Blizzard Beach vs Typhoon Lagoon... for Lazy River

Deadp00l

Mouseketeer
So I have an upcoming trip where I will be attending the four parks in addition to the two water parks.

Which of the two water parks have a better lazy river? Obviously the Blizzard Beach has a longer river but is it better because of that alone? Even though Typhoon Lagoon has a shorter river, would it be better due to other things such as “scenery” or some sort of waterfall/tunnel? I have absolutely no idea what their Lazy River is like and I don’t want to look at pictures/videos online because that will ruin the surprise lol.

We’re a huge fan of Lazy Rivers; don’t care too much about big slides and wave pools. I’m just trying to save the better one for later haha.

So what do you guys think?

Honestly, I rate them about the same. I've never measured them, so not sure if BB is actually longer or not...in thinking about it, it may be longer, but the one at TL definitely isn't short. It takes some time to get around. The TL lazy river has a waterfall where you will definitely get pretty wet (unless you navigate in the small spaces between water falling). It's right at the start of a short tunnel. Otherwise, I don't find it a lot different than BBs other than the obvious theme difference. Both move at about the same rate, both take a while to get around, both will get you wet in spots. I think one is 6" deeper than the other, but I forget which is which.

We were just there at the beginning of the month and went to both water parks for a couple of hours each. We (5 adults) all agreed we liked the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon best. It is the deeper one of the two which made it much more relaxing if you just want to hang off of a tube, rather than sitting on it. At Blizzard Beach you ran the risk of scraping your feet and knees on the bottom while trying to float along. It was nice to go to both, but I really preferred TL.

We prefer Blizzard Beach, something about the theming, water drips and sprays, etc.

That said, there is no wrong choice.

I put the TL lazy river ahead of the BB lazy river simply due to the freezing water that falls on you in some of the caves.As far as the park as a whole I also prefer TL,I prefer the lush landscaping and also feel it has a better layout of the attractions.

Honestly, I rate them about the same. I've never measured them, so not sure if BB is actually longer or not...in thinking about it, it may be longer, but the one at TL definitely isn't short. It takes some time to get around. The TL lazy river has a waterfall where you will definitely get pretty wet (unless you navigate in the small spaces between water falling). It's right at the start of a short tunnel. Otherwise, I don't find it a lot different than BBs other than the obvious theme difference. Both move at about the same rate, both take a while to get around, both will get you wet in spots. I think one is 6" deeper than the other, but I forget which is which.

Interesting... I was basing the length of the Lazy River on the Disney Park Maps and it looked like BB's river was much longer.

They are pretty equal imo. Both are fun and neatly themed.

That's good to know... can't be disappointed either way!

Personally, I like BB because of the melting snow drip. Overall, I like TL better as a park.

Melting snow drips sounds interesting... no idea what that is but I won't find out until I get to the park :D

We are TL fans, like the tropical get away atmosphere, I get enough snow in the winter, I don't need to see more.

I see... Living in SoCal, I'd love a visit to a snowy place; living in one is a nightmare from what I hear so I don't blame you one bit haha.

We were just there at the beginning of the month and went to both water parks for a couple of hours each. We (5 adults) all agreed we liked the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon best. It is the deeper one of the two which made it much more relaxing if you just want to hang off of a tube, rather than sitting on it. At Blizzard Beach you ran the risk of scraping your feet and knees on the bottom while trying to float along. It was nice to go to both, but I really preferred TL.

Very VERY good point. I totally forgot about depth and didn't know that there was a difference between the two. Especially important for hanging off the tube (which we will also do) as you said. THANKS!

We prefer TL. All that bright white hurts my head after a while.

That bright huh? Probably need to get a pair of sunglasses FOR my sunglasses LOL

TL lazy river is better bc of the tropical foilage. Just nicer scenery.

That's what I like to hear. Thanks for the info!

We prefer Blizzard Beach, something about the theming, water drips and sprays, etc.

That said, there is no wrong choice.

What are these drips that I keep hearing about?! Wait, don't tell me; it'll be a surprise once I get there!

I liked BB better because of the family raft ride - Teamboat Springs. Otherwise, we enjoy both the same.

Teamboat Springs? I purposely did not do a single research on the water park rides but I do love anything with "raft" in it. I'll be on a lookout for this one. Thanks!

Yep. Much better. The tunnels splash you more at BB.

More tunnel splash at BB? Now I am just going back and forth between the two! So glad I get to experience both :D

I put the TL lazy river ahead of the BB lazy river simply due to the freezing water that falls on you in some of the caves.As far as the park as a whole I also prefer TL,I prefer the lush landscaping and also feel it has a better layout of the attractions.

I do like a lush landscape with water in contrast to snow-theme and water. But I don't get to experience "snow" too often so it'll be interesting to see.

Thanks everyone for your big help, much appreciated!!!

I like TL lazy river - but I like the tropical look better than snow look. My 7 year old can touch in the lazy river so he can stand or walk when getting on tubes. I didn't realize BB is different - is it deeper?

Typhoon Lagoon is my favorite water park of the two. That being said, Blizzard Beach has the better lazy river IMO it's just very well themed :)

Typhoon Lagoon’s lazy river is great. I enjoyed it way way way more than I expected to. I thought Blizzard Beach’s was shallower, which I didn’t like.

Both water parks are a blast but I prefer Typhoon Lagoon :)

TL was my preferred water park of the two overall but I didn’t find the lazy rivers relaxing - too many kids trying to splash everyone!

The lazy river at BB is longer at 3000 ft compared with TL's 2100 ft.

I like the caves better at BB, but the overall theming and water depth (aafair bit deeper) at TL. Really, they are both great though. I would say that BB perhaps has a little bit more of a unique aspect to it though. Whenever we go, we spend a couple days at each water park and we decide morning of which one we are going to. The decision is mostly based on how hot it is that day compared with the forecast for the next day we will be at a water park. We like to go on the hotter days to BB as the icy theming helps to make you feel not quite so hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!