BLT 2-bedroom 10 months out

Mid-Oct is an extremely popular time with owners because of Columbus Day holiday, Food & Wine, Mickey's Halloween parties. I booked my mid-October nights at my home resort as soon as I was able to do it. If I were you, I'd plan different dates or different location or pay Disney directly.

Polynesian villas are close to selling out or are already sold out. That means all the owners who bought enough points to book those studios are booking those studios. That also means that the points that represent the bungalows are waiting to be used.

Thank you, that's kind of what I was thinking. This will be our 3rd visit in mid-October and it has gotten busier each time!

Thank you, that's kind of what I was thinking. This will be our 3rd visit in mid-October and it has gotten busier each time!

I'd get on David's website and get a chat going. See if they have owners with points available RIGHT NOW for that time. You might get only SSR, but if the point rental savings is worth it, you'd know and can book. Otherwise, make a cash reservation near the park and then cancel it if the DVC rental comes through. Some resort owners report it takes weeks to rent out their points through David - they are the ones that own at the less in demand to rent resorts (usually the ones that aren't near a park).

The point that is being made - that owners of newer resorts tend to use their points - is really true. The Poly was expensive to buy into - and the price you get for a point rental really doesn't make it worth while to do so unless you have some sort of family emergency and won't be using your points this year and have to rent them out. Where someone who bought SSR resale during the recession actually turns a profit on a rental. You can gather that the likely pool of Poly owners looking to rent out their points is rather small.

We already have a reservation at POFQ for the week, but were trying to get a villa for half of the week and do a split stay. Polynesian did just sell out, so now David's is checking on BLT. I'm bummed about no pull down twin bed, but I think it will still be worth it.

2BR villas at BLT have a sleeper chair in the living room (so the LR can sleep 3) even though there's no pull down twin bed.

Have you considered the rent/trade board here? It is not without its risks, but I have used it in the past as a renter, not an owner, and been very happy with it.

We ended up getting a studio villa at BLT, I'm happy with it. We've never stayed there so I think it will be a great experience. We always bring an air mattress when we travel and one of my kids ends up sleeping on that, since apparently sharing a pull-out couch is torturous for 2 boys.

I'm sure you'll love the location. It's a shame you couldn't get the Poly, though, since studios there are among the biggest on property. Unfortunately BLT studios are the smallest. I'm sure you can get an airbed in somehow, but you will be very be cramped. You may want see how others have managed it.

We ended up getting a studio villa at BLT, I'm happy with it. We've never stayed there so I think it will be a great experience. We always bring an air mattress when we travel and one of my kids ends up sleeping on that, since apparently sharing a pull-out couch is torturous for 2 boys.

I'm sure you'll love the location. It's a shame you couldn't get the Poly, though, since studios there are among the biggest on property. Unfortunately BLT studios are the smallest. I'm sure you can get an airbed in somehow, but you will be very be cramped. You may want see how others have managed it.

It's going to be tough getting a twin sized air mattress on the floor of the BLT studio. They are really tight for space unless you can fit it in the kitchenette. That means you can't use the kitchenette while someone is sleeping in there. If you can keep the sleeper sofa up instead of opening it up, you might be able to fit the air mattress alongside the sofa.

How are the rental points availability for Spring Break (Last full week of March)?

I will also assume that these points will be even more limited once SWL opens correct?

How are the rental points availability for Spring Break (Last full week of March)?

I will also assume that these points will be even more limited once SWL opens correct?
It looks like the only thing available right now is SSR one bedroom. But that could change in the next few minutes if it gets booked. Or it might be gone already since this was posted on Feb 5, three days ago.

It looks like the only thing available right now is SSR one bedroom. But that could change in the next few minutes if it gets booked. Or it might be gone already since this was posted on Feb 5, three days ago.

Sorry, I was not speaking for this year, I am just planning for a 2020 trip and just wanted to know how limited the points would be to rent for either a 2Br at BLT MK view or 2Br at AKL (Kidani building) Savannah view.

Sorry, I was not speaking for this year, I am just planning for a 2020 trip and just wanted to know how limited the points would be to rent for either a 2Br at BLT MK view or 2Br at AKL (Kidani building) Savannah view.
You need to try to book those stays at 11 months out. Especially the TBV stay at BLT.

It is impossible to predict how many owners will be looking to rent two years out.

You should have no problem getting a 2BR savanna view at AKV Kidani that time of year in 2020, which is typically a low to moderate DVC demand time, including because those rooms will most likely be open even at 7 months out, when you can rent points from the owners of any resort and reserve there. A 2BR theme park view room at BLT might require finding a BLT owner to reserve but there is a chance it will also be open at 7 months out; note, if instead you are considering a BLT lake view (which I personally consider better than theme park view), your chances of getting it are the same as Kidani since it is highly likely it also will be open at 7 months out. The caveat is that assumes Disney does nothing between now and when you want to reserve to cause a major shift in demand patterns for that time of year, such as significantly lowering the number of points needed for rooms at that time of year, or do something like changing Wine & Dine to the spring break weeks.

It is impossible to predict how many owners will be looking to rent two years out.

Im not...im asking what the past years spring break period for rental points thru DVC has shown to have an idea about what I may expect.

You should have no problem getting a 2BR savanna view at AKV Kidani that time of year in 2020, which is typically a low to moderate DVC demand time, including because those rooms will most likely be open even at 7 months out, when you can rent points from the owners of any resort and reserve there. A 2BR theme park view room at BLT might require finding a BLT owner to reserve but there is a chance it will also be open at 7 months out; note, if instead you are considering a BLT lake view (which I personally consider better than theme park view), your chances of getting it are the same as Kidani since it is highly likely it also will be open at 7 months out. The caveat is that assumes Disney does nothing between now and when you want to reserve to cause a major shift in demand patterns for that time of year, such as significantly lowering the number of points needed for rooms at that time of year, or do something like changing Wine & Dine to the spring break weeks.

Thanks that is some good info.

Im not...im asking what the past years spring break period for rental points thru DVC has shown to have an idea about what I may expect.
You asked how limited the points would be.

Not how limited room availability would be.

Renting is a game of both points available and units available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!