BLT attempt at 11 months... should I have a backup?

It's annoying for sure, but doesn't this scenario you set out, just mean that there are opportunities to book if you attempt to book at a few minutes AFTER 8am, the day AFTER your desired 11 month window opens up? So if you are looking for March 1, you would be out of luck at 8am on April 1, but on April 2, at a few minutes after 8, the walkers would drop their unneeded days, and March 1 would open up for you? I understand this means you have to be on there every day grabbing your desired reservation day by day.

Or maybe I have this wrong. I have never walked and really have no interest in investing the energy into trying to out manoeuvre people who have that kind of energy!!

No, I think you are exactly right. Everyone is in such a rush to grab the "Reservation du jour" that they miss the fact that the previous day's units are reappearing behind them.

It's annoying for sure, but doesn't this scenario you set out, just mean that there are opportunities to book if you attempt to book at a few minutes AFTER 8am, the day AFTER your desired 11 month window opens up? So if you are looking for March 1, you would be out of luck at 8am on April 1, but on April 2, at a few minutes after 8, the walkers would drop their unneeded days, and March 1 would open up for you? I understand this means you have to be on there every day grabbing your desired reservation day by day.

Or maybe I have this wrong. I have never walked and really have no interest in investing the energy into trying to out manoeuvre people who have that kind of energy!!

Yes this!! I just did this for January 2020 Marathon weekend. Needed BWV standard studio and at my 11 months I was unable to grab it. Was able to grab single days a few days later 3 separate days 8th, 9th, and 10th and called to combine them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!