Bird in hand or wait? 32 inch Rapunzel Doll

DisneyDude71

Mouseketeer
Okay I am sure you all have seen the 32 inch rapunzel doll that seems to be a hit this christmas.
I ended up having to order one off of ebay for 2x the price of it normally. I am sure it was someone who bouth them just to upcharge, and resell. het it is what it is.
My question is I recieved an email from a local retailer that has them back in stock, should I go ahead and purchase this one so I have it. Then when the other one arrives just resell it on ebay, facebook market place or whatever just to recoup my money from the first one? Dont want to gouge anyone would just like to get my money back!

Personally, I'd just cut my losses and let it go. Even if you just sold it for what you paid on eBay, it would still be much higher than the store price, and well, what it's really worth. I'd personally feel a little bad taking the cheaper doll from the store and then taking double the price from someone else.

I also wouldn't want to deal with the hassle of having to post it online, wait for it to sell, finding time to take it to ship it, and trying to ensure it made it to the recipient in time for Christmas.

Also, I don't know how many that retailer now has, but if there are a lot back in stores, it may make it difficult for you to recoup your costs and sell. A few years ago, I was trying to get the my size Anna and Elsa dolls which of course sold out right away. I wasn't willing to pay the going rate of $100+ on eBay. A couple weeks before Christmas, Target got a ton back in stock and I was still seeing them in stores after Christmas. I'm betting on a lot of people who did buy a bunch to resell likely weren't able to recoup their costs after the new shipments came in to the stores.

I say stick with the one you have on the way. The doll is only worth what someone is willing to pay. And, maybe everyone else who needs one has their store back in stock too.

Well i did have one on hold at that retailer, and like LongLive said I wasnt 100% sure i'd recoup my losses. So i am just waiting for the one that I ordered to come in! I really didnt want to be the one on ebay jacking up the cost anyhow! have a great day!:thanks:

It is about a $50 doll and you paid $100? I really wouldn't bother an ebay listing to get $50 maybe. But then, I haven't done a lot of selling on ebay, so maybe if you do it all the time it is easy for you, but it seems like a pain for me at a time of year when I am already stressed and pressed for time.

It is about a $50 doll and you paid $100? I really wouldn't bother an ebay listing to get $50 maybe. But then, I haven't done a lot of selling on ebay, so maybe if you do it all the time it is easy for you, but it seems like a pain for me at a time of year when I am already stressed and pressed for time.

Oh I Agree but the wife wanted to make sure we got that for the grandaughter who is three and a half, we just finished her first WDW trip so "She had to have it" wife didnt care about the cost!

Just keep what you have purchased. It might not be so easy to resell the doll at a profit, post-Holiday.

Oh I Agree but the wife wanted to make sure we got that for the grandaughter who is three and a half, we just finished her first WDW trip so "She had to have it" wife didnt care about the cost!

I'm sure your granddaughter will love it! My DD played regularly with her my size Anna and Elsa dolls until just a couple months ago and she's 8 now. She still occasionally plays with my old my size Barbie at my grandparents that I got about 25 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter