Biggest Loser--SUMMER 2011 Challenge for Losers & Maintainers!

QOTD Wednesday September 7,2011:

What are you having for lunch today?

Today I had raw cucumbers, peppers and cherry tomatoes, and a serving of pepperoni (Sorry, Pamela! -- I couldn't refrigerate much today so I was afraid to bring my hummus or cottage cheese).

My breakfast was an omelet and a serving of blackberries, and I'm having bluberries, a babybel and 15 almonds as my snack. Dinner is baked chicken and a salad, followed by a piece of Dove caramel chocolate for dessert.

Good question!

I have to find my 10 items to throw out tonight. I worked 10 hours yesterday and I was exhausted when I got home. I also promised ds we would watch another netflix disc of "The Big Bang Theory". He starts school tomorrow and this is a reward for cleaning his room and playroom (excuse me, Teen Cave -- 13 yr olds do not have a play room, Mom!) ;)

Maria :upsidedow

Hi, everyone! I am glad to know that the fall challenge is right around the corner. I did not wait, however, as I would have in the past, for the challenge to start. Yesterday, I got right back on track and I have been tracking food and exercise. I decided yesterday would be the start of my Disney half-marathon training and that I have to get my eating under control to lose weight and put as little stress on my knee as possible.

I started using myfitnesspal.com yesterday to track calories. It is similar to sparkpeople in that it gives you the breakdown of nutritional components - I track protein, carbs and fats. I like that it interfaces with facebook and that a lot of WISHers are using the site; it is nice to have "friends" on their to provide support.

I am going to WDW Friday night for less than 48 hours but really am looking forward to this small break. The next two days will be a bit hellish but then I can get on a plane and put all this out of my head for a little bit. I haven't traveled completely alone since April 2001, so even though I'll miss Howard (the kids aren't home), I think I'll be able to make it for 2 nights and almost 2 days. ;)

Starting the fall challenge the day I leave will hopefully help me remember to stay on track, though I imagine I will have to fake it a bit to track foods while I am away.

Good afternoon, friends,

I've been a little stressed here with ds. He had a focal seizure yesterday at lunch time, and we spent the afternoon in the er. He's never had one before, and we are going into childrens tomorrow for an eeg and to see a neurologist. It sounds pretty typical for what they call a benign focal seizure, and he has been fine since, but it's such a big worry.

It did throw a wrench in my cleaning out my 10 items yesterday, though. Tonight I need to keep ds up late, and get him up early, so maybe I'll be inspired to do some cleaning out. But maybe not. I'm so tired and haven't done anything but make phone calls and wait for return calls today.

This will be good to go tomorrow, and friday I can start my eating off on the right foot. I actually had little appetite last night and today. Unlike me. Usually I'm a stress eater, but there not the kind of stuff I'd normally stress eat on available in the house, so that's a good thing.

Today was his first day of school, and he did just fine. He's sad to miss tomorrow, but is hopeful they will have an answer, and he might be able to play football in his first game saturday.

I'm sorry I haven't caught up with you all here. I didn't want you to think I abandoned you all completely.

I'll let you know how it all goes tomorrow.

Kathy - I am so sorry you and DS are going through this. I will keep him in my prayers. I hope you get very good test results tomorrow. Sending you a hug. :hug:

Today I had raw cucumbers, peppers and cherry tomatoes, and a serving of pepperoni (Sorry, Pamela! -- I couldn't refrigerate much today so I was afraid to bring my hummus or cottage cheese).

Heck, don't apologize to me.... I didn't have to eat it!:laughing: I really don't like pepperoni at all. It is TOUGH to find lower carb stuff to eat when you don't have refrigeration. I find cheese sticks seem to be okay for several hours without a fridge... and honestly, I don't worry too much about hummus sitting out in a lunch sack. I figure there isn't any meat or any dairy or any egg in it, so it should be fine. But you did just fine! :)

My breakfast was an omelet and a serving of blackberries, and I'm having bluberries, a babybel and 15 almonds as my snack. Dinner is baked chicken and a salad, followed by a piece of Dove caramel chocolate for dessert.

MMMM... the Dove sounds good!

Good question!

I have to find my 10 items to throw out tonight. I worked 10 hours yesterday and I was exhausted when I got home. I also promised ds we would watch another netflix disc of "The Big Bang Theory". He starts school tomorrow and this is a reward for cleaning his room and playroom (excuse me, Teen Cave -- 13 yr olds do not have a play room, Mom!) ;)

Yup..... no more "playroom" around here either. And we created DS his own "man cave" in the basement about a year or so ago.... but it is called the LEGO ROOM! And right now it is a MESS!

