Birthday

Tonya47

Earning My Ears
•I need advice on how to celebrate a birthday in Disney. The girl will be 15 and it'll be her first time in Disney :earsgirl:. We heard Disney will do alot free birthday celebrations. If you know any please list them! Or please list any ideas, suggestions, or comments about this. It'll be very important to this girl and we want it to be rememberable and the best. Please help w/ ANYTHING! Please hurry!¤
~Thank you :sunny:

BUMPING!!!!

(Poor thing - it was her first post & no one answered her!!!)

I'd help you if I could, but I don't know!!!

Hi,
We just celebrated my son's 15th birthday in WDW at the beginning of July. Make sure you go to City Hall in MK and ask for a Birthday Badge for her to wear. Alot of the CM (& even some other guests) will say Happy Birthday. Because of the Birthday Badge, my son was also given special passes on Small World to ride another ride in Fantasy Land without waiting in the regular line. (Got to use FastPass line). He was also given special pass to sit in the fastest finger section on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. Also, anytime he asked for a special seat on a ride (like riding in the front on Splash Mtn. or Rock N Roller Coaster), the CM looked at his badge and said ok. Hope some of this helps. Enjoy your trip and pass on a message for a Very Happy Birthday!

Karen

If you have planned dinner at any restaurants be sure to tell them! At the Character meals they will get all the tables around you to sing happy birthday and will bring out a Mickey shaped cupcake!! I had Captain Hook near my table last year on my birthday. If you by chance get to go to Cinderella's Breakfast in the castle be sure to tell them they will give you a certificate and you sit at a table with ribbons and stuff on it! Also if you are staying on Disney call and get that info put on your reservation, some of the hotels will deliver a balloon and card to your room on that day! Hope you find lots of fun stuff to do!!

there is a great website www.giftsofalifetime.com that will do all sorts of stuff if you wanted!

Tonya-

My friend and I alternate going to Disneyworld to celebrate our birthdays (mine in June, hers November). Every time we try to "out do" each other in creativity.

I agree with the idea of going to City Hall to get a button. I didn't know about that one right away, so i bought a "Happy Birthday Janet" pin at my local Party City before I went. We're pretty crazy so we always bring a "birthday hat" to wear. It's a baseball cap that we have decorated with confetti, strings, balloons, etc (we make a new one each time).

When we make Priority seatings we always mention that it is a birthday celebration and remind them when we get to the restaurant. We have had the Princesses sing to us at Cindy's Castle, we have been presented with a birthday card at Crystal Palace, we have been given free fast passes, we've been pulled out into parades to participate. I think the more willing you are to be a little outspoken, the bigger the results.

For our last trip. I made a cardboard sign that said, "Say Happy Birthday to Janet" and as we walked down Main Street I would flash it at people (when I thought she was busy paying attention to something else). Some people just kept walking . . .some thought I was nuts. But some people stopped to wish her happy birthday -- hey, she had the hat! And it was great way to get a conversation going.

Mickey is my favorite character. We were eating at Hollywood & Vine (character meal with Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale) well I *thought* Mickey was going to be there but we were mistaken. Janet "forgot" to order a Coke and had to go get the waiter to tell him. Halfway through the meal the waiter came over and said that "Mickey" had called and was so sorry he wasn't able to make it to my birthday celebration. He have me a package from Mickey (Janet) that was MM earrings and necklace. Also "Mickey" promised that he would meet me by the Chinese theater in an hour. Our waiter arranged for me to meet Mickey. I am always AMAZED with what many of the cast members will try to do for you if you ask for their help.

Also, one of our favorite ones to do is the flowers delivered to the room. We usually do this our first night there and have them sent from our favorite celebrity or Disney character telling us that they are either 1) sorry that can't make it or 2) looking forward to see us.
(Slightly off topic . . . I am a youth minister and recently planned a mission trip. While we were there one of my youth celebrated her birthday. I arranged to have flowers sent to the church we were staying at from "Justin Timberlake" of NSYNC saying that he was so proud of the work she was doing and wished he could be there. She was SOOO excited and was sharing it with all of her friends. Eventually she figured out it was from me, but she was so touched!)

The specialness of Disney is having so many people at your disposal wanting to make it an unforgettable time!

Brenda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter