Billing Error Changed Reservation from park hopper to base ticket

apxstitch

Mouseketeer
I booked a vacation package and paid for it in full with a 5 day park hopper ticket. I realized that I didn't need the hopper so I called about 6 weeks before my departure date and asked to change it to a 5 day base ticket. The lady on the phone told me the difference of $ 79.37 would be credited to my magic band to use on my vacation.

However when I checked there was no credit. There is also no credit to my credit card and when I called the lady that answered checked but couldn't find any record of the changes made.

Can someone please help me with what to do next? I would like my money back.

And was the original reservation made before the October price change and the change made after the October price change? Could the tickets have increased in price?

And was the original reservation made before the October price change and the change made after the October price change? Could the tickets have increased in price?
I made the original reservation back in March and the change Oct. 15th. I just took the CM word that I would get the credit I didn't even think to check while I was down there if my ticket was still a hopper or base. I won't make that mistake again!

I made the original reservation back in March and the change Oct. 15th. I just took the CM word that I would get the credit I didn't even think to check while I was down there if my ticket was still a hopper or base. I won't make that mistake again!
Oct 15th was a day prior to the ticket change (and the original booking after the prior ticket increase in February), so if the change was actually made, you should have indeed received a credit!

I don't know if the change was made, I didn't check I just assumed it would all be taken care of. I feel silly now. I should have checked before going.
Ah, I'm thinking that for whatever reason, the change wasn't done. I'm not sure if there's a way to check at this point or not. Maybe ticket type shows up on your folio? (it's been too long since I have had a ticket for me to remember) Call and ask to have a copy sent, if you didn't get a copy in your email at the end of your trip

I've not heard of them giving someone a credit for future use on their MB, unless it was done while there. Since you were 6 weeks out from your package, you should still be able to change it for a refund to the original form of payment.

So I am assuming you are home now and wanting to find out whether you a) had a base ticket or PH ticket and b) if it was a base ticket, how to get the refund. I agree with PP that the change was most likely not made.

To find out your ticket type, it usually shows it in MDE. I'm not sure if that's still viewable now that your trip is over. But if you had a PH ticket all along, I'm not sure what recourse you'd have at this point, if any. If you did receive a base ticket like you were supposed to, it should be easy enough to prove you never received a credit by furnishing your CC statement from that time period. Disney should be able to pull your folio and see there was no credit there either.

It sounds like you are back from your trip and the package probably isn't showing in MDE anymore? I would suggest calling guest services. They should have a record of the call you made on Oct. 15 to change the tickets. If they can pull that up, they may be able to determine what happened with your ticket change.

I've not heard of them giving someone a credit for future use on their MB, unless it was done while there.

It's somewhat new. Our last 3 trips I made changes to our reservation that resulted in less $$. All 3 times in lieu of a refund to the card used we received a resort credit. The resort credit was used up, by charging via MBs, prior to our CC on file being charged.

Maybe the resort credit won't show until I am home. I will check my next credit card statement to see what charges were billed to my card.

It's somewhat new. Our last 3 trips I made changes to our reservation that resulted in less $$. All 3 times in lieu of a refund to the card used we received a resort credit. The resort credit was used up, by charging via MBs, prior to our CC on file being charged.

Good to know. Makes sense why Disney would do this, keeping the money in house!

Maybe the resort credit won't show until I am home. I will check my next credit card statement to see what charges were billed to my card.

If you are still there, its possible the resort credit might not have hit your folio yet. You can check your room charges on MDE. It would show any credits on your room charges. The charges are applied to the credit card in bulk, so any credits would be deducted from that and not shown independently on the credit card statement. But I agree with PP, I would look into it before you leave. There's less that can be done once you're home.

I actually wish I had kept the hopper, I could have used it. There were a couple of parks that I wasn't as impressed with and would have loved to jump back to the MK. I won't make that same mistake again. I emailed so wish me luck.

Did you get an email from WDW when you made the changes?
I feel like such an idiot now. No emails sent with the changes. I just took the CM word that it was taken care of. I didn't even think to check. I probably had park hopper all along and didn't use it. Lesson learned for next visit.

I feel like such an idiot now. No emails sent with the changes. I just took the CM word that it was taken care of. I didn't even think to check. I probably had park hopper all along and didn't use it. Lesson learned for next visit.

It sounds like maybe when they made the changes, they didn't hit the save button - bummer!!

If I haven't recieved an email within the 24 hours, I always call and request an email - and I keep them ALL

Update 12/13 - I emailed guest services and just heard back from them. My reservation was changed in their system from hopper to base and I did get my refund. Only problem is I used my credit card and Disney gift cards to pay the final $24.00. Of course I cut up the gift cards and threw them away! I did explain my concern to the CM on the phone back in October that I no longer had access to the gift cards and I think that is maybe why it was originally going to be credited to my resort magicband. They also offered to reimburse me the long distance charges used to try to resolve the matter which I thought was nice but not necessary as I have a long distance plan and only cost me .30 cents.

I did reply with hopes that they can transfer the $24 on the old gift cards to card numbers that I still have in my possession? I doubt it, I think I will have to chalk this up to live and learn experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!