Hi, everyone! I am glad to know that the fall challenge is right around the corner. I did not wait, however, as I would have in the past, for the challenge to start. Yesterday, I got right back on track and I have been tracking food and exercise. I decided yesterday would be the start of my Disney half-marathon training and that I have to get my eating under control to lose weight and put as little stress on my knee as possible.

I started using myfitnesspal.com yesterday to track calories. It is similar to sparkpeople in that it gives you the breakdown of nutritional components - I track protein, carbs and fats. I like that it interfaces with facebook and that a lot of WISHers are using the site; it is nice to have "friends" on their to provide support.

I am going to WDW Friday night for less than 48 hours but really am looking forward to this small break. The next two days will be a bit hellish but then I can get on a plane and put all this out of my head for a little bit. I haven't traveled completely alone since April 2001, so even though I'll miss Howard (the kids aren't home), I think I'll be able to make it for 2 nights and almost 2 days. ;)

Starting the fall challenge the day I leave will hopefully help me remember to stay on track, though I imagine I will have to fake it a bit to track foods while I am away.

Sounds like you are off to a good start! I'm SO envious of your solo Disney trip! ENJOY!

Good afternoon, friends,

I've been a little stressed here with ds. He had a focal seizure yesterday at lunch time, and we spent the afternoon in the er. He's never had one before, and we are going into childrens tomorrow for an eeg and to see a neurologist. It sounds pretty typical for what they call a benign focal seizure, and he has been fine since, but it's such a big worry.

It did throw a wrench in my cleaning out my 10 items yesterday, though. Tonight I need to keep ds up late, and get him up early, so maybe I'll be inspired to do some cleaning out. But maybe not. I'm so tired and haven't done anything but make phone calls and wait for return calls today.

This will be good to go tomorrow, and friday I can start my eating off on the right foot. I actually had little appetite last night and today. Unlike me. Usually I'm a stress eater, but there not the kind of stuff I'd normally stress eat on available in the house, so that's a good thing.

Today was his first day of school, and he did just fine. He's sad to miss tomorrow, but is hopeful they will have an answer, and he might be able to play football in his first game saturday.

I'm sorry I haven't caught up with you all here. I didn't want you to think I abandoned you all completely.

I got rid of more than 10 things (well.... at least some of it is gone... some is still in the garage in a box waiting for a trip to the Goodwill). You can count some of mine for yours!!

Keep those trigger foods OUT of the house during this stressful time! Fingers crossed that Michael gets the okay to play football Saturday.

Wow.... I am feeling SUPER lazy today! I did manage to get off my butt and do some more cleaning in DS's room. It isn't looking too bad now. Still needs to be vacuumed and dusted and there are two bins of Legos that need to be sorted and/or brought down to the Lego Room.... and another box of stuff left from yesterday's sort that I can't figure out what to do with. I think I'll end up packing that stuff neatly in a plastic box and storing it in DS's closet for now. DS can decide another day what to keep and what to get rid of.

DD's room.... that's another story....:scared1:

Dinner tonight for DH and myself will be the leftover pork with black bean garlic sauce left over from Saturday. I was going to make the kids some ravioli (found a bag in the freezer that needs to be used), but of coures, the reason that the bag is still in the freezer is that neither kid likes ravioli! So I'll find something else for the kids for dinner. Usually on a night when we are all home together and I have time, I would make a nice fresh homemade meal.... but after Sunday's cook-a-thon, not only am I sick of cooking, but everything is frozen!! :laughing:

I sorted through the bookcase next to my side of the bed today. It is kind of tall skinny bookcase and I've used it mostly to hold my "keepsake" books that I don't want to get rid of..... the paperbacks and magazines just get stacked on the floor. Anyhow, the bottom shelf was full of parenting books (lots of Dr. Dobson), and a few reference type books I no longer need, so I was actually able to empty an entire shelf (and most of it went into the Goodwill box). I filled it with my latest collection health and fitness related books I've picked up in the last few weeks at the Borders going-out-of-business sale and the town library book sale. As I finish them I usually get rid of them, so hopefully I can keep this bottom shelf as a rotating collection.

I did find about 8 issues of Nutrition Action Newsletter I am ready to part with. Is anyone interested in them? I'd be happy to mail them.... they are pretty thin and light, but are full of GREAT nutrition information. Let me know if anyone has any interest in these. I no longer have a subscription, but my Mom does and she has ben sharing the newer ones with me.... hopefully I can have some more issues to pass along soon!

I indulged in a rare afternoon pot of decaf coffee.... guess it is this cool fall-ish weather we are having today... plus I'm hungry and feeling a bit bored. Not that I don't have plenty to do, but I have no motivation today to get it done!

Gonna to check on the new Fall BL thread!..............P

Tonight I need to keep ds up late, and get him up early.

So sorry to hear this. My brother has seizures (infrequently, due to meds, thank goodness) and they are the scariest thing I have ever seen. My mom has been there, done that with the EEGs-at least Michael probably won't try to pull out all the wires!

QOTD: for lunch I had a tuna fish sandwich on one slice of whole wheat bread and a light & fit cherry vanilla yogurt. I also had a slice of lemon bread.

Have a great day:goodvibes BBL tonight to catch up!

I had a piece of baked chicken with some buffalo sauce, and some instant mashed potatoes. I work only half days, so it wasn't too much to make for myself.

which brings me to my little PSA - i've been noticing that alot of us (ME!!) have been making some pretty poor choices with our eating! come people! let's get it together! i keep coming on here and saying, "oh i ate bad...i had xxx, xxx, and xxx" and i'm noticing alot of us are doing that. we have the fall challenge coming up - let's make it a good one!!

have a great day everyone! stay away from the cookies! ;)

But it's so much more fun to eat junk ;) I know, I know, I need to make better choices stat, but it all stops Friday. I'm just trying to get my ya-ya's in before then so I don't feel like I totally missed out on something, haha!

I had an arnold's sandwich thin with lean ham. No condiments. I also had a 100 calorie pack of chocolate covered pretzels. I had a sandwich thin skim coated with peanutbutter and some sugar free grape jelly. For snack I had low fat wheat thins with laughing cow cheese. So why don't I lose weight?

Good afternoon, friends,

Not exactly sure what a focal seizure is? Hunter had a grand mal seizure which was our first clue that something was wrong. After that we realized that he had been having petite mal seizure for a long time, but it just seemed that he was staring at something. We did the eeg which didn't show the pattern that the doctors expected so an MRI was ordered. Not to scare you, but that was when they found Hunter's brain tumor :confused3 Scary stuff. All is well now though. Hopefully your DS's is nothing:wizard:

Not exactly sure what a focal seizure is? Hunter had a grand mal seizure which was our first clue that something was wrong. After that we realized that he had been having petite mal seizure for a long time, but it just seemed that he was staring at something. We did the eeg which didn't show the pattern that the doctors expected so an MRI was ordered. Not to scare you, but that was when they found Hunter's brain tumor :confused3 Scary stuff. All is well now though. Hopefully your DS's is nothing:wizard:

I looked it up, and it seems that the symptoms are inability to talk and uncontrollable drooling. The person is also conscious and will probably remember it, unlike petit and grand mal.

My brother has petit mal (blank stares) before he goes into grand mal, but he will also have the blank stares on their own. In fact, I think I have PTSD from witnessing the seizure where we were home alone-any time someone zones out on me, I freak out a little bit.

Today was a huge accomplishment. I ran 3.25 miles!!! I can't even tell you guys how proud i feel. That is the farthest I've ever ran. Even if i never did it again it would feel great but now i know i can do it. It gives me hope got my 5k!

Yahoo, awesome work :thumbsup2

LOL My friend started a facebook group called "S.P.E.W.-Society of Pottermore Email Waiters" :rotfl:

SPEW :rotfl:

I had a bowl of chicken egg lemon rice soup from Brothers popcorn::

I think a Subway sandwich LOL I work tonight so need something quick and easy. As long as don't get cheese or mayo and fill it up with veggies, it isn't too bad. One sandwich ends up being lunch and dinner.

I had my first subway sandwich this weekend. Love those banana peppers. Hope they are good for me :rolleyes:

Good afternoon, friends,

Oh good gravy :scared1: Poor Michael and poor you :hug: I will say a prayer that everything goes well tomorrow. Worrying about your baby (well not in his eyes anymore but always a baby to you :love:) will cause anyone to not eat. Do they have any idea why it would have happened? Was he scared? Did he know it was happening or did someone notice it?

Let me know if you need ANYTHING, I'm right around the corner :hug:

I looked it up, and it seems that the symptoms are inability to talk and uncontrollable drooling. The person is also conscious and will probably remember it, unlike petit and grand mal.

My brother has petit mal (blank stares) before he goes into grand mal, but he will also have the blank stares on their own. In fact, I think I have PTSD from witnessing the seizure where we were home alone-any time someone zones out on me, I freak out a little bit.

I can understand why you would freak out. Is your brother on meds? Hunter was put on anti seizure meds before the tumor removal and those worked well. I agree that it could cause PTSD. I will always be haunted by witnessing Hunter's seizure.

Wow, we are chatty right down to the end!:goodvibes Don't forget that tomorrow is our last day on this thread and Friday starts the Fall challenge thread! Are you ready?:goodvibes

40D because I am now a 40B!

:cool1: I'm a 40C and would love to be a 40B. You must feel so much better!

-----
Today was a huge accomplishment. I ran 3.25 miles!!!

I've been within plan as far as eating goes but i've been really hungry and not feeling satisfied at all. Today my day was
breakfast - vanilla greek yogurt, stawberries, special k, with some honey because i think greek yogurt tastes like sour cream (i use yogurt instead of milk because i think milk is disgusting, cant drink it)
lunch - egg salad sandwhich
snack - starwberry applesauce, starberries, protein shake, hard boiled egg (throughout the day, not just one snack)
dinner - salmon burger

im at about 1200 calories a day i would have been over by about 60 if it hadnt been for my run. I'm just not feeling satisfied, and im having a lot of protein so im a bit confused..any suggestions?

:cool1: for your run ~ that is AWESOME!!!

My suggestions would be like Pamela said, more veggies! I don't think just the salmon burger would satisfy me in the evening but I would have a very hard time with 1200 calories period. Perhaps more fiber too. Nuts for snacks?
Lean cheese stick for snack? Keep working on it and you'll find the right combination/amount:goodvibes

we leave for disney in 4 sleeps!

which brings me to my little PSA - i've been noticing that alot of us (ME!!) have been making some pretty poor choices with our eating! come people! let's get it together! i keep coming on here and saying, "oh i ate bad...i had xxx, xxx, and xxx" and i'm noticing alot of us are doing that. we have the fall challenge coming up - let's make it a good one!!

have a great day everyone! stay away from the cookies! ;)

Thank you thank you thank you.............We (OK **I**) needed to hear that. We can all use the encouragement and accountabilibty :thumbsup2

4 more sleeps to Disney - exciting!!!

Of course, I also came HOME with 2 paperbacks, 4 VHS movies, and a tiny footstool in need of reupholstering! But I'm still 3 items ahead of the game!
:laughing:
Hope your foot felt better today:goodvibes

Three of my housemates and I just went to the gym!

Wow, you are rubbing off on them:goodvibes And, learning to play the piano in your spare time, you have LOTS of energy:yay:

Good question!

:thumbsup2 for a healthy day of food! We love BBT around here BAZINGA!

I did not wait, however, as I would have in the past, for the challenge to start. Yesterday, I got right back on track and I have been tracking food and exercise. I decided yesterday would be the start of my Disney half-marathon training and that I have to get my eating under control to lose weight and put as little stress on my knee as possible.

Great job getting on track early:goodvibes I didn't realize you were travelling alone - have a GREAT time! We should get some ladies from here to have a ladies weekend at WDW sometime;)

Good afternoon, friends,

I've been a little stressed here with ds. He had a focal seizure yesterday at lunch time, and we spent the afternoon in the er. He's never had one before, and we are going into childrens tomorrow for an eeg and to see a neurologist.

:hug: You sound very calm. Hope you get some answers tomorrow. Poor guy. We'll give you a pass on your 10 items:goodvibes

I had a piece of baked chicken with some buffalo sauce, and some instant mashed potatoes. I work only half days, so it wasn't too much to make for myself.

Buffalo sauce:love: I put that **** on everything :laughing: Love me some hot sauce too!

So why don't I lose weight?

Frustruating. Hope you are having a high calorie day from time to time :goodvibes Keep that metabolism guessing;)
(like I know how to lose weight:laughing:)

Another busy day for me. Work 7-2, home working on boxes 3-4:30, gym 4:30-5:30, cooked dinner, cleaned kitchen and after this I need to hit the shower so I'll be ready to hit the door in the morning. One of my favorite stores is having a cyber owl sale starting at 11:00 tonight. Tempted to stay up late but probably won't.

Dona, you are such a dedicated teacher. Glad they got the air going for you!

See you all in the morning! Our last day with "just us". It looks like we'll have lots of new folks joining us on the Fall challenge. I have a fun question planned for our last day:wizard:

oops, I never answered the QOTD......I had ham/turkey on sandwich thin, grapes and yogurt.

Don't ask me WHAT I had the rest of the day:sad2:

Thanks for coaching this week, Shawn! You've had some great questions! :thumbsup2 I know that you've been super busy, too. :flower3:

I had Ethnic Gourmet Pad Thai with Tofu. Which is pretty tasty for a frozen meal. It is more expensive, too, but still way less than fast food and much better calorie wise, too. :cool2:

I did my ten things on Sunday. Actually it was more like 20. I was putting laundry away and ran out of hangers. :sad2: I took that as a sign from the cosmos that some things could be purged from the closet and filled up two trash bags for Salvation Army. :hippie:

I feel your pain on the homework thing, Shawn. :hug: We are having some homework adjustments here, too. Like I was in the car waiting to go yesterday and was informed someone needed help typing a paper that was due yesterday. :rolleyes1 He's had his one free shot now so it will be a zero next time. :headache: Unfortunately the school of hard knocks seems to be most effective for this guy. :sad2:

Have a great evening all! :flower3:

QOTD: I had some grapes and then a use up the leftovers burrito: last of the refried beans, last of the corn, almost last of the rice and some cheese. Not sure what I'll have tomorrow. Working 11:30-2:30 kinda messes up breakfast/lunch. Today was the first day of school and it was just a bit of a zoo! The kids were awfully cute, though!

DS1 had his first day and was not happy that after all the emails back and forth to his counsellor his schedule had not changed one bit! Bit of a problem there. I sent off yet another message and he filled out a bunch of forms so hopefully it's resolved soon! Said he never saw his little brother but kept running into friends who told him "I've seen your brother like 4 times today!"

Kathy, :hug: Hope you get some answers tomorrow!

I can understand why you would freak out. Is your brother on meds? Hunter was put on anti seizure meds before the tumor removal and those worked well. I agree that it could cause PTSD. I will always be haunted by witnessing Hunter's seizure.

Yes, he is on meds, and also has Diastat (a rectal valium) to be given if the seizure should go on for a certain amount of time. He had one seizure the day after he was born in 1995, then no more until July 2008. I wasn't home for that one but I hear it was pretty bad. The next one was January '09 and that was the one we were home alone for. He hasn't had any major ones since then, but we suspect he is still having blank stares. He just had an at home EEG done and is switching to a new neurologist.

:cool1: I'm a 40C and would love to be a 40B. You must feel so much better!

Thank you thank you thank you.............We (OK **I**) needed to hear that. We can all use the encouragement and accountabilibty :thumbsup2

Wow, you are rubbing off on them:goodvibes And, learning to play the piano in your spare time, you have LOTS of energy:yay:

You know, I am a 42C and I'm okay with that. Believe it or not, that is the one thing I don't want to lose!

I agree! I needed to hear that too.

Well, the first two are the ones that were there the last time I went, and the third was the one that was supposed to go with me. She has gone at least once (not with me) since then. So I guess we're all rubbing off on each other!

Trust me, the piano is not voluntary. For my basic musicianship class we have to learn how, and I was one of the lucky (not) people picked to play tomorrow. Yeah, we were just given the instructions *yesterday*. :scared1: I am not a pianist, I don't have the coordination for it. I was also having difficulty with the kazoo. I am a born flute player...not so much with anything else!

Wow, we are chatty right down to the end!:goodvibes Don't forget that tomorrow is our last day on this thread and Friday starts the Fall challenge thread! Are you ready?:goodvibes

could be worse and nobody posting a thing to read. I logged on last night and was shocked to see no new posts :scared1: nothing in hours it seemed. Even Irene didn't manage to pull that off.

Thank you guys for all the well wishes. We are up now after only 4 hours sleep so hopefully ds will fall asleep during the eeg. We'll leave here about 6, to give us plenty of time.

Gretchen- That is a common symptom you described and michael's was similar. The right side of his face was jerking and spasm-ing and he couldn't talk, and then his speech was slurred and he was drooling for a few minutes. He did not lose conciousness so that is a good thing. He did say it happened once before a while ago but not as bad, so he never said anything about it to me. I'm glad your brother is well controlled now on his meds, but it must have been very frightening for you to be alone with him. :hug:

Deb-:hug: a grand mal is so scary. I"m so glad Hunter has done so well.

Sue- I was home with him and we were eating lunch when it happened, so I called the doctor right away and they sent us to the er. He was amazingly calm during it. And got mad when I said we had to go to the Er on his last day of vacation, and once we got there, he got upset and scared, but he did so well at the hospital.

I'll let you all know how things go today. thanks again for the prayers and well wishes. :hug:

Kathy Michael will be in my prayers today. I hope all goes well.

QOTD I had yogurt and a fiber one bar. Not very inventive but easy to grab and pack in the morning.

I don't know if I will be back later. I have a union meeting after school that I may miss and then I had yoga tonight :banana::banana: Maybe the yoga will give me some motivation. The first week back to school is always the roughest.

Have a happy and healthy day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter