Black Panther pre-sales hitting records

This just goes on to prove Disney/Marvel know how to make movies and DC/ well anybody else doesn't. What the article and DC don't understand is its not race and or sex its the movie. Make a good one and people will come.

Warner Brother executives really need to stop meddling in their movies and let the directors have a decent amount of creative control. Kevin Feige has been such a great president of Marvel Studios with picking the right talent with such unique visions for the movies. I really hope he rumors aren't true of him wanting to leave.

I'm trying to get excited but honestly I'm a little tired of superhero movies. I keep telling myself "just one more" for this one because it does look good.

I'm trying to get excited but honestly I'm a little tired of superhero movies. I keep telling myself "just one more" for this one because it does look good.

I definitely get that - but this one stands out to me. I think for the second tier ones (Antman, etc) it definitely feels like urgency for me to see

I hit fatigue after the first go round. Liked the first iron man, captain America, avengers, guardians...

No interest in any of the sequels. Except for ant man. For some reason that my favorite and I’ll definitely see the sequel.

Interesting that most didn't like it. One of the reasons she loves teaching it is that the kids react so well. Or maybe her enthusiasm infects them?

It is much more about whether the kids are ready for the abstract thinking required for it.

Not official yet.

Earlier tonight sources were spotting the movie between $22M-$24M, and now the thinking is that the Ryan Coogler-directed movie about Marvel’s Black superhero T’Challa will clear $25M. Black Panther will either beat or tie with Captain America: Civil War ($25M) as the second best Marvel preview ever behind Avengers: Age of Ultron ($27.6M). This is also easily the biggest pre-summer preview night ever, outstripping The Hunger Games ($19.7M). On the high end, it’s nearly double the $12.7M what Deadpool posted prior to its record February four-day weekend of $152.1M. These early estimates for Black Panther are exclusively from Deadline, so if you see them reported by a rival trade, they got them from us.

Official $25.2

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4370&p=.htm

Last edited:
I hit fatigue after the first go round. Liked the first iron man, captain America, avengers, guardians...

No interest in any of the sequels. Except for ant man. For some reason that my favorite and I’ll definitely see the sequel.

The Captain America trilogy is amazing, though! Winter Soldier is probably the best Marvel movie to date (I'm seeing Black Panther tonight, so I can't judge on that quite yet). Granted I am a Captain America fangirl, but it's mostly because of Winter Soldier.

I loved Ant Man, too!

The Captain America trilogy is amazing, though! Winter Soldier is probably the best Marvel movie to date (I'm seeing Black Panther tonight, so I can't judge on that quite yet). Granted I am a Captain America fangirl, but it's mostly because of Winter Soldier.
Were you disappointed in Civil War?

No, I loved that too. It was just a little too Iron Man heavy for a Captain America movie. It was a better Avengers movie than Age of Ultron by far.

That is fair. Civil war was almost more an ensemble movie then a pure captain america movie. I loved the movie especially the introduction of spider-man.

That is one ting I liked about black panther. It really was just black panther and wakanda and didn't try to add in other heroes as well. .

Really enjoyed Black Panther! Gotta say, my only complaint was that I wish there was more depth to some of the characters... I get it’s an action movie, but it would’ve been awesome to see a smidge less action and a bit more exploration of some of the Wakandans

My whole family went to see it yesterday and we really liked it. With the Marvel Franchise, Disney has become so good at world-building. The city of Wakanda, the architecture, the fashion, the technology - it was all so fascinating to see. The history of the Wakandan tribes was really nice too.

This one reminded me very much of Dr. Strange and Antman. It was very much a stand alone feature, being very good based upon its own merits. I can’t believe that they can still do this after having made so many Marvel films.

As a final point I will add that the music for this film was excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!