Black Panther Reviews *SPOILERS! YOU’VE BEEN WARNED!*

Black Panther might not be usable, but that doesn't mean that Wakanda and everyone else is off limits. I guarantee they could pull off a ride that featured T'Challa's little sister and it could be a blast.

I once suggested that Disney could add Nepal to DAK with an indoor dark ride/coaster that used The Ancient One and Wong from the Dr. Strange movie. It doesn't necessarily have to have the main character in the ride for it to be successful.
I don't know if thats possible under the contract. Also I don't see Disney building an area around a character in which the character cannot appear.

Dr. Strange can be used in WDW if they choose too.

I don't know if thats possible under the contract. Also I don't see Disney building an area around a character in which the character cannot appear.

Dr. Strange can be used in WDW if they choose too.

They seemed to have pulled it off with Pandora. If the main E-Ticket ride is impressive enough, you don't need the main character. Of that I am now convinced after riding FoP in DAK. In the Pandora expansion, you - the rider - becomes the main character.

They seemed to have pulled it off with Pandora. If the main E-Ticket ride is impressive enough, you don't need the main character. Of that I am now convinced after riding FoP in DAK. In the Pandora expansion, you - the rider - becomes the main character.
I find Pandora to be different though. Pandora is about the land and the future of the film franchise. Disney has full use of that with their deal with Cameron if they wanted. Disney does not have full use of Black Panther and again I am not sure even building Wakanda would be allowed since it appears in the Black Panther film.

I bet they could use it. The "land" or the other characters are not "Avengers" per say. I have been interested to see if he could have been or not. Some of the ancillary characters - Dr. Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy - are making appearances in the parks. I still think that even if he couldn't, that land could be so incredible in a park.

The movie itself was great. I was surprised by how much I liked it. And the villain might have been one of the most complex villains in any of these films. The lines of good and evil or black and white were so eloquently blurred in this movie. I can't remember the last villain that possessed the potential for so much sympathy. He was essentially exiled by the people that should have helped him - the "good" guys. It was truly well done.

Saw it Saturday night and going again on Wednesday.

Absolutely Fantastic movie!! Possibly the best of the Marvel stand alone movies.

I put this movie on the same level as Wonder Woman which I thought was the 2nd best movie last year next to The Last Jedi.

Is the Black Panther part of the Avengers (aka the Universal deal)? If not they should get it in the parks asap (Star Tours overlay after 2020) the should have the Black Panther and his little sister (a Disney Princess) for meet and greets.

Wow I really like this idea. Just picture the Star Tours ride system except you are in a mining car type thing exploring the mines when things go wrong! Shame Universal has marvel...

My DBF and I saw it this past weekend too. He really, really wanted to see it so I surprised him with tickets. He is a HUGE marvel guy. his dad even has the comics in plastic coverings in his childhood home. I've never seen any of the Marvel movies or anything like that, but this movie was AMAZING. I laughed a lot, I cried at some moments (Killmongers death and his last words, oh man) and I clapped and cheering for the bad-a-- women in every scene. There was a 9/10 year old girl sitting next to DBF and she was awe-struck by Letitia (Shuri) and it was just so awesome to see it surrounded by so many people. We went on a Sunday at 2:45 and the ENTIRE theater was packed, and the other two showing at that time were sold out too.

I cannot say enough good things about this movie. I wanted more of the background of Killmonger, and just to see a bit of him growing up and coming into the villain he was. But Shuri was the real gem for me, and I cannot wait to see her in more movies. Truly a break out star and she stole the show IMO

I cannot say enough good things about this movie. I wanted more of the background of Killmonger, and just to see a bit of him growing up and coming into the villain he was. But Shuri was the real gem for me, and I cannot wait to see her in more movies. Truly a break out star and she stole the show IMO

Yes! I loved her as well. The part when she points our his sandals was hilarious, but overall her character was great. I'm already preparing for my daughter to want to be her for Halloween and I am all for it lol

I find Pandora to be different though. Pandora is about the land and the future of the film franchise. Disney has full use of that with their deal with Cameron if they wanted. Disney does not have full use of Black Panther and again I am not sure even building Wakanda would be allowed since it appears in the Black Panther film.

Disney needs to cut a deal with universal especially for characters universal isn’t using in the parks like bp.

Disney needs to cut a deal with universal especially for characters universal isn’t using in the parks like bp.
I don’t see that happening anytime soon. It would cost a great deal of money and neither group is really losing out big right now.

Not so great things: What is up with Marvel and the villain of the week? Besides Thanos, who has really only been vaguely featured in Guardians, and Loki (who is now a fan fav), why can't any villains survive and show up again?

How fantastically fun was Killmonger? Why couldn't he live to pester our heroes another day? And did Marvel seriously not want to give Michael B. Jordan a chance to return in the future? This isn't just a problem with Black Panther though, it shows up in most Marvel movies. While I don't want Marvel to go into Batman territory (seriously Batman, how many lives would you save by just killing the Joker instead of sending him to jail time and again? Though I can't just blame Batman for that, that is most comics). But would it really kill Marvel to have a few villains escape to fight another day?
We saw it Tuesday and honestly this is my one main complaint. I think it's because IMO it was such an overused (in general not just speaking about Marvel) thing.

There were fantastic subplots the main one of villian going after revenge and then dying in the end...it's just so overused at this point.

I would have loved some twist to it.

It was a great movie with great music and dialogue IMO, loved the costumes, the landscape they created, etc just that one sticking point left me a tad disappointed.

I really loved it. It has a very deep message and everything was spot on. Production, cinematography etc. and I think the cultural impact it’s had is fantastic as well

We saw it Tuesday and honestly this is my one main complaint. I think it's because IMO it was such an overused (in general not just speaking about Marvel) thing.

There were fantastic subplots the main one of villian going after revenge and then dying in the end...it's just so overused at this point.

I would have loved some twist to it.

It was a great movie with great music and dialogue IMO, loved the costumes, the landscape they created, etc just that one sticking point left me a tad disappointed.

I can kind of see your point but felt that this one was a little different too. Killmonger believed fully in his cause and was going to let up so the only way for T'Challa to stop him was to essentially kill him. And there was the offer to heal him so he wasn't fully killed off int he fight like most. I think that his line about dying free instead of living imprisoned fit him well and was a good line itself. So while the overall trope of revenge ending in death might be used a lot I think they handed it really well in this movie.

Honestly, my one real issue with the movie is how W'Kabi was handled. Felt he was the one character that needed a little more screen time and development. We start out in a couple scnes seeing him as a good and long time friend of T'Challa and love of Okoye. And it is established for his hatred, and reason for such, of Klaue. But seems liek a big change for him to completely turn against T'Challa, even up to not seeming to care if he dies because of one failed mission to capture Klaue. Also, even more so with the fact that he ends up siding with the one person that caused the failure of the mission as well. Granted we never saw T'Challa mention that Killmonger ruined his mission so maybe he didn't know that. However, the not saying anything by T'Challa was another issue related to this I had.

I can kind of see your point but felt that this one was a little different too. Killmonger believed fully in his cause and was going to let up so the only way for T'Challa to stop him was to essentially kill him. And there was the offer to heal him so he wasn't fully killed off int he fight like most. I think that his line about dying free instead of living imprisoned fit him well and was a good line itself. So while the overall trope of revenge ending in death might be used a lot I think they handed it really well in this movie.
True, but I still feel like something different could have been done. There's no continuation in the main plot point, no reason to really mention Killmonger ever again in future movies. It's sorta how Red Skull hasn't been mentioned really since Capatain America. I just feel like Killmonger would have brought a very strong opposition to the ways of thinking that would have been interesting to see again.

Honestly, my one real issue with the movie is how W'Kabi was handled. Felt he was the one character that needed a little more screen time and development. We start out in a couple scnes seeing him as a good and long time friend of T'Challa and love of Okoye. And it is established for his hatred, and reason for such, of Klaue. But seems liek a big change for him to completely turn against T'Challa, even up to not seeming to care if he dies because of one failed mission to capture Klaue. Also, even more so with the fact that he ends up siding with the one person that caused the failure of the mission as well. Granted we never saw T'Challa mention that Killmonger ruined his mission so maybe he didn't know that. However, the not saying anything by T'Challa was another issue related to this I had.
See I saw the subtle adjustment in W'Kabi throughout the movie (like body language, facial expressions, and dialogue) and totally picked that he was going to turn against T'Challa. T'Challa represented the status quo. He was just like his father in that he believed keeping Wakanda's technology a secret from others whereas W'Kabi didn't completely share this viewpoint.

W'Kabi let it be known he was putting his faith in T'Challa to be the one to finally capture Klaue and T'Challa did say "You have my word, I will bring him back." T'Challa failed and that combined with resistence to listen to others about Wakanda made him second guess T'Challa as a strong leader. Then you enter in someone who not only brought you your revenge in the form of a dead Klaue but also is someone willing to share Wakandan technology and boom a recipe for switching allegiances (at least in the form of who is running the country). I sorta saw it as T'Challa represented more peaceful leadership whereas W'Kabi seemed to be itching for action.

I am very interested though in seeing how W'Kabi's initial betrayal affects his relationship with those he is close to. I'm hoping that eventually that will be shown in the future.

Yea i guess the aspect of not sharing technology was something else to affect it some. The biggest thing to me though is having a difference in opinion is one thing, and could even see him supporting Killmonger as leader with those points. But pretty much being indifferent and fine with your lifelong friend being killed for this seems strange. I have had very strong differing opinions with friends but would never wish them dead just to get my way if the option came.

Marvel films have really got stale for me, but I loved Black Panther. Just a breath of fresh air.

Real shame that Marvels rights are messed up in Orlando

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter