Birthday celebration on Board

mickeyway

Mouseketeer
My DD will be celebrating her birthday the second day of our cruise. She wants a birthday cake but she has allergies. Is there a birthday cake I can order for her?

Also does anyone have any suggestions on making her birthday a magical one?

1) Notify the cruise line about your daughters food allergies. This is important, they will have your daughter order food for the next night so they can make certain it is prepared in an allergy safe way.
2) Notify the cruise line that your daughter is having a birthday.
3) Since your daughter birthday is not the first night, inform your server that your daughters birthday dessert may need to be specially prepared and they will work with you. I have not seen whole birthday cakes, so you may want to call the Cruise Line to check if that is possible.

[QUOTE="] I have not seen whole birthday cakes, so you may want to call the Cruise Line to check if that is possible.[/QUOTE]

If you go to the service desk, they have an order sheet for different sheet cakes. We bought a half sheet cake for my in laws 30th anniversary and I want to say it was $50.

You can order whole cakes and birthday decorations from the Disney website, in the gift and amenities section. I haven't order a cake before, but from reading on here it sounds like the cakes are pre-made and frozen, and not very good. Anything that is ordered from Disney needs to be done 3 days prior to your cruise. You can get a birthday pin from guest services on the ship for her also.

Edit to add after seeing above post: the cakes you order from website aren't sheetcakes, didn't know you could do that. The website cakes are in the shape of Mickey's head, but probably not the best for someone with allergies. You'd have to call to see if they can be specifically made for you.

Also tell you servers when you want to celebrate and they will sing to her.

Last edited:

One thing they told me over the phone, because my son is having a birthday on our cruise too, is to be sure to go to Guest Services that morning and get a "It's my birthday" button. And have her wear it. Even when there's a note on the reservation about a birthday, you need to go get the button yourself. They won't just leave it in the room.

One thing they told me over the phone, because my son is having a birthday on our cruise too, is to be sure to go to Guest Services that morning and get a "It's my birthday" button. And have her wear it. Even when there's a note on the reservation about a birthday, you need to go get the button yourself. They won't just leave it in the room.

We had our anniversary buttons in our cabin waiting for us last month on the Wonder. However we did have to go to guest services for a b-day button 6 months earlier on the Fantasy. If you happen to lose the button(happened to my dd) you can get a new one from guest services.

The idea behind wearing the birthday button from Guest Services is the many cast members and characters congratulate you or the birthday person as you cruise around the ship. This adds to the fun and makes the person fell truly recognized. However, if you are over 70 (ahem, ahem!), you may not want one. It might remind one that they are getting closer to meeting those grim, grinning ghosts. I'll take my chances.

Yes, you can order a cake...a full cake...to have in a restaurant or delivered to your room. There is a cake order form that you fax to ...somewhere. If you go on the DCL website, look on the right-hand side (My Disney Cruise) for the drop down of "In room gifts and amenities". Choose your port and then the first item of 'gifts' will be "Celebration Cakes". You'll see a 'download order form'. There are GF and other special accommodations on the order form. I hope your daughter has a very happy birthday! :cake:

So if I could open this discussion up a bit, on our upcoming cruise we're celebrating three things in order of temporal relevance:

1. DW's Birthday, which is the final day of the cruise, disembarkation day. :(

2. DD8 becoming DD9 later the same month of the cruise.

3. DW and my tenth wedding anniversary a couple months after the cruise.

While we're celebrating all of this in our own ways regardless, what can Disney special to assist, cakes aside? DW's birthday being the same day they kick us off the boat isn't ideal... Ideas, experiences?

Mark

Thank you for the cake order form. I did not realize that they could accommodate allergies. It will be a nice surprise for her! If I have it delivered to the dinning room, do put our seating time? Also would we be able to take whats left back to our room? She has a nut allergies (plus fish, peaches, apples,kiwi, ..) and often does not get many sweet treats on board. She would love a big chocolate chip cookie, but the staff said it wasn't safe as they are baked off the ship. :(

While we're celebrating all of this in our own ways regardless, what can Disney special to assist, cakes aside? DW's birthday being the same day they kick us off the boat isn't ideal... Ideas, experiences?

Mark

The serving team will sing Happy Birthday to the kids if you ask. I don't think it's a default. I've gotten sung to and I've just gotten the celebration dessert with a more subdued happy birthday. You can order in-room decorations or gifts. I believe Guest Services has celebration buttons. Beyond that, anything they may do is pixie dust as that is the general extent of what is officially offered.

You could celebrate the kids's birthdays on one night of the cruise and your anniversary on another.

So if I could open this discussion up a bit, on our upcoming cruise we're celebrating three things in order of temporal relevance:

1. DW's Birthday, which is the final day of the cruise, disembarkation day. :(

2. DD8 becoming DD9 later the same month of the cruise.

3. DW and my tenth wedding anniversary a couple months after the cruise.

Mark
Although the birthday is debarkation day, you can choose to celebrate all cruise long, or a specific day, just let your serving staff know when you want to celebrate at dinner

My birthday was last Friday- debarkation day from our Magic cruise. Our server knew my b’day was during the cruise - my DH asked him to sing at dinner Thursday night. The server brought a decorated piece of chocolate mousse with candy confetti and a candy candle. Several servers joined in the singing. And my family all enjoyed the mousse (despite already having another dessert!).
We did go to breakfast at the MDR on debarkation day (my real B’day). Heard singing at another table but much less people in restaurant and less servers joined in. I don’t know what kind of treat they brought to the b’day person.
Low key celebration which was perfect for me! I did wear my b’day pin and had several CM wish me happy b’day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!