BLT direct buyers...how long did you have to wait?

Are there any deals for cast members that want to buy direct. My DD was not of age at the time we bought our contracts but will be working at Disney starting in January.

Are there any deals for cast members that want to buy direct. My DD was not of age at the time we bought our contracts but will be working at Disney starting in January.

I have no personal experience, but I do not see where it would benefit them to give an employee discount on something that is already selling out 100% of the time.
CCV or Aulani could possibly be different, as they are selling much slower.

What is the cutoff for getting the previous year’s UY points? Did you have to buy before Dec 1?

We did have to buy before December 1st to get 2016's points. So, buying at the very end of your UY means you don't have to pay MF on those points for the current UY.

I've read too much about add-ins and now brain is mush- I need a little help from experts: So, if our wait list for a June UY comes through in 2018 (hoping for sooner than later), we would be allotted 2018 points only or 2017 AND 2018?

I've read too much about add-ins and now brain is mush- I need a little help from experts: So, if our wait list for a June UY comes through in 2018 (hoping for sooner than later), we would be allotted 2018 points only or 2017 AND 2018?

If it came thru prior to June 1st then it would still be in it's 2017 UY and would come with 2017 points. June 1st or later and it will be 2018 points and all going forward.

If it came thru prior to June 1st then it would still be in it's 2017 UY and would come with 2017 points. June 1st or later and it will be 2018 points and all going forward.
Thank you so much! I'm hoping it comes through soon!

I've been on the waitlist for 25 add-on points for about 3 weeks and counting. They said small points usually happen quicker but so far no word. I would have done it sooner but had to wait for my resale close first. Looking like I won't get it done before the price increase at this rate and they said being on the waitlist doesn't lock in the current price so if nothing comes up before the change date you are out of luck.

Also on the wait list for 25-50 BLT points in a February use year... was added Dec 15. Any hope they will come available prior to Feb 1?

Also on the wait list for 25-50 BLT points in a February use year... was added Dec 15. Any hope they will come available prior to Feb 1?

I would still have hope, but not high expectations if I were you. Feb is their biggest UY group, but the time is also getting very close.

Just read your post, There was a CM discount but it comes with restrictions, something like no renting and you have to sell back to Disney.

:earsboy: Bill

I've been on the BLT waitlist for 25 points (Feb UY) since early November. I don't expect them to become available until Feb.

My guide has no idea how long the wait might be. Hoping it will come through in the next couple of months as I want the points for next December. If you bought direct recently, how long did you have to wait?

I called yesterday morning and was told it might be a few weeks for 25 points at SSR with September UY and I had to go on a wait list. They called me back at 6pm (same day) and said I was bumped to the top of the list because everyone else was looking for more points. I paid right there and have points in my account today.

I've been on the BLT waitlist for 25 points (Feb UY) since early November. I don't expect them to become available until Feb.
Thanks for the heads up... guess I won't get my hopes up :)

Good luck on them coming through before the price increase and end of the month!

Anyone tried to buy an Oct UY this month? I really shouldn't buy any more direct points, but I NEVER see small BLT contracts with an Oct UY via resale. Apparently, only 5% of BLT contracts have an Oct UY.

Anyone tried to buy an Oct UY this month? I really shouldn't buy any more direct points, but I NEVER see small BLT contracts with an Oct UY via resale. Apparently, only 5% of BLT contracts have an Oct UY.

I called last week trying to buy 50-75 points direct for BLT for Oct, Dec, or Feb UY. My sales guide said the list for October was very long, so I had her put me on the wait list for Dec and Feb. I'll probably call and ask for an update before the prices go up next week.

Any updates? Has anybody heard anything on their BLT waitlist requests?

I find it odd that with so many people on the wait list for so many different resorts, why doesn't Disney exercise ROFR more often. It's easy money for them.

I had to wait a month for mine.

I find it odd that with so many people on the wait list for so many different resorts, why doesn't Disney exercise ROFR more often. It's easy money for them.

I had to wait a month for mine.

They have to ROFR a full contract. Stripped ones do not allow them to resell for another year or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!