Black Friday deals/annual pass questions

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
I am not that familiar with Seaworld tickets and annual passes. We are flying to Orlando this Nov. on Black Friday. Either going to Seaworld on Nov. 28 or Dec. 3 for 1 day.
We will return to Orlando in Oct. 2023 and be spending the bulk of our time between Universal and Seaworld. Will be going to Discovery Cove in Oct. 2023(waiting for DD to turn 6)
I have heard Seaworld has good prices on Black Friday. If I wait to purchase tickets, fun card or annual passes on Black Friday what type of tickets are they? We will already be traveling so they would need to be either digital or something we can print out. Nothing mailed.

Does anyone have a recommendation for which to buy? I am maybe at least a silver annual pass for me. If I was to get that is it easy to use the free ticket for one of my kids the 1 day we go?

Thanks for any tips. I am used to Disney and Universal tickets but haven’t mastered Seaworld yet.

Price it out, but I suspect that getting a 1 day SW ticket for this trip + the DC ticket including 2 weeks to SW, Aquatica, (and possibly Busch Gardens) would be cheapest. If you get your Oct 2023 DC tickets this Black Friday, they should be surprisingly affordable. If you are going to BG too, that is an even better deal. If not, but you are driving to the SW parks in Oct, just upgrading one DC ticket to include BG will also net you free parking at all the parks, saving you money even if you never go to BG.

That said, keep an eye on prices/sales for this Oct & see if there are other potential deals for 2023. A year or 2 ago they did a really good SW Passholder DC ticket deal in the Fall. Not sure if everyone in the party needs the SW Pass though, or if they'll even do such a deal again.

@CAPSLOCK-
Thank you for your answer. I just checked into the Discovery Cove package and it might be a good idea to buy that for in Oct. 2023. It’s not much more than the dolphin swim package we want to do anyway.

I will keep my eye open in the fall for specials.

Do you happen to know when you do buy the tickets are they just sent to your email or available online?

Last Black Friday, our family got SW fun cards for I think $93 per person. They were good for the rest of the year plus 2022, so we used them for December 2021 in addition to this year. There are some blockout dates around the holidays, but you might be able to get a fun card, use it for Nov 28 and/or Dec 3, plus October of 2023. We just have virtual Fun Cards that I keep on my phone (I think it was an email link).

I've had mine e-mailed (UT & direct from DC).

DC pricing & deals heavily reward early planners. I got Dec 2022 tickets during the 2021 Black Friday deals & IIRC the price was about $100/ticket cheaper than equivalent Dec 2021 dates. The price was better through UT during the same sale, and still the good cancellation/date change policy. I have not seen them nearly that cheap since.

Also you might hit good deals on other SW add-ons for your 2021 SW day. They tend to give deals for tours, all day dining, quick queue, etc. on Black Friday & many of them are only for winter/spring visits.

have heard Seaworld has good prices on Black Friday. If I wait to purchase tickets, fun card or annual passes on Black Friday what type of tickets are they?
There’s been a thread every year as to the deals, if you search it should pop up

the info is ’leaked’ prior to Thanksgiving. I seem to recall buying before Friday, proper. we often travel the same date to MCO for our xmas trip & have used for the Sunday after Thanksgiving without issue. Will call/print out methods.

deals are different every year, decreasing in value IMO. However, we did pick up fun cards last year.

The “Blue Friday” Sale has been before Black Friday the last few years - usually the Friday before Thanksgiving. We purchased single day tickets one year and fun cards last year (for remainder of 2021 + 2022). We also got a deal on tasting passes last year for the holiday season. Our tickets came via email and we access our pass info online/on the app.

I later upgraded my pass to silver for parking benefits.

The “Blue Friday” Sale has been before Black Friday the last few years - usually the Friday before Thanksgiving. We purchased single day tickets one year and fun cards last year (for remainder of 2021 + 2022). We also got a deal on tasting passes last year for the holiday season. Our tickets came via email and we access our pass info online/on the app.

I later upgraded my pass to silver for parking benefits.
Do you have to upgrade before the first time you use it? Asking because they said we couldn't upgrade a fun card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter