• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Birthday Wishes and a Healing (September '17 PTR)

ctipp79

Mouseketeer
Greetings and salutations! I've read a few of the Trip Reports over the past few months and figured Huh... why not. So here it is and here I am! Let's start with The Who:

First off is me, Birthday Girl. I'm 37 and live a somewhat boring life. Work, eat, sleep. I'm sure I'm more interesting then that but that is all I can come up with for now lol

Second is my nephew (henceforth known as DN lol). He's 21, almost 22. Since he became legal he has started to consider himself a beer connesiour of sorts. He tends to soak up a lot of knowledge on things he is interested in. Awesome kid all around.

Last but certainly not least is my mom. My mother is an amazing woman. Without her this trip would not be happening. She is about to turn 70 this year. She thinks that this may be her last trip to WDW but I feel otherwise. Either way she pulled out all the stops.

This trip. For me this trip is so much wrapped up into one week. We will be driving down and staying from 9/28/17 until 10/05/17. Growing up my dad always worked while my mom was a SAHM for the most part. By the time my nephew came along and hit those formative years my dad was retired and so they would take him to WDW every few years. At that point I was grown and I lived cross country. I'll never forget one year on Fathers Day Weekend getting a call from my mom while I was at Gay Pride. She had called just to tell me they had just gotten to WDW for a completely spur of the moment trip :car: Those were the kinds of things they would do. Anyway, I digress. This trip.
This trip started out as an idea last year after we lost my dad in September. My mom was contemplating taking my nephew and herself for a few days. My dad really enjoyed WDW. What kept her from going was the inevitable What would others think? I told her to forget about them. She ultimately decided not to go. But it put a seed in her head. We discussed it off and on for a few months. In February we went to the AAA to just "look into it." Which turned into a booking lol. First we had to decide the When. My nephew and I have birthdays a month apart. Since I had never remembered going, I won. Then it was Where will we stay? My mom originally wanted the Contemporary because they had liked it when they stayed there before. But price wise we decided two rooms at AOA.
A week or so passes. My mom tells me she is going back to AAA to ask a few more questions and such. Little did I know the And such would be switching hotels. She calls me afterwards and tells me she switched us to the Contemporary after all... Theme Park View!

More to come...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter