Birmbaum’s Guide 2018 hinting at the future?

cvaska

Future Cast Member
Is it just me, or is Disney’s official guide, Birmbaum’s Guide To Walt Disney World 2018, hinting at the future of each ride’s future? On some of the rides, it will say “details subject to change in 2018” or “ride may not operate in all of 2018”. It only says this on the rides with rumored replacements, and it has been 100% accurate so far. They would have access to ride closure lists and dates...

It specifically mentions Living with the Land, Circle of Life, Mousegear, France’s Movie, Journey into Imagination, grand fiesta, both inoventions, the seas Pavillion, and illuminations in Epcot. In DHS, it mentions Star Tours, thr Disney museum thing (blanking on a name), and fantasmic. Those are just what I remember of the top of my head. Also stitch, that too.

It specifically mentions Living with the Land, Circle of Life, Mousegear, France’s Movie, Journey into Imagination, grand fiesta, both inoventions, the seas Pavillion, and illuminations in Epcot. In DHS, it mentions Star Tours, thr Disney museum thing (blanking on a name), and fantasmic. Those are just what I remember of the top of my head. Also stitch, that too.
That does coincide with some of the later rumors flying around. With the FW upgrade at Epcot, Rat ride in france and new update to movie, and latest talk of Inside out to Imagination. Star Tours is interesting, as by most reports it is staying til way after SW:GE opens.

That does coincide with some of the later rumors flying around. With the FW upgrade at Epcot, Rat ride in france and new update to movie, and latest talk of Inside out to Imagination. Star Tours is interesting, as by most reports it is staying til way after SW:GE opens.

Might Star Tours be updated with any scenes? From Solo or something? And at one point didn't they talk about separating it and the guest could pick to experience the new trilogy scenes or scenes from the first 6 films to try and keep time continuity better? Maybe some down time for setting that up?

Interesting .. you figure all those could/would change with an Epcot overhaul .. but not in 2018 (you'd think).

Star Tours. I just think it is in a weird spot. Since they couldn't merge Star Tours into the new land (like they did with TSMM), it just won't fit anymore. We still don't know what the future of the Star Wars attractions outside of SWGE will be.
If it was me, it needs to go -- I mean if they want to sell SWGE as this immersive experience and you have to walk past a Star Wars ride and shop (with some SW theming (A Jedi Temple, where kids fight with lightsabers, an Ewok village,AT-AT, a Speeder Bike photo op, Tatooine buildings) to get there. That just may cause some confusion and ruin the immersion .. especially since you go back into the "real" world by walking past Grand Avenue.

It is just a shame they couldn't have incorporated the ride into the land .. it would have fit perfectly in theming (go on a "Star Tour" that leaves from this planet .. or ride the ride and exit to this new land.
Such a wasted opportunity.

Maybe it will shut down after Toy Story Land opens (I mean it would just be a wash on number of attractions), but seems like they would have to do a lot of work to it even to just retheme it.

Interesting. Land, Circle of Life, Journey, Innoventions and the Seas... just in Future World alone. People say that HS was a half day park and they only had a fraction of this many things shut down. I'll be following this. We were considering a day at Epcot in November, and we wanted to do all those things in FW, plus IllumiNations. If they're all shut down, we definitely won't be doing a day there.

Interesting .. you figure all those could/would change with an Epcot overhaul .. but not in 2018 (you'd think).

Star Tours. I just think it is in a weird spot. Since they couldn't merge Star Tours into the new land (like they did with TSMM), it just won't fit anymore. We still don't know what the future of the Star Wars attractions outside of SWGE will be. It is just a shame they couldn't have incorporated the ride into the land .. it would have fit perfectly in theming (go on a "Star Tour" that leaves from this planet .. or ride the ride and exit to this new land. Such a wasted opportunity.

Agree. In fact, it seems like a colossal failure on their part, that they didn't incorporate the ride into the new land. People really like that ride. It's another one of those "iconic" rides, that is a shame to lose.

Agree. In fact, it seems like a colossal failure on their part, that they didn't incorporate the ride into the new land. People really like that ride. It's another one of those "iconic" rides, that is a shame to lose.

True although quite similar to the MK expansion, where they removed snow white and added 7 dwarves--- redundant themes with one being very old tech.... it would have been nice to keep SWSE for the iconic value. Maybe they will turn ST into a meet and greet for.....?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!