Birthday at DL

We have had 2 birthday parties at Goofy's Kitchen at the DL Hotel, and it was great fun. The characters come over and sing, the birthday kids get birthday hats, very fun stuff. You can ask for a birthday badge at Town Hall, right inside the gate at the Town Square on Main Street. The CMs will greet by first name, say happy birthday, and generally be even nicer than they already are. The characters also mug a bit more with birthday kids (of all ages :) ) which makes it extra fun. I seem to remember getting a 'front of line' pass as a birthday gift from a CM for my son, I don't remember who or where - it was a 'magic moment' type of thing. They also do birthday celebrations inside the park at the Plaza Inn, or so I hear, but we haven't done that

galc.gif

"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

Thank you Teri for your input. My 3-year old is at the age that she just goes crazy whenever she sees any of the characters on the Disney Channel...so I thought what a better birthday than to take her to see them for her birthday in May! We took her siblings last year to WDW, but she stayed with family since she was on the younger side. I believe that she is ready for the big DL!

Where/who do I contact to set up a birthday at Goofy's Kitchen or at Plaza Inn (in DL?) and get the pricing?

THANKS!

We just showed up and told them it was his birthday. You might call Disney Dining in Anaheim and ask if you want special preparations... I seem to recall they brough a cupcake with a candle even though we didn't ask for it.

Trust me, the place is a party unto itself. All you need to add are children and cameras.

galc.gif

teri@iluvdisney.com

My wife and I (no kids) had a character dinner there last summer. It was terrif! The food was very good -- peanut butter and jelly pizza, anyone? -- and the atmosphere and characters wildly festive. Everyone stopped at our table at least once and made a fuss over us. At one point, the characters got all the kids up on their feet and dancing the Mickey macarena :D. I highly recommend it!

We tried Chef Mickey's during our last trip to WDW, but this character meal in Anaheim, while similar in many ways, was much better.

"It's the time of your life, so live it well..."

Greg K.
Forest Hills, NY
Grand Floridian: '96,'97,'99
Disneyland Hotel: '00

Now, Greg, let's get it right... wasn't that the Goofy Macarena? :D

galc.gif

teri@iluvdisney.com

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>We've had good luck celebrating B-days at Disneyland. My 13 yr old cousin celebrated her 13th there & we got her a b-day sticker. She got so much attention (she got embarrassed & took it off eventually - lol). If your 3 year old isn't too shy, have the jazz band sing happy birthday at NO Square. It's a nice treat. My cousin even got a big cookie from a CM just because it was her b-day.

I'm not saying this happens to everyone - this was just our experience.

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland Board Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My Disneyland Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Dress Up Your Posts

for up to ten people at the Plaza Inn inside the Park. You have to reserve for a specific time and they only allow parties up to ten people. We did it last year for DS's birthday and are doing it again next month. You have to reserve in advance and they only take limited reservations at certain times of the day (the slow restaurant times). Drinks are included in the price of the cake and a server will serve your group - they tie balloons on the birthday boy's chair and it's all fun. Note: There are complicated restrictions about writing on the cakes or anything else that has Mickey on it, just be flexible and they'll make it work for you. There are a number of flavor choices as well. Call 714-781-1393.

Susy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter