Billy Hill & the Hillbillies..what and where is it? Good for kids?

Billy Hill & the Hillbillies are actually 4 brothers all all named Billy Hill who grew up in the hills of... (wait for it)... Santa Monica.

They are a Bluegrass band, with some rock n' roll and a lot of comedy thrown in. Actually, there are 3 teams--gold, blue and green. I like the gold and blue teams the best because they both have the hilarious Kirk Wall and the extraordinarily talented Dennis Fletchet. They play inside the Golden Horseshoe five times a day for about 30-35 minutes. Most of the humor is something kids that age should get, so if your kids like music, then yep, take them in. I don't remember the entire schedule (there are a few fan sites with it up--you can put Billy Hill and the Hillbillies into google and they'll come up) but green is on Fridays, gold is on Saturdays and blue plays on Sundays. The blue team has a cd that they sell in the Bonanza Outfitters and in the music shop on Main Street.

The humor is a little corny, but the pickin' is top notch. The hall itself is great, too.

Cheers.

First. take them to the bathroom before getting in line. There are no bathrooms inside.

Next, as soon as you get in, scout a table. The tables that sit on the sides of the stage were most popular. Then, park the kids and go get in line to grab lunch. You don't have much choice, I think they have chicken strips and mozarella strips...and desserts. We enjoyed the cool, quiet place to eat inside.

The boys loved the show...especially the "train". We saw it on Sunday and it must have been the blue team because they were hawking their cd.

The jokes were funny.

Jen, you aren't the gal who had the scrapbook for them, are you? LOL! They seem to have some groupies...there were two gals at the show we went to who said they go all the time just to see them. One gal had made them a scrapbook of pics from their shows!

This is one of our favorite shows and my kids are 8 and 10 and love it. Even though we have seen it numerous times we never get tired of it. FYI for anybody travelling with seniors, they love it too! My mother and stepdad loved it when we were there last December. And agree about going to the bathroom first, learned that one the hard way! There is one right across the way by Rancho del Zoccalo if you need it!

My 9 yr old loves it. There are some jokes he doesn't quite get, but there is enough corny humor going on that he has a blast.

Also, the table at stage left was always reserved for Walt and his guests. People rush to get that one.

No, but they'll have a place of honor in my DL 50th one (once I get the film developed). I've taken lots of pics.

The restaurant also serves chili in bread bowls and chili fries. I love the 6 layer chocolate cake, but make sure you have a few people to share it with.

I love this show! My kids did too! Thanks for the information about the 3 teams. The last few times we saw the same group of guys and thought there was only one group, silly me. And I was thinking wow, that's alot of shows a day, and in turn a week! It makes more sense now. And I think we saw the shows on the same weekday, which makes more sense of us seeing the same group. Have fun, you will love it!

We took our boys ages 8 and 12 to see them June 7th. The boys really enjoyed the group. I do not know which team it was, but an exec we met said the group we saw were good, but his favs were not there. I didn't know there were diff ones. By the way, we met this exec at a church we visited and he offered to get us VIP seating for Aladdin. I didn't know how popular it was and was reluctant to allow him to go out of his way to help us. He insisted we call him on the day we wanted to see Aladdin. He told us where to go and we were let into the auditorium before the doors were opened to everyone else. He strongly suggested that we sit in the front row, middle seats in the second section. We followed his advice and had a great view. We loved the show and needless to say we sent that friendly man a very big thank you! What a treat.

We happened to be walking by, and they yelled that the show was starting in 2 minutes, so we ran in for a break from the heat. It was so worth it! Our kids were 5 & 8 at the time, and they thought it was funny. Us adults really enjoyed it. Their playing was awesome. We didn't eat any food there, so can't vouch for it!
I love all the shows at DL, they are all great! Oh wait-exception-the kids hated the Ugly Bug Ball show!!

I think it's a great show and a good way to get out of the heat for 30 minutes. Plus, you can buy food and drink there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter