Blended O'HANA: lights, water fountains, and characters OH MY!

we were just-a-gigglin over it. Part of me thinks it's not really for a person, but rather just a prop. STILL FUNNY!
Ha! You are probably right, but I like to think someone actually found it.

That’s actually where we ran into my in laws! Now, remember they were going to surprise Gia. They, too, had their special shirts on. They just flew in and were staying that night, doing a romantic dinner at DTD, and coming to MK with us on Valentine’s Day then heading home.
I love it! So great! And I love the shirts.

PuqAiBCUmONJzCfCZ19DU6P5sA53lPSJ_gnYNKZe3f13OZHlXudWC-yhuwGlwrnm-YBgiAw2Xu6r5fg8LyK2T8EeCQE77Io-eLzlqHs9s-84wLNdv-fvzCuKs6Mp370ZXV5txtMp
Love the shirt! (and the face)

We happened along a stand with Poutine (fries, gravy, and mozzarella). AND OMG MY LIFE CHANGED IN THAT FIRST BITE! Mom also had been dying for a sprinkles cupcake,
I need to try both of these still!

I love her face! It's these moments that are so worth it.

Even better!

Her mom is going, but we are holding out for a trip with my family in December 2019.
When in December? We just got annual passes for all of us, So, I def want to go in Dec 2019! We will probably go early December.

Took all day, but I got it and it is ON OUR TREE!
Picture?!?! I had to search down our 2019 Disneyland ornament this year.

Geez!! Looks like I"m 3 updates behind!
...it's not you, it's me! I'm determined to finish this thing!

And my BEST FRIEND!!!!!

:rolleyes1

The New Orleans dealership (which is actually in Metairie, Louisiana) if you're ever near by.

Whoa! Whirlwind tour!
Yes! Very! when we originally booked and extended the invite they said they wanted to see her dance but if they stayed it they would only want to go to MK... which worked out kinda perfectly, really.

On behalf of Canada... You're welcome.
:thanks::worship:

I'm sorry... What????
Never met a stranger. makes friends everywhere he goes! he's got the gift of gab and could talk the ear off of a wall!

If it stinks, you'd think it would be fairly easy to find.
:P

I love it! So great! And I love the shirts.
THANK YOU! I'm still super proud of these shirts. I made the flowers on her mom's side pink and blue on dad's side. This was one of the first shirts I made with lots of layering of vinyl. Lots of work went into them and i'm still butt-hurt I don't have a picture of us all together. But they were great, and I think G was really proud of them, too.

Even better!
This picture still gives me chills. She's at a tough age right now. Knows more than she should, but not mature enough to fully process things like empathy or respect. But when we get moments like this, it makes all the bad stuff suck a lot less. With Christmas coming up, I guess she is just full of the spirit because we've had lots of moments like this lately and it has been wonderful.

When in December? We just got annual passes for all of us, So, I def want to go in Dec 2019! We will probably go early December.
She's going with her Mom for another dance trip over Mardi Gras. That'll be in March this coming year. We are going as a family, with my parents, in early December 2019. I wanted the first weekend, but my mom has some reason we have to wait until 12/13... I jusst don't remember what it is. Either way, yesterday marked 365 days until we are there again!!!

The New Orleans dealership (which is actually in Metairie, Louisiana) if you're ever near by.

I'm hoping some day. :)

Yes! Very! when we originally booked and extended the invite they said they wanted to see her dance but if they stayed it they would only want to go to MK... which worked out kinda perfectly, really.

Good! Glad to hear that. I can't imagine going to FL and only spending a night.

I'd do it, mind you, if that was my only option. :)

:laughing:

Never met a stranger. makes friends everywhere he goes! he's got the gift of gab and could talk the ear off of a wall!

Oh! Never heard that expression before. :)

Oh my goodness her wee face!
Just priceless:love:
Great job on the shirts. You all look awesome in them and I’m sure Gia loved them.
Sounds like an early night was the way to go for you all but I must say even when you’re exhausted you’re still looking lovely :goodvibes

All caught up again! Been far too long since I've been able to just have a quiet morning and read. :) But, you had quite a full day at DHS with loads of attractions

I loved this photo (and the next one of your Hollywood pose). Your blouse is fantastic even though you did have to take off the Malificent cape. Still.... pretty!

