• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Birth certificate question

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
We are planning on just taking our drivers liscenses and birth certificates. Now I am wondering, how does it work with a changed name? I have my maiden name on the birth certificate, but my married name on my drivers liscense. Is this going to be a problem? How does Disney deal with that issue?

That's why I'm getting a passport :)

I'll use the birth cert to get the passport (which will have my married name, not the maiden name on my birth cert) ... and then use the passport and state issued driver's license with picture as my two forms of picture ID.

It's no problem. I've done it twice. I think they know that most bc are going to have your maiden name on it. You can not change your bc and I have never heard anyone say it was requested that they bring their marriage license.

Have fun!

It won't be a problem. I used my birth certificate and my driver's license... just like yours with my maiden name on the birth certificate and my married name on the my DL. There were no hassles involved... if anything maybe one person asked "is this your maiden name?" but that was the extent of it.

I was advised by my travel agents to take my marriage certificate with in addition to the birth certificates for both hubby and I. I carefully packed it and carried it with us to Cozumel for the whole day. NOBODY asked to see it. We didn't even need it to board the cruise ship. My fear was losing it. I am taking a cruise next feb with my friends and since we are going to Belize we are all getting passports, just to be on the safe side. I have heard horror stories. I would say it is up to you, but I doubt you will need to worry about it. Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter