Blended O'HANA: lights, water fountains, and characters OH MY!

More...

jnHf6Pmkh-3SFtSv6TshC0xNHuuA-2FsoIwWbf4ChM26jxObQb2b6vwPLkz6vEgnyqkTBQtQakNcmFd5nIzzNSK28WFxjD1m_svdpmlJEJr9w-wqqFwkMyNypDEMtjR3UppiwTC7

Had to give Gia jobs, so I advised her to color in the lettering before we put them in the frames. This is the only one she did before giving up.

b9BVbJPk-p3yj7Ii_6BJzEfUfruwlQUM1nc-oNxr-UAZNslHvqxpehV4sZsTDvr4Nm6jzmV7c8S9Q6lquVP4U4-uB16IUn2n6lOsYR89ZySnfukQeGI7R6AZmjU63Kv5DeDAZvEv

She did help me tag the bubbles! I just printed these labels on cardstock.

fv_A1tzUNFZLeoN5w3UhNSNtR7Y3N3Of9XubvpqU0uTSjMmPUmbDkGJhx2Kz-6Hhheg8Y5Y3uMLnmWmREn1y8pzt8APhLEb9Q4gaHKRFOqnVbxIiEfYXGtzZtEWE0r_VbWaRX-wR

It's the little things....

4BE1xDtlyL0Ns0w13GJRvzxvycwpyvo19zbXMijYmvrLsJijhzOD7BEMutfxQQZNqf8hmooFgG0yafxokT3ap_Rnebs2F9ARr778RZNCx28b-yz9XaAwIiccypqbwQKY-Vip4mHI

Apparently I spent $25 on a rush order snapchat filter for NOTHING because it didn't work and I'm not sure why, and I'm still but-hurt about it. But of course we had a photo area.

xAg2z4QxlbsAML3lao2dGqp2gYTiyX-C8h6aQFXQZ_JK6hzzHOuNdd99BJWa8SnP-0tGYnwCEgvG1DTJgfsyAFDrpaxS8sF6kx7BtJ6iStYVreH66xCealTpqfQfegap5r-Sko-W

Look My baby in his newborn Mickey pics and his 1 year Mickey pics (posting after).

agq5SiNWIqwsq-zVOmyWl0rk4EHu-XknB7i_pa6kbQyl6kbdRZDvsmA0Ea3660VgbVtvNBfXsttzAiuZneTYII_4myY2Ol2I3YETcQQqX1-U9GhRn9y6ifvQcw2PpPzOsMwyozQ1

Told you we had a photo area! And I made that frame as well! With help, but made it.

6Asvx_Y2-HK_fiGU41mkN_sb0ZRZ-yr3T77yxwpId3ewMKyO1gEkc8HTJe03UIRw3t5gCOmtQpApR-Y5keeOAvS_TTjlr-dM4waGTseMvfP8F0lBPutc3RFUilxgzEIThASb6g3l

Of course my man had a special swimsuit for his birthday!
ryFaQX-A0LJsBcd2qVg_5xla-LxZfKVN3ozhtac3ZH1E76PCotnpAPTYa8vGY-Y8wasAZ5N64vPFLmAW5i5l68ueijkhnsopEC8aT2-LKJP3K01YsjGnNojQLTFsEiGvHzt_8fWa

Sick or not, he still really enjoyed himself. He's such a water baby! Notice: sans pants. He played in the water for 5 minutes before a massive blow-out. I know that's probably typical, but he really doesn't have that problem. Stupid sickness had him all messed up.

5jMIpuuBd0NariKSwL7mz3mDD4IC6ejLw4_80KbGaMknn3oton-xmtqhuFqiGiTCquYUVxlwX_elBn7YE8UxmHvDhSqO4C8jtomSxIGC8nKsOHDr1o8rgcXvcl9Sb9orrwqSPpVy

I also didn't consider that he would look like a murderous clown after eating red and black icing. But luckily, he's still cute.

gj8CtxbNzKW0tsqg1k6tH9xM6wFFMA9LaP3nllX8enXYGdVVtlE-2Pw2CfbJ21sottjTGQHWahpcFCf6MIm_csPU_psm-ALm7tayTrDbVGVwUaJKBdX9dFH4WZmQbS0QtkbAkJ4f

The 4 of us!

LOVED this thing!

That sounds like our day before Disney routine too. I obsess over having a clean house, etc. Then I do silly things like decide to plant our garden before we leave or something like that. LOL

And lastly…

I couldn’t make myself spend money on a photographer, but I have taken his pictures all along this past year. So I did some research and got some props together and I was going to do his 1 year Mickey themed pictures. I was going to let him smash a cake, point at birds, and get eaten by plenty mosquitos, apparently. But they turned out so cute and we had a good time doing it.

BRxSFnDhDkP4k-kXgjpTzRTVNwrxILmbm1DxE0H7_fL3vYGV197VRyjtdctzZJZeBo4BxZaso9hbwjYCi13nqf3zKpUFzZiUKnVgP6KYQMoidX5Aox6RzGt2mWvI3Pq__sZzuKhk

TZ7UCgD875kwb82XMDR5MG-3TRPbr8H4cny9iET9mE0-LgzOQ9eIlP5VQWVfBORn8fMkmLT4husyLkvT7coAQrhgoONPlOPXbO78v2BVr6b3eRcd2ShzM5xugwqvQ65zhH5BTo17

1fKupnGU5fcjYx6Wo9ZZtuD11hjPfdmQo7bC1DdIfT-3bauLC8gPjwG7YecOTMzSZpp2-9lwxRlWgOqPQgTikjCD9_9JL55uOjDLug4tZg6m8FfsWiKzyPwoMGzNXMuW30T0gBEX

When I gave him the cake, he wouldn't get his hands dirty. He just dove right in.

ityTxmavtZupIhsOA5jv3R4dV8UqHoUyUdendST_VKJxv-NyXRNTs3DN05wBDa8RN2vLFFHDLBTfJ4Xv7ZtLKDzWBSVXOXr97lvtCafiSM7abk20F8mVciufIFvoNDCQd8WWoCJx

He eventually got his hands in there. And ate more than half of it, himself.

GbWrYCxhxirfjfaxBDWEg6jfrS7diM7sldVy6uKJcICJ5fTS2HuqpyY5xGoO3mInVX7n02TABlLAqyjy3VgTW0lNAHSApuxXPUN1kVPpSs0mZxL3V7hOuBZbpZCwTjzIqq88QmUX

This is my favorite picture. I'm testing the waters and really enjoy taking pictures, but my kids are definitely my favorite subject.

9PZKAQu4afPlhYLk5MU_FzPeuFyBoqWJ8VMWGpWSYd6n-E1X6x-GV71At2_-QssUQvUYhdSAR99R4pW8bdJOiad5oIrIw70atjPHWGzcyo5F1S7uf8QPWNiS47u5bGdwhMgTrED5

Mom, I'm ONE!

lXjMJcqqg1qUQp_A7LJGAuYXdimmgaJ4G_OgthuXKdGOyNxPAw9ht23-FVRErIBh-QSNN9qnz_0c9XTnhJzjjKAzsBJBRe2QshYXOi1qYD-3ReXNhRaAdmExuOWc8CVEOaOZdDt-

Now, get the camera out of my face.

8L8JECf_roFdWzYvSQG98u2cjyTjxmeS181zsZlmwlIRGcmd3Qke2qpoMtklAlCSwgUr3UApR4UYETgkEXwe7b1Vlw7dWhWxXeYdVattTfv-ns-YkpqH_M7UiuIwt6gz56Zry_qW

But first... Mickey kisses.

WDQvnN8eM3Wgtiq91L7l1HpjCepIWqAqw_lq4ogf-r7Rj9_jfUm36S6G2tQcTLwAZVVm0ARDHVhE8LPX4Ps7lHGRib696z3nNyMvV5656XmEHhY5xsi0rffcTzWjPIfKfSgU-Iw2

And he was sick most of the week of his birthday. So his first day back to daycare, I put him in his birthday shirt (Thank you, Target $7.99)

HBUzrDC_nBJmdamh4nCvHSU13z10H1ltNJh0b5tjsivM2hKRoixtD7wyKll8KEhx4SYLfwZp_9DYvZLTjLu2DO0I_Ivqd-1WqrVM7yKI05cH9-XrpvvFQ5SXf9uZo2I_v57dDrwS

So long as you both were able to move past it and go into the start of your vacation on the right foot that's all that matters.

He held that Italian grudge until after the first flight. I'll get more into that later. But after that, honestly we had THE MOST AMAZING trip we've ever had.

That sounds like our day before Disney routine too. I obsess over having a clean house, etc. Then I do silly things like decide to plant our garden before we leave or something like that. LOL

YOU KNOW MY LIFE!!! I get like that. EXACTLY like that.

Happy birthday, JP! You did such a great job with the party! I could never pull off something that creative and cute.

Now that everyone is versed in my crazy,

:rolleyes1

So my little monster, John Paul, turned 1 this week!

Happy Birthday!

To rent the room was $70! I was sold. So much better than cleaning my own house before and after. I mean, let's be real, AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!

Been there! ::yes::

My Dad and Gia helped with the Mickey sandwiches

I can't tell. Cheese? PB&J?

Ordered this. Terrible experience.

Sorry to hear that.

Mom made these. They're addictive.

And pretty.

It's the little things....

:) I really like that.

Of course my man had a special swimsuit for his birthday!

Suitable!

I also didn't consider that he would look like a murderous clown after eating red and black icing.

:lmao:

I couldn’t make myself spend money on a photographer, but I have taken his pictures all along this past year. So I did some research and got some props together and I was going to do his 1 year Mickey themed pictures. I was going to let him smash a cake, point at birds, and get eaten by plenty mosquitos, apparently. But they turned out so cute and we had a good time doing it.

They did turn out well!

Gonna again?

Not during the summer heat. We've done end of May beginning of June twice and end of June once. We were thinking after Christmas through New Years 2019-2020 but now we're looking at early December 2019. Danielle is hoping to do the college program that fall.

Not during the summer heat. We've done end of May beginning of June twice and end of June once. We were thinking after Christmas through New Years 2019-2020 but now we're looking at early December 2019. Danielle is hoping to do the college program that fall.
Don't blame you. That summer heat is no joke!

College program! I know two who've done it (or at least started it. I seem to recall that one may have dropped out.) Has she applied yet?

Happy Birthday to your little guy! He's adorable and you threw such a cute party!

I can definitely relate to your night before vacation freak-out. I think as women, we tend to not really know how to ask for help when we need it, but wish our husbands would just know that we need it. They just aren't built the same as us. It's super frustrating at times! I'm sure heading the the most magical place on earth helped you forget about all that :lovestruc

College program! I know two who've done it (or at least started it. I seem to recall that one may have dropped out.) Has she applied yet?

Not yet. She wants to apply for Fall 2019 so she would need to start the process in early 2019.

Such cute first birthday pics!!!! You really did a great job.

Thank you! We all worked really hard, and I'm glad we did. Can't say I'll do it that fun and fancy again. But First Birthday in now in the books!

What a fun party!!! Good job!

Thank you, thank you very much!

So sweet!

Funny, this actually wasn't planned. So it REALLY was sweet. He just LOVES Mickey Mouse.

Happy birthday, JP! You did such a great job with the party! I could never pull off something that creative and cute.

Oh, I'm sure Pintrest can make us all that creative! But thank you.

:cool1:

Happy Birthday!

:thanks:

I can't tell. Cheese? PB&J?

ham and cheese. mayo on the side.

Suitable!

punny!

They did turn out well!

Thank you, I do love them. But probably because I just love that little boy.

Don't blame you. That summer heat is no joke!

:crazy2:... how I feel about Disney in the summer.

College program! I know two who've done it

One of my best friends in college did it. She ended up getting us her discount for our wedding and was able to be there, too. She finished college at LSU, but went back and still works for Disney 5 years later.

Happy Birthday to your little guy! He's adorable and you threw such a cute party!

Thank you!!!!

They just aren't built the same as us. It's super frustrating at times! I'm sure heading the the most magical place on earth helped you forget about all that :lovestruc

AINT THAT THE TRUTH! I know, I know. There's beauty in our differences... except in moments like that :rotfl2:

She wants to apply for Fall 2019 so she would need to start the process in early 2019.

It is my PERSONAL MISSION to make sure she does this. Not just for the discount for us, but because she will regret it SO MUCH if she has to opportunity and doesn't take it. As her big sister, I WILL NOT let that happen.

ham and cheese. mayo on the side.

Ah! Healthier (?) and no peanut allergy worries.

Thank you, I do love them. But probably because I just love that little boy.

:goodvibes

:crazy2:... how I feel about Disney in the summer.

Drives you crazy... in a good way, I'm sure.

One of my best friends in college did it. She ended up getting us her discount for our wedding and was able to be there, too.

Nice!!

Anxiety gals unite!! We've been learning over the last few months/years that my panic attacks don't typically manifest so much as stressed/scared, as they do as irritable and irrational. My hubby is learning to spot the signs and react accordingly. But I've SO been there. And I can imagine how much trickier it would be managing it all while getting ready for baby's first Disney trip.

Speaking of baby, Happy Birthday to JP! He's so precious! I can't believe all the adorable little Disney details you put together for his big day. So sweet!

Anxiety gals unite!! We've been learning over the last few months/years that my panic attacks don't typically manifest so much as stressed/scared, as they do as irritable and irrational. My hubby is learning to spot the signs and react accordingly. But I've SO been there. And I can imagine how much trickier it would be managing it all while getting ready for baby's first Disney trip.

yeah it was ugly, LOL. It's funny now.... was NOT funny then. I've gotten better. I know my limits. But sometimes, you know, life. And life pushes my lmits whether I want to or not. For example... we are trying to put our house on the market and sell it THIS SUMMER! LIKE IN THE NEXT 90 DAYS! And it is a hotttt messssss. Just thinking of it overwhelms me. Luckily, we've got a great support team here in town and helping hands. Because it can feel so isolating sometimes when you've got this giant thing to get done and no help.

Speaking of baby, Happy Birthday to JP! He's so precious! I can't believe all the adorable little Disney details you put together for his big day. So sweet!

Thank you! He is my handsome little man and his party was totally for me, LOL

LET THE MAGIC BEGIN!
-TRAVEL DAY-

“FINALLLLYYYYY,” I’m sure you’re thinking.

Our day starts in lil ole Baton Rouge. Mom at her house, me/ Jim/ and the kids at our house (we live 4.8 miles apart). It was dark outside. The birds were beginning to chirp and there was still dew on the grass.

I can’t really vouch for any of those scene setters, I just remember it was EARLY! Got everyone up, dressed, bags packed and ready to be weighed and loaded into the car! And did it ALL while my husband still refused to talk to me. Oh, and Gia started her morning out crying. She has those moments she likes to “yeah, but” us, and it didn’t end well for her. She wanted to move the glasses cloth from my bag to hers. I told her no, that we knew where it was, we all use it, and we are keeping it in my bag, end of story. Insert: “yeah, but”. What part of end of story was misheard? Jimmy backed me up and she was boo-hooing before we even got the bags in the car. There were a lot of moments like this throughout the trip. Her testing our limits and us having to say no and wait her out on how long it took her to get over it. It’s always worse when she’s tired. Everyone I live with has a strong response to feeling tired and/or hangry, myself included. Gets ugly pretty quick. :badpc:

We had planned to leave the house around 6am. Mom and Dad showed up about 5:45 and we had the production line moving.

Weigh Bag. Load Bag. Weigh Bag. Load Bag. Weigh Bag. Load Bag.

None of our bags even came close to the weight limits, except Mom’s. But she handled that before she even got to my house. Now the REASON none of the bags met the limit is because we had SO MANY to disperse the weight throughout. We used ALL ALLOTTED SPACE that Southwest Airline would allow. **Shoutout to SW Airlines for being SO family friendly, and basically BOSS when it comes to travelling**

Also note that BOTH of my parents showed up to my house early that morning, but my Dad was not going on this trip. We had SO MUCH LUGGAGE and PEOPLE and THINGS, that we had to drive my car (Nissan Murano) and Dad’s truck (Nissan Frontier) to New Orleans to get it all to the Airport.

ALL WHILE MY HUSBAND STILL WON’T TALK TO ME (yet). But I will say all my stress and planning and lists and stress and planning and more lists really made travelling quite easy. It was like we woke up, got dressed, and went to Disney. Felt like smooth sailing from the time we woke up. Minus the part about my husband still not talking to me.

We hit the road before 6:15. Our first flight would be leaving at 9:10am out of New Orleans (takes about 50 minutes to get there from my house). Our parking reservation at the park-n-fly was for 7am.

Well, we did it. We made it to the airport in one piece. Dad helped us unload both cars at the SW curbside ticket counter and Jimmy went to park the car while we took the luggage to get checked.

Recap: Dad headed back to BR to get to work. Jimmy went to park the car and take the bus thing back to the airport. Mom, Gia, myself, and JP had all the luggage in line to check in.

Not enough hands. This is where we met our NEW BEST FRIEND… THE LUGGAGE CART. Best $5 we spent on the entire trip.

LNN6kMBLa9CRNPuQWkR905D5AfdsiCi471p27XNU3o7q6R6k0mbkLOPvsu_zjIBC_HCC6KqO8ok-dlRux4xnbxpVTtRvd1XqlQR4-tT-d9y-UBGnY6pPkwfZiO4Bs37haXzxQThO

_zkNgaEN-OTP3YkPGFi_6FREIxSyf7Qu8UqWxpFa3OvQCv10ivKgBkPu5Zmll6sYjMODBjmbcr5BNHf4SuBXFrs6wuL_7JExO-e-a9SwPzF00aaGj7W230g7tTsJGcWi2cYNBNzk

WinHu_84DKpRLiMGXHrjwIVPMmWMPEP4GK4AnLJmnph3EZOh1HkGrq9XbQzMw-IgAzipFmXvkc11MJ1FjdpoUA-7OSCHqTrVLhiwnn_BiOM5LrUuf7bt9Y23kIibWXP8PPj5Khfm

It took a little while, but Jimmy made it back to us right as we got to the front of the line. I had to have JP’s birth certificate to prove his age. They added him to my ticket and reprinted all of our boarding passes, checked all of our bags, and put us on our way inside to the concourse! Of course, while in line JP had to take his morning dump. While he was strapped to me in the carrier. So he had to be changed. Luckily, I didn't have to be changed too. Though, I would've been prepared if need-be.

Then security. Apparently I made Gia cry again. I really didn’t mean to, but she was ultra sensitive. Tired, I guess. We had to take our shoes off, and I made a joke to the security guard about how lucky she was that Gia had socks on today or it would be pretty stinky. I guess that embarrassed her 8-year-old self. Her 7-year-old self totally would’ve laughed or made a joke back. To be honest, my entire household (even my 1 year old) has stinky feet. Is what it is. So Jimmy took her and they set off to find food and Mom and I kept the baby with us while security checked every formula bottle or baby food pouch I had with me. Wasn’t quick, but I get it. Not complaining.

We had originally planned to eat on the concourse, but things took a little longer than I anticipated. Thank God (and my Mom instincts) for snacks! JP was just on the cusp of eating more solids, so I had any and everything he could possibly want so we wouldn’t have to worry about finding something he could eat. I don’t remember what all we had, but I know we did a grab and go in the concourse and got ready to load the plane.

3siOUqZ8oq11NbzftKPLEwZPopdtCD2yXAsIIdEkeBzUMb4opWVDz2TJhvXzoUm911K9CWn-h3-XBSiA5b39-WFqYIOWAYfoB0XXzsKGyL9JNTUv9MdSMKis7YFPqKYHi_bbUOjk

He fits.. he ships. Guess we will bring him with us.

I went ahead and paid for early bird boarding so I didn’t need to think about checking us in and we would have a better chance of sitting together. I also didn’t know about family boarding, nor did we know how to check the stroller at the gate. That was a mini-fiasco. But basically, Jimmy had to have it tagged at the gate check-in (not the baording area in case you’re wondering). And then they pushed me through with the baby. So I ended up doing family boarding thinking it was mother/baby boarding. Poor Jim and G got left behind. I’m sure he didn’t mind, he was still holding a grudge against me for “ruining our vacation” as he so dramatically put it. See, we are all a little “extra” in my house. But I boarded VERY early and made sure to find us a spot we would all be together. Since the seats are all 3 across, we were looking for 2 rows, one behind the other, with two open seats in each. And that’s what we found! There was a nice man, not much older than me. Looked like he was travelling for work and he immediately took out his headphones and said he had a little one, too, and asked if I needed help with anything. I was absolutely astounded by his kindness, so quickly. But I told him my husband and Mom were both boarding soon.

Even though I did family boarding (without my family, whoops). G and Jim weren’t far behind, and mom wasn’t far behind that. So first flight, we were good. Mom and I sat together so she could help me with JP and Jimm with Gia so he could keep her entertained. They watched movies on the portable dvd player.

o7dKTPVemdWOxsC31HE8AvoPIHJJbA0CmCk7VJHBkLKGTo81FozoB8jcCISlTKjnGSKd3OL8bUKjE2_qj8jvZNgddHFiHmCvFJdWX5gmFsogRSKIZ2ruymRdXcNMw5zjaGadYmS4

FBhIpDFyt7F7eRBfwMLWxtz2lzqADjs1Yh0A2pr67tcgIw1JL-quX2cwWqb4XrFtiSvyKbgS9QH363YulO88Kouzw6dI6KpRCtFU7vjLzK9R1BR750ulkaE9UH1B4dcKyKmr_KMX

dGsR41rEfZBv4vQSST9Jdb53QsgLU6QeAGpbuYbjBAzpfGlwtbUYN5mDZUBIwnDzi3ipni2oLjUbt9q3nnPpYWkaV5tJ7HnKghHgjGGwBDqRK9F8Z0NMQ_85RYDxt2f87MBM56MI

The flight was good. JP was great, just charming everyone, being cute, had no troubles with his ears, didn’t care about snacks or anything. Really, he was just fascinated with it all. His favorite thing were the lights and buttons and air control above our seats. Then towards the end (of an already short) of the flight, he got antsy… read: tired…. And i let him play in the aisle for a while. Then he ended up passing out AS WE ARE LANDING.

Aln1VLjrm9mD8LfWnnFM7HdLQCqS3nHVns5SRrUPAp-FUbbIRu7HifrVLJlkqwSkmUok2nJReDHwYgfil01Vz49LPbmpM_TyZ4otnVNRZSgAhBjH6gECM6gqURly6_tUcGnApDrK

(playing in the aisle. Did you know what great chew toys the magic bands make?!)

By the way… small interjection but this was the LEFTOVER band after I put one of his in a magic band buddy I ordered off of Etsy. Here’s our super cute magic bands I forgot to show you!

ZkRuZjASl2cA1y7qC_AmDPRZFtWtnQ4aBFq4dbAZzxBuDI00WT2WQAw-fldjBExfV9lwkTx4WJQrQlDuT-GHWY7d3iY15g6hW1WotVj8rm8RmK4Zmll0mEqatEUi6CyfeQ41hiFt

We landed in Atlanta and it was LUNCH TIME! We had to switch planes, so we didn’t have the stroller, but JP ended up waking up. We took turns laying in at our gate and going to get food. Mom got Jersey Mikes (which i’m sure she took pictures of for you). We got Gia some food and a few things we could share with JP. Then Mom watched both kids and Jimmy and I decided to grab food together. We ended up in line for a sandwich place I don’t remember the name. We even sat down together to eat it. This was basically our only date. But we decided to make up, move on, and have the best vacation ever. I’m pretty sure he only reached out to me because my shirt and sports bra were just low-cut enough to get his attention. Sorry, Mom. It wasn’t my intention, but whatever works.

(continued in next post)

LET THE MAGIC BEGIN!
-TRAVEL DAY-

..Continued

Once we ate and all was right in the world, we got in a little bit of play time and nap time before having to board again. Another easy boarding. This time we just all stuck together as much as we could. We decided to do the same seat set-up, but across from each other instead of next to each other, so we could see one another. Mo spoiled JP by letting him “fly” up to the buttons above our seats. So that lasted until takeoff. I gave him a bottle then, and he ended up passing out and staying asleep the rest of the flight! Jimmy slept most of the flight while Gia finished up Aladdin. It had already been a long day but we were READY TO BE IN DISNEY!!!!

Pictures from the second flight…

IGpZx9kE_fEHMYxgrRGLbUHX2Zu9Anqc4GZI7BqlsZpOZbueZ_upXIjygH0dMc-H2mo2f8nyY7sNTmnRLRZ5L1lq4J8w-IeXAWk3Gha4LRHTNauITFO9rdffmEHeuTwRcy8VeguO

If you don't have an Ariel emoji pillow and your mermaid tail blanket, then are you REALLY even travelling to Disney!?

JUmPRjRm_jJ8QdZi1qIOmswBVlJTD7hZDIh0XYIq2Zig6WkKq5OxKDrXF9DHXbkaG44W4mo6s6hdz6P6suU7vlhadMD8GCreGhaBFLX9bj_WxfHMXk7h91wuDrolLYkokk44DjM0

PuqDcsriBbpXMmsIvl7B7ZIjItMX99srIUVKgWNwbIVrChNMqM-DQTklvy5iZLUaW2-1Q-tHJ8G0Nt3GGxC7hDxeHHStLiGK6FDMA8tLowLKSWzO4aZOHEZZ72-6ULfmD0zc8HwM

4l9w_FK4HVkAE6Z6yDa9jOTrGmwbIXhxZJd5p_b0tBzcMQ0ZPLK6kGRz6nxjALf5-pRYLILJXdokO_11zGpxikhf5U2LqlDulUGM_2LWXWntqiQLcohwtQAwJHSD13CO0GPI6dxu

RbT_bxWkj0oTW0j0bGMW_Uf-1pLjVB1TrjiTqR6Sa_FWj5ynDgvAjplhngo-zGqCYqz_nCSExe1yawYGU-KaLOBM6iku06FwR0a_UogUiVIqUrmjbN8udG85ImeCKmEuFZq05G44

JP woke up while we were waiting to get off the plane. Perfect timing! The stroller was waiting for us when we got off the plane. Also perfect. What looked like our baby carrier was on the ground near it. I knew I had it in the bottom, but we asked the other baby people if it was theirs. It wasn’t. So basically, I COULD HAVE ACCIDENTALLY LOST IT and our trip would’ve been so different. Seriously. Bringing a baby? BRING A CARRIER!

ZQq0S3XNDpFx_nlfY6fnFBPv58-j_b_uYXbRc64JdknIaW7k79hk88nv9yDQiQ97MVo0LdsbXn3QVBWH6M4uLRFpRW3ccrsZdQM1zW3GPTr3oNB92GwCgzLRGNvOwGOysIQmmtt0

Hello there, baby boy. Glad you got in a good nap!

Either way. One of the “teasers” of Disney, as I like to think of it, is the fake monorail at the airport. It’s enough to get you excited, but it’s obviously not Disney.

XDXvGjoOP6D5CLk7_-QkekWtv8vF4i9qkSXA3U0OFNhv5pT6bJ1WbqbY9ydsfxoa8BicUwbogBqISiKhy22T23wiJxHpHX8X6l3zVCW4OEZiJOR2qazov5ZLUGDS9GItAHHvUY0f

D6tGHE8c-qnlgR5isJHOWG7i0QwBU_KraPJb4RCgwzjkXkFEvBGGRIf1ugVN_OtLQy2VGvqblf-JMrXxv3ta8XJY29Q98vAcUCdYShHpfDKhy4jZqrNB2zktd55rv9fY5aww0MlQ

X8TqsOl4nRFeQ1P1s98IO-83zF2J7l75dR2HtejjJUF-Sw_APyije0L1DrAvPVxGPROmFnHODcCUas_1_mpDE7QsSd_vWSzWjy3KIb9OYI9tdnxjkFAyRPPbKdmtX3SwosvsVI8j

Fascinating, right, JP?

It was time for potty breaks and to head to get our luggage! I wanted to get our luggage before we got on the magical express. It was about 3pm Disney time and I didn’t want to risk all of our stuff taking a while to get to our room. Definitely not with a baby! But let me emphasize again that WE WERE SO EXCITED TO BE IN DISNEY, well, Orlando! And we are BIG shoppers. So of course we had to stop in the gift shop.

My husband travels for work a lot and one of the places he goes is Orlando. For whatever reason he feels obligated to always bring something home. But it’s always something from the airport. So it was fun to pass the stands and see things he’s brought home already LOL. Also, this trip, my in laws got each of us a $100 disney gift card for shopping for Christmas. So Gia had money to blow. I was saving mine for expenses, like tips and extras, and drinking! I actually specifically telling my MIL when she asked for Christmas gift ideas “we will be on vacation, not driving, and with Gia’s other side of her family. Give us gift cards for alcohol!” LOL So we shopped, but we didn’t miss a photo op to say WE MADE IT!!!!!! (in our Disney Family shirts, non-the-less)

UHAde9uXvyCZvbJ7xCrImeX9N2Cg_RloRJ8mDYTus9mGsV-XJgZXGwq9HmoF2Q868kuRF3dComWRTD_cS8z3s41RYmBAawMHjY7688DOU8WYzUekLnLHRNoKO3odBYjcfZrVKRWt

Our day starts in lil ole Baton Rouge.

I'd like to go there some day. Heard of it.

It was dark outside.

No, no, no.
That's "It was a dark and stormy night..."

I can’t really vouch for any of those scene setters

And did it ALL while my husband still refused to talk to me.

:rolleyes2

Her testing our limits and us having to say no and wait her out on how long it took her to get over it.

Parenthood.

nuff said.

Everyone I live with has a strong response to feeling tired and/or hangry, myself included. Gets ugly pretty quick. :badpc:

:eek:

So... visit Baton Rouge but avoid a certain household. Check.

Our first flight would be leaving at 9:10am out of New Orleans

Another place I'd like to see. Probably will next winter.

THE LUGGAGE CART. Best $5 we spent on the entire trip.

Still highway robbery.

Someone looks a little... perturbed.

So does JP.

:rolleyes1

Of course, while in line JP had to take his morning dump. While he was strapped to me in the carrier.

:lmao: Of course!

Though, I would've been prepared if need-be.

Only a parent comes prepared for someone to crap all over them.

Apparently I made Gia cry again.

<sigh> Of course you did. It happens. :hug:

:laughing:

he was still holding a grudge against me for “ruining our vacation” as he so dramatically put it.

:sad2:

This too shall pass.. and I see it did.

There was a nice man, not much older than me. Looked like he was travelling for work and he immediately took out his headphones and said he had a little one, too, and asked if I needed help with anything. I was absolutely astounded by his kindness, so quickly.

Wow! That's really impressive... and nice!

Did you know what great chew toys the magic bands make?!)

Nope. But I know now for future reference.

I’m pretty sure he only reached out to me because my shirt and sports bra were just low-cut enough to get his attention. Sorry, Mom. It wasn’t my intention, but whatever works.

Smileycoffeespit_zps78mxykvg.gif

It’s always worse when she’s tired.

Ugh. My 5 year old daugther, Brynn, is a hot mess when she's tired. I can't even talk to her at all because it just makes it worse. She's pretty emotional when she's not tired but at least then if she loses it, she recovers then apologizes. When she's tired, she just continues to lose it. Okay now I'm rethinking our 6:30 am flight in November. lol I told my husband that it could be rough.

I’m pretty sure he only reached out to me because my shirt and sports bra were just low-cut enough to get his attention. Sorry, Mom. It wasn’t my intention, but whatever works.

Haha, yes whatever works!

We haven't done a flight with a layover with the kids yet. I had one booked but a nonstop opened up with a lower price so I switched to that. It sounds like your's went smoothly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!