But, I had my mommy! So I was, eh, okay.

Awwww!!! :love:

That is so cool!!! Even cooler that you said it looked like one even before you saw this!

Looooove this photo! A lot.

How fun to see the girls dance and have fun performing. :goodvibes

I'm hoping some day. :)
You and me both. My husband is going to go crazy if I don't take the time to go visit his store soon! But I do hope you get a chance to visit this area some day. I think you'd really enjoy it! Certainly would make for good stories.

Good! Glad to hear that. I can't imagine going to FL and only spending a night.
Neither could I. All to surprise G and see the kids enjoy a day of Disney. They love Disney, but not like we love Disney. It's more work than fun for them. So a day was perfect. I couldn't make that trip and only do a day. I'd feel like I would have cheated myself of all the things I'd want to do but couldn't.

Oh my goodness her wee face!
Just priceless:love:
Great job on the shirts. You all look awesome in them and I’m sure Gia loved them.
Sounds like an early night was the way to go for you all but I must say even when you’re exhausted you’re still looking lovely :goodvibes
:thanks: Her face there, still lights me up! I worked hard on those shirts, so thank you. IDK about lovely and exhausted in the same sentence, but Mom took a good picture. I also thank her for the good hair! :D

Been far too long since I've been able to just have a quiet morning and read
If you a normal, functioning human being then I am certain that quiet morning to read was 1-hard to come by and 2-WELL DESERVED!

I loved this photo (and the next one of your Hollywood pose). Your blouse is fantastic even though you did have to take off the Malificent cape. Still.... pretty!
:thanks: I take a lot of pride in my outfit planning. This trip was all tunics and "I've had a baby in the last year" tops! So I had to find a way to take that, theme it, and make it cute. But i'm mostly proud I didn't wear leggings everyday. Only because it was hot LOL. But Thank you!

How fun to see the girls dance and have fun performing. :goodvibes
They did. I know she's doing it again in 2019, granted we won't be there, but that first time PERFORMING in DISNEY will always be special and I'm so glad we were there to see it.

You and me both. My husband is going to go crazy if I don't take the time to go visit his store soon! But I do hope you get a chance to visit this area some day. I think you'd really enjoy it! Certainly would make for good stories.

Who knows! Maybe next year's road trip. :)

Neither could I. All to surprise G and see the kids enjoy a day of Disney. They love Disney, but not like we love Disney. It's more work than fun for them. So a day was perfect. I couldn't make that trip and only do a day. I'd feel like I would have cheated myself of all the things I'd want to do but couldn't.

I was thinking of this...
I can't justify the $$$ of a flight from here to there. I think minimum would be around $600, and probably more. So that much just for one day? No.

But.

If someone said "Here's a plane ticket. You get to Florida on Tuesday night and fly back Thursday morning (i.e. 1 full day there)… I'd do it.

Happy Valentine’s Day from the Magic Kingdom

We woke up that Wednesday morning early. I WAS SO EXCITED! I had cards and small things for everyone, including Mom, for Valentine’s Day. Because that’s what she used to always do for us. And she also had things for all of us as well. G was with her mom, but we had cards and what not to bring to her in the park.

gpwubGATUoi49Jf8JpKp0E3XMZ5tu3TG82OK_hxJlMUl2cqB1bIpugNmBf6tUIj2eZw_TR7eubfAmf_FZk-70IkrtwIqJLObyv6JWyGwexpWsJiSsjxV6T9ISIcICYt4hvG8IWls

56la4sd8WYlhyZ75uALXjhwfQiUuOsHr8SEodjZJzxiL0W514NeIuww7hVX4vmNqmwT7au-yk7vAh6B5bRD59kDwB-dM9npxeHjQsK9RMEAiP7IytRmyqT2yr4UinX6FaUzJ1_ov

47y5073zDFH_901wp7HPQ42p61QjZnN0kpiwz3cRydJjabiT4PLKEkF-gVDhz0wD3Oa0TWeMdvfvIISyRjJ5rzJDbVd2mFcoY4Yu6CT9zo2yq2mA73E9C58GUmfboybBsk3ZuFxq

She had her dance workshop this morning and was expected to meet us around 10:30ish. So we had planned to get to the park around opening and hopefully score a minute with “talking” sorcerer Mickey. Only because we needed to stay near the front of the park because we had JOHN PAUL’S FIRST HAIRCUT scheduled!!!!!!

But before that, we had to get from the resort to the park… on a bendy bus… on the bendy part of the bendy bus. SO WEIRD. And kinda dangerous. So don’t do it. You basically get eaten by the bus every time it turns a curve. Definitely an experience, though! HA!

t0INLMHbXZhsuTU0ZTsVut22Wfuv-nA6mv1XCVOr_PuW-a1WE9mmV9W9-xNKJwO-pQOzobZzoIFhPCsY95DikgYqm9rsqCAITeOhibMgr4W1Z4lfHD8kdJ4HbJlTbsZC7n4Y6lex

When we got into the park, we went right for the talking Mickey. The line didn’t look TOO long. Of course, after a long while, we realized that behind the door were more lines, and so on and so forth. But we waited it out a little while until finally give up to go check in for the haircut. Disappointing, but we will live. First, of course I had to get pictures of my baby’s SUPER CUTE valentine’s day shirt and how precious he was being swinging on the ropes! Mostly because the day was warming up and it would be silly for him to continue to wear it too much longer. I also tried to get pictures of the one, tiny curl he had before it would be gone.

hxMdCXP6bvjbwWg4XIL3Amv_9jJJ76X9mVuuuLxZPuTW83kXgnQqiYaVwKXngy1H_wxr40VfPkxvro5wqSBgWSjUY0oPzE3NI0lCw5lwlOjo0f8uIepBOBSDuRfczK2wWrnhxC9g

u7PuCcVTWdBH1FybYVppuKgydKiEmRK6QuqEXUktIXzEi0vjyFCU8cArssAAZu2sCMDLKx-kZzU5scmAcMJ-DzNc44IUlDc2EL26VTzy7lBjrbFNXZF5ycv2nSQHZLyxKhUA2_Bg

XRqhgSXLf-zwryc-0Lj0LV9CWvkslO9bPcZMu_lttULK5J8fl2POXKLEB3MQT3jM1YA--rAo5UidDm-yPfHFj9cyFAuC5ARlfk2d4q0G1ytp8QIF2HdCnhnHqRRK2s4V8SP4D640

TzQfVIh_IZhHOUq-FRodD3mABkw0SQrcvOsbcXfz8ZT9gyTyyRwC-thQsxswEEbmXDgZX9tLy1xDA2ETSjzpdD7ZaVqX4Llr7-AXNUcslcdOJsq4zfhqaO1SzDjiSEm5VO7lH5No

That shirt… I mean. HOW CUTE?! Thank you, Target!

Now, he definitely did not need a haircut. But we were there, we had some time without Gia so that she wouldn’t get jealous, and how could we possibly resist getting it done there.

First, the disclaimer. IT IS NOT EXPENSIVE! The first haircut package was about $25 and I got more out of it than the $20 haircuts we get every few weeks now. So if you ever get the chance, DO IT.

I made the appointment over the phone, a month or so before, once my husband convinced me we had to do it. I didn’t want to do it if he had no hair to cut. But, obviously, we went for it. I knew about where it was because we got my sister “pixie dust” when she was little from the Barber Shop. We needed to check in a few minutes before, so one of us walked over to check us in while the others stayed in line for Mickey. Just in case. Once we gave up on that, we all walked across Main Street over to the Barber Shop. We passed our old friends:

oSeGZYJrN-gvodIaWY-MfML-bHV31tNw3hyJwvOft4URCqyAccBJuH8VWegKE7jW7wEqIcr-GeayKSkguYyj3yvnIvYoLbZ2Wzd2LK_8QL_-CKYvwkoifm4I8e3gOpNKe9fg4Unk

Then walked right into the Barber Shop.

sMztk88-TAaKh8Y9HecH3PybQTrNEKTgcaLE9rqZoHxeWVp_hJeAYMCV2xHA4v2vnFOPGqTp8DQkZsCFz08JveX0i-eRkIvGpgSxFN3nJ9OVob6TxyQ2HmPqULWFZiqQ5nXq2yO6

Continued...

It is tucked away in the corner if you’ve never been there before. No one was there or waiting at the time. They just checked us in and had to get the chair ready for him.

Before we sat him down, the woman asked me if I wanted his hair cut. I was like, “well, yes that’s why we are here. I know it’s hardly any, but we really wanted to do this.” She says, “Oh, no. He has enough to cut. Some Moms don’t actually want to cut it. They just come, sit, get the hat, take the pictures, and move on.” I was like NOPE! Cut it!

It did make me a little sad. But we were in the happiest place on earth, so that softened the blow a good bit.

They sat him down and gave him something (to put in his mouth, duh) to occupy him. Then they started to cover him in Mickey stickers. I had heard about this before, but it was truly precious to witness.

v3Uw5OJG843tFRsJnHPa7wZjP7JnV_BMb920sx-V6BNvIfqxUTWOq-yFjKcSDAvXXvvVYlTn40Lg-q3VfFerc214KXJBwKEC3AeyH43F5NQ1_Qv4_Wrl1RVMiqDFDpJSuCciEZy2

Then she got the clippers out and went for it. Bless her! I would be so nervous cutting barely any hair in front of the mother who may or may not be a wreck about it. And a little 9 month old. Anything could happen. I was fine, but I was worried for her.

T3-cVGSC0P_b8LQidadtEyRtf8bav674jUzSGLH3c-276SxHN_PpwdkWTcMX4QIvuBdFwqCsmv9vNSX9HPUM6eWkazog_iGedSvwpH9wd1kzLLMVZCfZx89FJEtE4RB0O80SVZ6Q

He did surprisingly well. I thought he did well at that time, but we got a haircut this week near home and it was NOTHING like this. He screams bloody murder so bad now that I have to sit him in my lap and hold his arms and legs while my husband holds his head still. Of course that’s after the 500 attempts to just comfort him or make him happy. Yeah, nothing like how this experience went.

anQzKVC6g-GAChSYTWWXda1r74E-3dNfj0slWsHzv-5atliDV9tcqbwA5MBoG7z8Md8C_gCjHUh2ZqgVN2KncwUBCrCcU8dZ9qNAmabWEXLA2fXWqMHTkU4blUXZvZio-zGR2hWZ

Then he started to get more mobile. But the hairdresser was a trooper! She just kept on going.

IIkGIOjgjNn3QCsH4kyeCYerxQxp8l_9cXdHTN98g6lLi9gRXCt7379wHUZ7i3ofyUiIwApWnke1gIa4laPe2UaSfPk8JVL4Da-CqHIaRm_GOfXor5-0-JvrFyYkthjf_dNWKreV

Dad had to step in and make sure he wouldn’t fall.

9AaZ-iUyG38Wy9hXLvnbj57l99fLUAHp5pafdntJsYfK5QTz0TVdaFzfdgkC33AJFfGVf2Gm6fdvdQVkrTaTdRXccAsdx-LMLXRrC7pdxlDZrp30Q1mNxP-DcYkTCSC8C-wbbL1R

0s8Cw0vOXMy8C5bhe56EjnP85uFsf6pTtQ_VQntPt8PNWvWW0v86P3jYZG-aYBQaaAXrNyN3_WVPGXaWlbNQugjpX9VTJeAT4uLcqxBSgKmvNVi9JYvoOihRWvOO9UYYn12qgzwh

But no worries, she was nearly done. Then we got our ‘my first haircut’ ears!!!

uf7KGutD1du0dRS0aL4Xt0pRGDCYC0eAI1ihVeKqz0H0ChW-Gk4rvgbfbWjjvyjwalVSbuDJ6nrrDp5znGuNHhVJgx4AJ5cbX6qXPHpItuguOyhGcJNqKjP5Y5YmoFuIc5xrXuZx

Then they gave him pixie dust. Momma went and got some Pixie Dust, too!

hEFLVtOtXvOAT3bxNSxqmUist1DccLCvT60lEPzCXeXTkUM995ClFKlyGiJaQhpVLcNTZsz7fXVBKK5_HtHdzZnlGXyksHLE406ZPeLbzgFnuNsECE8shmyU6tpBHPQeaEnwJiKE

_C2pUaJmz_HVayItzeP1ckrshqk3o6a8VxlyhI6qLfOdqK_RxR448jPjKxVhZ9qveBlvdMuFBQd9dq2FFtcqF5lZ1YKRzHwgakC1cPRmyCq1AQGmCGawMSvI_9VAHU_ZQ5ElP6FU

We really enjoyed the whole experience! My best friend took her almost 2 year old girl shortly after that and did the same. They enjoyed it as well. Totally do it if you can!

Next: Splitting up/meeting up/ It’s a small world after all

upload_2018-12-19_20-7-42.png
Ach wee man did awesome! My grandson is 9months and there’s no way I could imagine him sitting still like that! I feel like I need hands like an octopus has legs just to change his nappy/ place in car seat or stroller or high chair!!!:rotfl::rotfl:
JP looks awesome with his new haircut, Mickey ears and that smile!:love:

I WAS SO EXCITED! I had cards and small things for everyone, including Mom, for Valentine’s Day.

That's really nice of you. :)

we had JOHN PAUL’S FIRST HAIRCUT scheduled!!!!!!

No way!!
How cool is that?!?!?

But before that, we had to get from the resort to the park… on a bendy bus… on the bendy part of the bendy bus. SO WEIRD. And kinda dangerous. So don’t do it.

Dangerous? You think so? I've never sat/stood in one (at least not at the bend, that I can recall), but I'd think that Disney wouldn't allow it if it was dangerous?

Of course, after a long while, we realized that behind the door were more lines, and so on and so forth.

Well, crap. Typical Disney, I guess.

I also tried to get pictures of the one, tiny curl he had before it would be gone.

Awww.... itty bitty thing.

Awww. :)

But we were there, we had some time without Gia so that she wouldn’t get jealous, and how could we possibly resist getting it done there.

::yes::

First, the disclaimer. IT IS NOT EXPENSIVE! The first haircut package was about $25 and I got more out of it than the $20 haircuts we get every few weeks now. So if you ever get the chance, DO IT.

Huh. Not bad at all.

“Oh, no. He has enough to cut. Some Moms don’t actually want to cut it. They just come, sit, get the hat, take the pictures, and move on.” I was like NOPE! Cut it!

Mom's a trooper.

Then they started to cover him in Mickey stickers. I had heard about this before, but it was truly precious to witness.

Did not know about this.

I would be so nervous cutting barely any hair in front of the mother who may or may not be a wreck about it.

:hug:

He screams bloody murder so bad now that I have to sit him in my lap and hold his arms and legs while my husband holds his head still.

Really!
Well... maybe he's expecting to be covered in stickers...

Wow! Look at her go! Even with him turned completely around!

Awwwww… cutie patootie.

Momma went and got some Pixie Dust, too!

:laughing: Good for you!

I had cards and small things for everyone, including Mom, for Valentine’s Day. Because that’s what she used to always do for us.

Awww, very sweet!

I also tried to get pictures of the one, tiny curl he had before it would be gone.

He can always grow more. Give him 14 years.

Now, he definitely did not need a haircut. But we were there, we had some time without Gia so that she wouldn’t get jealous, and how could we possibly resist getting it done there.

All great reasons to get this done!

Before we sat him down, the woman asked me if I wanted his hair cut. I was like, “well, yes that’s why we are here. I know it’s hardly any, but we really wanted to do this.” She says, “Oh, no. He has enough to cut. Some Moms don’t actually want to cut it. They just come, sit, get the hat, take the pictures, and move on.” I was like NOPE! Cut it!

That's just.... weird. I mean, like... fake it, sorta?

gave him something (to put in his mouth, duh)

Baby X...anax?

I love this picture so much!! So cute!

I’m all caught up!

First haircut pics were adorable. Too bad talking Mickey didn’t work out. We saw him once before he became silent. He was cute but my kids didn’t really know what to say back. My daughter loves meeting characters but is too shy to say anything. She shakes her head yes or no most of the time. My son is at the age where he thinks he’s too cool for chatcacters or it’s embarrassing. :sad2: Oh & forget meeting princesses. He won’t do that anymore. I blame my husband for teasing him about them.

Gia’s face was priceless in the in-law surprise picture. It’s awesome how you were all able to come together to make a family trip for Gia. I’m sure that’s something she will look back on & remember how special it was.

What a heartbreaker!!!
:thanks:

Oh my gosh, he's so precious!
:love:

This is SO cute! I love his shirt plastered with Mickey stickers :)
He loved it too!

This picture is great! And I totally think that CM's spirit totally helped with JP's mood! And $25 is worth it for the ears alone!
Absolutely! I'm SOOO glad we did that.

He looks like, YEAH! I did it!
I wish he looked more like this after haircuts these days.

Ach wee man did awesome! My grandson is 9months and there’s no way I could imagine him sitting still like that! I feel like I need hands like an octopus has legs just to change his nappy/ place in car seat or stroller or high chair!!!:rotfl::rotfl:
JP looks awesome with his new haircut, Mickey ears and that smile!:love:
I still can't believe he was this good for it. But you know Disney... they know what they're doing. And we have never had an experience in a barber shop this good since LOL

That's really nice of you. :)
Thank you, but I couldn't imagine NOT doing that, now. Just what we do!

No way!!
How cool is that?!?!?
THE COOLEST!

Dangerous? You think so? I've never sat/stood in one (at least not at the bend, that I can recall), but I'd think that Disney wouldn't allow it if it was dangerous?
There may or may not have been notices to not stand there. I'm honestly not sure. The middle of the bus, though there are no rails to hold on to, is okay. But being in the actual bend... not ideal. Also, it was EARLY and had there been a warning, we missed it. And we also totally leaned into the bendy part to hold us up. Like I said.. it was early. Then we got bus-eaten. Definitely an experience, though!

Well, crap. Typical Disney, I guess.
womp womp wommmmmmp.

Huh. Not bad at all.
I'm still as shocked!

Really!
Well... maybe he's expecting to be covered in stickers...
Looks like I need to order a ton of stickers now. GOOD THINKING!

Wow! Look at her go! Even with him turned completely around!
She was the real champ, here.

:laughing: Good for you!
When in Rome!

He can always grow more. Give him 14 years.
He hasn't grown any since, but I also don't let his hair grow. Now-a-days, it's just kinda a nappy, matted mess.

That's just.... weird. I mean, like... fake it, sorta?
Yeah that kinda weirded me out, too. And i thought I was silly for wanting to get his tiny bit of hair cut.

Baby X...anax?
THIS JUST MADE MY DAY!

I love this picture so much!! So cute!
Thank you!!!! Mom took it. Wanted all the great elements of the experience.

I’m all caught up!

First haircut pics were adorable. Too bad talking Mickey didn’t work out. We saw him once before he became silent. He was cute but my kids didn’t really know what to say back. My daughter loves meeting characters but is too shy to say anything. She shakes her head yes or no most of the time. My son is at the age where he thinks he’s too cool for chatcacters or it’s embarrassing. :sad2: Oh & forget meeting princesses. He won’t do that anymore. I blame my husband for teasing him about them.

Gia’s face was priceless in the in-law surprise picture. It’s awesome how you were all able to come together to make a family trip for Gia. I’m sure that’s something she will look back on & remember how special it was.

First of all, THANK YOU for sticking around. I don't remember if he talked or not when we went in 2015, but I feel like that would be kind of awkward. Cool, but awkward. Gia used to get so shy. Now that she's 8, we've worked for years on her learning to order her own food, etc. And she's gotten much better. Still thinks we need to be by her side at all moments, but at least she speaks for herself. Regardless, we all love to meet characters. Except my Dad. But we call him Grumpy for good reasons. I'm glad we did the princess breakfast already with JP so we don't have to do it for a while more. I don' tknow how he will react in the future, but even as a 9 month old, he was more fascinated by the characters than people dressed up as characters. I hope she looks back on this trip with a smile. It definitely was a turning point for all of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter