Bikes on the water on castaway cay

Philharmagicfamily

Earning My Ears
When looking at pictures of castaway cay, my kids and I found one that looked like trikes to ride on the water. Is there a minimum age for these, or would my 4 yo and I be able to do it together?

Thanks!

Edited to add: would it even be fun to do with a preschooler? Or are they really meant for two people who would actually pedal well?

Last edited:
I don't think your 4 year old can go. We have been to CC 3 times. The first we were too busy, second cruise we asked and our youngest was too young and third cruise was a rain out. I seem to recall it was either 5 or 8 years old but can't remember for sure.

I personally wouldn't want to pedal it solo or just with a little one "helping". It's a bit of a workout to move those things, especially against any amount of wind. If you've got strong muscles, I guess thst wouldn't be an issue.

Our personal experience has been that those seem to look at lot more fun than what they actually are. As a PP said, they are a fair amount of work, especially in the wind. They're kind of awkward. But I can't remember the age limit. We've done it with and without our kids and haven't really enjoyed either way to sign up for it again.

Did it once several years ago with my then preteen son. NEVER AGAIN! So much work, it is not fun. Nearly impossible to make headway against even a light headwind.

We always rent the bikes and go for a good stroll so as much as the aqua trikes sound good I think we will just try the kayaks

Ditto to what everyone has said. Also tried it once and never again. Was fun for about a minute. In our case the wind wasn't even blowing that hard. It was the direction of the (mild) current. Going against it was such a chore. I wouldn't think of doing it with a preschooler. You seriously might get stuck out there

Each boat has a different age limit. If I’m remembering correctly the giant trikes really need two people to pedal to move the them.
There are other boats that you might be able to take out and operate on your own (I'm pretty sure there is an electric one)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter