Birthday Buttons and siblings

perpetualplanner

DIS Veteran
We will be at Disney for my DS's 4th birthday and am planning to get him a birthday button from guest services. My birthday is also near the same time. IF DS(4) gets special birthday treatment, cupcakes, etc... will they also treat his brother 7 special? He will understand one cupcake but if all week his brother gets special treatment and he gets none - I'm worried!! OR should I get myself a birthday button and let him wear it sometimes. We went on his birthday but I didn't know about the buttons then so he never got the special treatment. I know we could just buy him a dessert off a menu but can you get the same birthday treat or would it have to be different. I'd hate to start a huge sibling rivalry over vacation.

The button says "Today Is MY Birthday" so ideally your child would only wear it on his/her birthday. This will prevent the sibling from jealousy all week, only on the birthday which would happen at home anyway. The restaurants will give a cupcake or cake and sing, and some CM's will say happy birthday but other than that you shouldn't expect much. Some CM's will go above and beyond but most don't.

TJ

We were just there and celebrated DDs 4th birthday, along with her 3 sisters. Much commotion was made over the birthday girl, but also about her 3 sisters, who "must be celebrating their unbirthdays !"

My granddaughter will be celebrating her 10th birthday while we are there. We have already discussed her brother, who will have had his 7th birthday a couple of months earlier. We are simply planning to "postpone" his birthday until September, and celebrate it a couple of days after his sister's. If they include him as an "unbirthday", we might let that suffice; we are really good at playing things by ear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter