Blizzard Beach Questions

My husband to this day laughs/jokes about his childhood trip to Typhoon Lagoon in October of '96. They showed up 90 MINUTES before park opening and they have video of them in the parking lot with ZERO cars. My husband said people started showing up about 10 minutes prior to opening and even then it was a trickle. I guess one way it paid off for them though is they were "Family of the Day" and got some special seating or something. I don't even know if they do that anymore.

Needless to say, after this childhood "trauma" we very rarely (if ever) do rope drops because DH is adamantly against it (he made an exception for our upcoming trip to catch FOP). LOL

When we were Family of the Day at Blizzard Beach, we opened the park by going down Summit Plummet while the rope drop crowd was held at an internal rope. We also got the use of the Captain's Shack for the day, free locker and towels. My kids also received a souvenir medal.

Waterparks also have Celebration TATTOOS so you don't have to wear your button and risk it tearing your swimsuit or losing it :)

I vaguely remember my son digging in a patch of sand at one of the water parks last year. Does one of the water parks have a sand area to play in and can you bring in a bucket and shovel?

Also, can you bring in outside food? I don’t remember because we ate in the park last time, but this is a budget trip. Thanks!

My only add is to arrive 30 minutes before opening. Then you can enter the park as they do bag check at the turnstiles and be partway in when it opens. We do this for both. We rode every slide at least once and were in the lazy river 45 minutes after opening. We tend to head out 90 minutes after opening as it gets really crowded then and we are usually ready for lunch and to get out of the sun.
We've never had our bags checked at a water park...last time was just last week...when do you usually go?
We usually try to arrive 15 mins early and generally have any pick of a shaded spot.

I vaguely remember my son digging in a patch of sand at one of the water parks last year. Does one of the water parks have a sand area to play in and can you bring in a bucket and shovel?

Also, can you bring in outside food? I don’t remember because we ate in the park last time, but this is a budget trip. Thanks!
Yes and yes, both have lots of Sandy areas and you can bring sand toys and you can bring your own food in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter