BLT Re-sale

Thomas Brown

Earning My Ears
Okay so this is my first (prob of many) posts about DVC. My family and I recently stared exploring the DVC club and how it would be beneficial to our family. Our kids are 5 and 6 so BLT was appealing due to the location, and the access to the monorail. Found out from a guide that I cannot currently get BLT direct through Disney. Is there a certain re-sale location that is recommended. Of course when I search a lot come up, but I didn't know if some were more reputable than others. Thank you in advance!

Here are some of the DVC resale brokers often mentioned on the DIS:

The Timeshare Store
http://www.dvc-resales.com
Fidelity Resales - http://fidelityresales.com/
DVC by Resale - http://www.dvcbyresale.com/
Selling Timeshares - http://www.sellingtimeshares.net
DVC Resale Market - http://www.dvcresalemarket.com/

I have bought one contract through the TimeShare Store excellent service.

I am currently in ROFR for another contract that I have purchased through DVC Resale Market and they have been outstanding and quick to respond.

Good luck and be sure to read plenty from these boards to learn more about DVC. This forum is a great resource.

Last edited:
Before looking at any listings, take your time and learn about the DVC, how it works, the rules and policies, the good, the bad, and the ugly, the different resorts, the true cost, and if it makes financial sense for you to purchase.

:earsboy: Bill

Found out from a guide that I cannot currently get BLT direct through Disney.

That guide lied, by the way. While resale will generally be a better financial option for a resort like BLT, the guide was lying to you to try to sell the resort he/she currently is incentivized to sell.

I would be very cautious about anything else that guide told you.

That guide lied, by the way. While resale will generally be a better financial option for a resort like BLT, the guide was lying to you to try to sell the resort he/she currently is incentivized to sell.

There are wasitlists for BLT and have been for quite awhile. Its very likely they didn't have any BLT points. And of course that will save the OP some money anyway by going resale.

I disagree - Guides are not lying when they tell you they have no inventory on sold out properties...

While the kids are really young (ages 2-6), Magic Kingdom is the ideal Park. However, as they get older the other parks will have more appeal.

Just think about the long term preference for the kids. BLT may be perfect for the next few years, then you might wish you were at Poly or an epcot resort.

We have BLT and BWV, and prefer BWV with a 5 and 8yr old...

I disagree - Guides are not lying when they tell you they have no inventory on sold out properties...

We really don't know if they are lying or not. All we know is that there are reports of inconsistency between the guides. We don't know what the reason is, could be several different reasons. They are in the business of selling, only selling, and maybe some of them don't like to take the time to process small contracts that doesn't pay them as much as selling larger contracts.

We really don't know if they are lying or not. All we know is that there are reports of inconsistency between the guides. We don't know what the reason is, could be several different reasons. They are in the business of selling, only selling, and maybe some of them don't like to take the time to process small contracts that doesn't pay them as much as selling larger contracts.

There’s no reason for mine to lie to me after 8 contracts - she knows what I’ll buy and not buy - i called in April - looking for June BLT or Oct BRV or OKW etc...I had to wait for my use year to be up in June before there were any June BLT points available...June 2 she called me with my 67 point contract...by June 4th - all June BLT points were sold. I’m waiting for Oct for more Oct BRV points - which she may or may not have...

There’s no reason for mine to lie to me after 8 contracts - she knows what I’ll buy and not buy - i called in April - looking for June BLT or Oct BRV or OKW etc...I had to wait for my use year to be up in June before there were any June BLT points available...June 2 she called me with my 67 point contract...by June 4th - all June BLT points were sold. I’m waiting for Oct for more Oct BRV points - which she may or may not have...

That's your guide and your experience with her. Others may be different.

Possibly, we really don't know how it was worded/phrased.

I'd point out that they are in the business of selling timeshares, not making sure it's right for the buyer. Unfortunately the days of long term mutually beneficial relationships in sales are largely gone. I had a Marriott salesperson touting his personal and hands on service just last month, I've seen it many times before and often they're not even with the company in 2-3 years. Even the honorable timeshare companies have their fair share of questionable salespeople and the includes DVC.

We own at BLT and love it! We bought all of our points resale, one set from the timeshare store and more recently from fidelity. Both were fine, I prefer the timeshare store for slightly better communication but it’s really the contract and price that matter the most.

I would ask for a new guide.

Found out from a guide that I cannot currently get BLT direct through Disney.

That's a lie. They might not have points in your use year in stock for immediate sale. But are able to waitlist you.

My guess is the guides have performance indicators that they have to hit for Aulani/CCV sales, but sold-out resorts do not count towards the quota. So they're unwilling to do the work. It's time to get a new, smarter guide who is happy to go to the trouble for you to build a relationship for future sales.

Thank you all for the feedback. I am calling Friday to discuss options with a guide. I may look at the other resorts also like mentioned above for looking at the long term when the kids get older. Any other recommendations?

Thank you all for the feedback. I am calling Friday to discuss options with a guide. I may look at the other resorts also like mentioned above for looking at the long term when the kids get older. Any other recommendations?
IMO you should investigate enough that you KNOW what you want/need to do before calling. Likely then you won't need to call at all unless you decide retail is the best option for you, it is only for a very few.

Have you stayed at BLT or any other DVC resort? If not, I suggest you narrow down your choices of report to 2 or 3, and then rent a couple of days in each to see how much you like the various locations.

My wife and I narrowed it down to three, dropped it to two after seeing which Poly longhouses were converted to DVC, and then stayed at BCV and BLT for a week each. After doing so, we decided BLT was our choice for home resort. While we liked BCV a lot, the draw of the MK for the two of us (who visited WDW in 1973/1974 as children) was irresistible. We then started looking for the ideal resale, which took us several months to appear, and then did a small direct add on. The add on took about a month to appear.

Here is another example of why it's important to stay at the resorts prior to buying. Bought BCV resale years ago, loved the resort, now we have found others that we love more. Bought AKV before it opened, great resort, now not our favorite. Bought BLT before it opened, resort is wonderful, just not for us. Our current favorites are BWV, VGF, and CCV cabins. When new to DVC people seem to spend more time in the parks, later we spend more time at the resorts.

Okay so this is my first (prob of many) posts about DVC. My family and I recently stared exploring the DVC club and how it would be beneficial to our family. Our kids are 5 and 6 so BLT was appealing due to the location, and the access to the monorail. Found out from a guide that I cannot currently get BLT direct through Disney. Is there a certain re-sale location that is recommended. Of course when I search a lot come up, but I didn't know if some were more reputable than others. Thank you in advance!
I used both Timeshare store for one contract and DVC resale for the other. Both had smooth transactions and great customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter