Birthday Help

TheEnchantedRose

Make magical memories before the last petal falls
Hey everyone,

For my 30th birthday in Feb, my husband and I were thinking about going to WDW. As we were looking at prices for the stay, we started thinking about DVC. We ended up putting an offer in and they accepted! So we are currently in the ROFR process. We are pretty excited! If passed, our home resort will be OKW.

I now have a couple of questions-

1. I have no points for 2018, but the use year is Feb. Would I be able to borrow any of the 2019 points for January, if necessary?

2. On the member site, are we able to see what is available currently? Since we aren't members yet, I am really worried about what my options will be when I finally get my my membership and points. Would anyone be willing to take a peak and see what options are available during Jan-Feb weekends from check-in Thursday to Tuesday check-out.

We will have 260 points, but do not want to spend them all for that weekend.

Special thanks to anyone who takes the time to look!! I really really appreciate it!

Hey everyone,

For my 30th birthday in Feb, my husband and I were thinking about going to WDW. As we were looking at prices for the stay, we started thinking about DVC. We ended up putting an offer in and they accepted! So we are currently in the ROFR process. We are pretty excited! If passed, our home resort will be OKW.

I now have a couple of questions-

1. I have no points for 2018, but the use year is Feb. Would I be able to borrow any of the 2019 points for January, if necessary?

2. On the member site, are we able to see what is available currently? Since we aren't members yet, I am really worried about what my options will be when I finally get my my membership and points. Would anyone be willing to take a peak and see what options are available during Jan-Feb weekends from check-in Thursday to Tuesday check-out.

We will have 260 points, but do not want to spend them all for that weekend.

Special thanks to anyone who takes the time to look!! I really really appreciate it!

Yes, you could borrow 2019 points for a January stay. Availability for that time is already very slim....in another 6-8 weeks when you get access to your points it will be even less. If you're looking for a studio your only option will likely be Saratoga Springs though even that is only showing as one possible Thursday-Tuesday long weekend available in all of January and February. This will be very short notice for booking a DVC stay but I hope something works out for you!!

Yes, you could borrow 2019 points for a January stay. Availability for that time is already very slim....in another 6-8 weeks when you get access to your points it will be even less. If you're looking for a studio your only option will likely be Saratoga Springs though even that is only showing as one possible Thursday-Tuesday long weekend available in all of January and February. This will be very short notice for booking a DVC stay but I hope something works out for you!!

Thanks! I hope so too!

The problem with looking at the member site now to see what is available is that it might be gone tomorrow. That's why the DIS doesn't want members to check the website for anyone who can't book immediately.

The problem with looking at the member site now to see what is available is that it might be gone tomorrow. That's why the DIS doesn't want members to check the website for anyone who can't book immediately.

Yes, I figured as much. I completely understand. Thank you!

I don’t think posting the links here is allowed.... but if you google dvc availability tool you will find some tools to serch availability based on dates you don’t need to be an owner for. Not sure they are 100% accurate but I used one to stalk availability while I was waiting on my recent contract for a trip less than 7 months out. Your window would be really tight but maybe you could get lucky or piece something together. Best of luck!

I don’t think posting the links here is allowed.... but if you google dvc availability tool you will find some tools to serch availability based on dates you don’t need to be an owner for. Not sure they are 100% accurate but I used one to stalk availability while I was waiting on my recent contract for a trip less than 7 months out. Your window would be really tight but maybe you could get lucky or piece something together. Best of luck!
But there isn't any point at all to even look until you can book. You can look to your heart's content and hope you can book that whatever. But if you can't book, it just disappointing.

You are my Hercules!! I'm glad to know that such a tool exists. I wouldn't have known otherwise. Seriously, thank you!

But there isn't any point at all to even look until you can book. You can look to your heart's content and hope you can book that whatever. But if you can't book, it just disappointing.

True. But being completely blind is worse for me. I'd rather have some idea of what's all full then to be in the dark. You're right, I have a long way to go. But as I'm constantly obsessing anyway, this gives me a place to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter