Black tap opening?

I noticed that it is now officially listed on the Disney site. Is it officially open for good? Can someone confirm?

I think it is confirmed open for good - all the bloggers I follow on Instagram and other platforms have been reviewing it over the past several days. Its a quick service place, which I didn't realize.

Some of their prices are not bad but then again others are crazy high. 17 dollars for a milk shake is pretty stupid. 1 dollar to add onion to your burger? Come on Black Tap...

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. They really nickel and dime you (or should I say Lincoln and Hamilton you). A hamburger with some toppings, fries, and a shake is like $40.

Reactions: EmJ
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. They really nickel and dime you (or should I say Lincoln and Hamilton you). A hamburger with some toppings, fries, and a shake is like $40.

It’s definitely more Instagram post friendly than practical for a family or people on a budget. That’s the way these places are going nowadays.

It’s definitely more Instagram post friendly than practical for a family or people on a budget. That’s the way these places are going nowadays.

I hear you but the Character dining prices aren't looking so crazy when you see that price for a QS

I hear you but the Character dining prices aren't looking so crazy when you see that price for a QS
Yes. It makes the in-park prices look downright reasonable! Sure, a $20 shake is crazy, but they're enough for multiple people to share, which helps even out the cost. I mean, 4 burgers, 4 sides of fries, and 4 crazy shakes from this place is probably way more food than a family of 4 needs to order! Plus you get a fun picture with a ridiculous looking dessert. Like everything else at any attraction, part of the cost is paying for the out of the ordinary experience itself.

Yes. It makes the in-park prices look downright reasonable! Sure, a $20 shake is crazy, but they're enough for multiple people to share, which helps even out the cost. I mean, 4 burgers, 4 sides of fries, and 4 crazy shakes from this place is probably way more food than a family of 4 needs to order! Plus you get a fun picture with a ridiculous looking dessert. Like everything else at any attraction, part of the cost is paying for the out of the ordinary experience itself.

Yup this is exactly what I mean! Disney still has good classic meals, but a lot of the changes in recent years has been to appease food bloggers and those looking to share on social media. It helps marketing by raising interest. I mean it works on me most of the time...

You guys are comparing the prices of these shakes to normal shakes like they aren’t at least 3 desserts worth of calories in 1. Your family of 4 should probably be sharing 1-2 shakes. There are ice cream sandwiches and slices of cake on top for crying out loud lol. Did you think that somehow would be included for be free? Share an app or 2 for the whole group. Get your own burgers if you must. But part of the price is that’s a lot of food! :eek:

You guys are comparing the prices of these shakes to normal shakes like they aren’t at least 3 desserts worth of calories in 1. Your family of 4 should probably be sharing 1-2 shakes. There are ice cream sandwiches and slices of cake on top for crying out loud lol. Did you think that somehow would be included for be free? Share an app or 2 for the whole group. Get your own burgers if you must. But part of the price is that’s a lot of food! :eek:

Well I had no idea that one milkshake would feed multiple people. When I go to a place a milkshake is most times a drink for one person. I looked at an item on the menu and it says a large amount and I question it. It doesn't say on the milk shake that its enough to feed 2 or 3 people. I don't think you can justify the cost of an item based on the calories that they are either. I wanted to try the place since I heard about it but the prices make me think different.

Here's a pic of some of the shakes I found from a quick google search. ;)
featured_5_3-t.jpg
Sugar overload for sure!

Last edited:
Well I had no idea that one milkshake would feed multiple people. When I go to a place a milkshake is most times a drink for one person. I looked at an item on the menu and it says a large amount and I question it. It doesn't say on the milk shake that its enough to feed 2 or 3 people. I don't think you can justify the cost of an item based on the calories that they are either. I wanted to try the place since I heard about it but the prices make me think different.
Yeah, it isn’t the sort of place for everyone. I mentioned the calories because it is a whole day’s worth in a shake alone without any food to go with it. I didn’t imagine every kid in a group sitting down to a 1500-2000 calorie milkshake (with multiple treats stuck on it) all on their own, especially after the burger and sides people were pricing out. That sounds like way too much food for most healthy adults to take on at once, especially not everyone in a big family with kids. I was only suggesting sharing when possible instead of making everyone sick and breaking the bank. Everyone is welcome to ignore that advice and skip the place entirely or sit down to 4000 calorie meal of all the things, you do you.

Here’s a bit of a reference point on those shakes alone: https://spoonuniversity.com/lifesty...e-amount-of-calories-as-a-black-tap-milkshake

The burgers don’t look super exciting to me honestly, I’ve seen more creative burgers here at home. The milkshakes do look cool, but I think I might die from that much dairy :eek: I’ve been recently allowed to introduce dairy back into my diet with my new medication, but I still think that might kill me lol

Yeah, it isn’t the sort of place for everyone. I mentioned the calories because it is a whole day’s worth in a shake alone without any food to go with it. I didn’t imagine every kid in a group sitting down to a 1500-2000 calorie milkshake (with multiple treats stuck on it) all on their own, especially after the burger and sides people were pricing out. That sounds like way too much food for most healthy adults to take on at once, especially not everyone in a big family with kids. I was only suggesting sharing when possible instead of making everyone sick and breaking the bank. Everyone is welcome to ignore that advice and skip the place entirely or sit down to 4000 calorie meal of all the things, you do you.

Here’s a bit of a reference point on those shakes alone: https://spoonuniversity.com/lifesty...e-amount-of-calories-as-a-black-tap-milkshake

Thank you for that clarification for sure

The burgers don’t look super exciting to me honestly, I’ve seen more creative burgers here at home. The milkshakes do look cool, but I think I might die from that much dairy :eek: I’ve been recently allowed to introduce dairy back into my diet with my new medication, but I still think that might kill me lol
Don't worry your body will be too busy dealing with 5 lbs of sugar to worry about dairy!

I was actually at DtD on Sunday on our way back from a family thing in LA, and might have gone there if I'd known it was just opening. Ah well, next time. I'm sure we'll have a bit of time spent in the LA area this summer.

We are sitting at catal uva bar now. The line to get into black tap looks like about an hour long. We have been to the one in Vegas. The shakes are pretty amazing

Tried the take out window for shakes tonight. Not that impressed with the employee training. Black Tap makes Salt & Straw look stellar by comparison. The line was about 8-10 parties long (some singles, some couples/small families). It took us 30 minutes to reach the order window. All the menus explaining the shakes and ingredients were, inexplicably, held in a pile up at the order window instead of being passed along to the customers, like they are at Salt & Straw. So every guest had to take a long time asking questions when they could have been looking over a menu during their half hour in line. The girl taking orders was not well informed. She said that the shakes could not be modified in any way. But the menu stated that all shakes could be made vegan or non-dairy. Go figure. She asked each guest if they had any allergies, but looked dumbfounded when I told her I really do have some. She didn't know what to do and had to call back to someone else to ask about it. One bright note: there is an AP discount! After ordering and paying, we moved to the pick up window to wait some more. The employees take their time, laughing and talking while they work. It's great that they enjoy working together, but upping the tempo wouldn't hurt, either. All in all, it took us over 45 minutes to get one classic (non-fancy) shake. Kudos to Salt & Straw for training their employees so well and keeping things so efficient. And for taking allergies seriously. Black Tap should take note. The shake was good, but not worth all the trouble.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!