BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Love this thread thank you so much for all the hard work! This helped us for our trip this past May and once again is helping us for our trip coming up in November!!!

We’re staying are BLT for the first time in March. We have a TPV 1-bedroom. What room requests would you veteran BLTers make!?

We’re staying are BLT for the first time in March. We have a TPV 1-bedroom. What room requests would you veteran BLTers make!?
It’s a bit like asking, “what’s your favorite color.” What do you value in a room? For a TPV, my only request would be “high floor.” But if you’ll be spending a lot of time at Epcot or other monorail resorts, you might want to request the 5th floor.

The typical request is high floor since it's more magic kingdom view and less parking lot view. Note that the room categories on the chart of this thread are out-of-date (it's still an awesome chart to reference though). When BLT opened in 2009, the third floor was the lowest MK floor, it was changed to the fifth floor and now I believe is the fourth floor. We've had 7426 as a mk view 1 bedroom. I believe touringplans has them categorized fairly accurately at the moment.

Thinking of booking a 2-bedroom in summer 2019 for us and another family. We've done this before at AKL and Aulani where the other family (2 adults, 2 boys age 14/13) use the studio lockoff portion, and my family (me, DH and DD14) use the 1-bedroom portion with us in the master and DD on the pullout couch.

However, I'm worried that the studio will be a bit tight for the other family compared to the situation at AKL and Aulani, and storage for suitcases may be an issue...any recommendations/ideas? We could do a 2-bedroom dedicated but the lock off idea works in that they have their own kitchenette to make coffee, etc in the morning as they are earlier risers than us!

Thinking of booking a 2-bedroom in summer 2019 for us and another family. We've done this before at AKL and Aulani where the other family (2 adults, 2 boys age 14/13) use the studio lockoff portion, and my family (me, DH and DD14) use the 1-bedroom portion with us in the master and DD on the pullout couch.

However, I'm worried that the studio will be a bit tight for the other family compared to the situation at AKL and Aulani, and storage for suitcases may be an issue...any recommendations/ideas? We could do a 2-bedroom dedicated but the lock off idea works in that they have their own kitchenette to make coffee, etc in the morning as they are earlier risers than us!

At BLT I'd do the dedicated. The other plan could be for their suitcases to be stored somewhere in the main living area - if you were in an odd numbered room on the inner part of the "C" there would be plenty of space in the laundry room to do that but I'm sure you could find space somewhere in an even numbered room. As long as they were just essentially sleeping in the studio section it might be ok.

I think they will be fine if they were fine in a studio at AKL, lots of storage options especially if you add in the extra hallway and closets going into the one bedroom section. I think the biggest difference will be the main living area of the studio will feel much smaller but if they are sharing the whole unit and mostly sleeping in the studio room, it likely won't matter much.

We are staying this summer with 6 people and chose the opposite, the dedicated two bedroom, due to having an extra queen bed instead of a double sleeper sofa. For us that was more important than the kitchenette and exterior door to hall. A quiet group can leave without waking anyone since you don't walk through the main living area and a simple breakfast can still be done by moving or bringing a coffeemaker, toaster and some fruit.

Last edited:

We are staying at BLT for our second time in August. The first will have been two years ago by the time we get to the parks this year. I remember last time I was at BLT the water pressure in the shower was painful. Does anyone know if that is still the case? Not complaining, just getting myself mentally prepared!

We are staying at BLT for our second time in August. The first will have been two years ago by the time we get to the parks this year. I remember last time I was at BLT the water pressure in the shower was painful. Does anyone know if that is still the case? Not complaining, just getting myself mentally prepared!

No that was an option that was removed as most guests couldn't figure out that they just had to move the lever back a little to reduce the pressure. So it is just standard shower now.

No that was an option that was removed as most guests couldn't figure out that they just had to move the lever back a little to reduce the pressure. So it is just standard shower now.
Thanks for sharing. I thought I had tried everything to reduce the pressure but it sounds like there was a solution there the entire time. ‍D’oh!

Really? They changed out all the shower heads? We also figured out to just not open the shower valve all the way but we haven't stayed in a studio for awhile and I guess I never asked anyone using the other bathrooms! But nobody had commented so I had forgotten about it. :oops:

Really? They changed out all the shower heads? We also figured out to just not open the shower valve all the way but we haven't stayed in a studio for awhile and I guess I never asked anyone using the other bathrooms! But nobody had commented so I had forgotten about it. :oops:

It was changed with the remodel in 2016. Here are before and after photos. Sorry my before photo doesn't show the shower head very well.

BLT studio orginal shower head.jpg BLT studio shower head post 2016 remodel.jpg
Original BLT studio shower head----------------------------Post 2016 BLT studio shower head

This thread was so helpful to me before my first stay at BLT. I know there's been issues with lost pictures so I thought I'd come post some of mine from October 31, 2017. These were all taken with an iphone6...

Lake View Studio, Room 8206:

lv1.jpg

lv2.jpg

lv3.jpg

lv4.jpg

lv5.jpg

lv6.jpg

lv7.jpg

lv8.jpg

lv9.jpg

lv10.jpg

This was the best room ever, I was sad that we were only in it for one night.

This thread was so helpful to me before my first stay at BLT. I know there's been issues with lost pictures so I thought I'd come post some of mine from October 31, 2017. These were all taken with an iphone6...
This was the best room ever, I was sad that we were only in it for one night.
That is a great idea. That we all start posting photos again. However, there is no one to maintain the front page anymore.

That's too bad. This was my favorite thread at one time.

That is a great idea. That we all start posting photos again. However, there is no one to maintain the front page anymore.

Perhaps start a new thread? While I don't manage the VGF or AKV ones, I do find threads like this one so very helpful. Copy over the links from reviews that do work and leave the old photobucket ones here. Luckily, we didn't lose too many photos in the VGF thread. Good luck. Lots of us really use threads like these to plan our stays.

Photobucket really screwed great resources like this. :headache:

Last edited:
I bought at BLT in November and will get my first chance to stay there the Thursday through Monday before Halloween, in a standard studio. I don't have any preconceived ideas about what to request, which makes whatever room that I am assigned to not that big of a deal. However, I will make a request a couple of months in advance and would like some informed suggestions (in other words, not my own). From what I understand, standard studios are only on the first two floors. The north side is desired for Magic Kingdom views, even the partial views that some standard studios afford. On page one of this thread, it mentions a room, 7218, which has a very good MK view for a studio. However, from reading here, it's not advised to request particular rooms because if it's not available, you could be put in a room outside of what you would prefer. Given my preferences, how should I phrase my request? And, when I call to make my request, are MS cast members allowed to add their opinions? Thanks!

I bought at BLT in November and will get my first chance to stay there the Thursday through Monday before Halloween, in a standard studio. I don't have any preconceived ideas about what to request, which makes whatever room that I am assigned to not that big of a deal. However, I will make a request a couple of months in advance and would like some informed suggestions (in other words, not my own). From what I understand, standard studios are only on the first two floors. The north side is desired for Magic Kingdom views, even the partial views that some standard studios afford. On page one of this thread, it mentions a room, 7218, which has a very good MK view for a studio. However, from reading here, it's not advised to request particular rooms because if it's not available, you could be put in a room outside of what you would prefer. Given my preferences, how should I phrase my request? And, when I call to make my request, are MS cast members allowed to add their opinions? Thanks!

You have a great understanding of BLT views! When we make a request for a 1bd Lake view we request north tower, even number, high floor which gives us a slight lake view to the right and tennis courts to the left (as you stand at the living room window looking out) if you want a MK view, the request I would give would be the same request we do and if you want a strictly lake view try middle tower, odd number, high floor. CM’s have told us making the request the way we do it gives them an idea of where we want. As you have read on this thread asking for a block of room numbers can throw you completely out of the view you want if those specific rooms are not available (we learned that lesson three years ago!). Hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter