Birthday Reservation?

ScottJoy

Designated WDW Fanatic
We'll be at Disney World during my daughter's 9th birthday this year. At http://www.wdwinfo.com/just_for_kids/birthdays.htm, we found an option that sounds perfect, a "Yacht and Beach Birthday Fireworks Cruise."

I haven't been able to find advice on how far in advance we can/should/must make a reservation. Anyone know, or should I just call them to ask?

I would love to hear anything more about this too! We usually take our twins on the disney cruise for their birthday every year. Next year there is not a single cruise going on their birthday! So we think we might do a week at WDW instead, but would LOVE to do something special like this for a surprise!

Thanks for posting this!
DJ

Sounds like you may mean the Birthday Illuminations cruise that leaves from the dock at the Yacht & Beach club. We did this in April of 01 for our son and it was awesome!! Very expensive and must be booked well in advance. Check out Ill cruise info on Parks board.
Have fun!

So, should I assume the birthday cruise, like other specialty cruises, can and should be reserved 90 days in advance?

I would say yes it should be done right at the 90 day time frame, especially if you are traveling during a busy time. It works a little different than a PS in that they will need a credit card to reserve. I don't believe they charge it until your cruise.
We had a great time on ours and felt that it was very "worth it."
They provide the cake, drinks and decorations. Be sure to reserve the cruise that departs as close to Illuminations as possible. I believe ours was at 8:15 or so during April.
Good luck!

Just to be sure, I called the phone number I had found (which turned out to be for the Sandcastle Club childcare center), but they don't handle birthday fireworks cruise reservations. The right number to call is 407-WDW-PLAY. Reservations can be made 90 days in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter