Challenge is:

6ofus2 with an astounding 13.01% loss!!!!!

Congratulations to all of you! You all should be very proud of yourselves!

I have enjoyed working with all of you! I have cheered you when you PM'd me your losses and shared in your frustration when you had to post a gain!

It has been an honor to be your weightkeeper!!

Keep up the great work :thumbsup2

Thanks very much I found that your chat thru PM was very helpful to hear!

Woo hoo! A big BL congratulations to all of our losers and especially our challenge winner 6ofus! :cool1:

This was one of the most successful summer challenges that we had as far as having the thread stay active and a high retention rate. :goodvibes

Thank you so much to Janis, Sue, and CC for running the challenge! You ladies rock! :rockband:

AWESOME! Congrats all, let's do it again for Fall!

Good idea! :yay:

:woohoo:We have completed our FINAL “measure-in” for the WIN! Challenge. YAY!:woohoo:

Our WIN!ners are for this "Measure-In"

Glss1/2fll - -2.3% with an overall change of -3.5%

and the winner is.............................

KDIPIAZZ - -3.0% with an overall change of -10%:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter