Blue Bayou Lunch Question

TikiTikiFan

DIS Veteran
We’ve never eaten at Blue Bayou when we weren’t doing the Fantasmic! package and I had some quick questions if anyone can help me out here:

1. Do they serve bread during lunch too or is that only with the dining package/dinner? My kid is obsessed with that bread.

2. I’ve read on these boards you can get the Monte Cristo without the meat. But I’ve also read that the sandwiches come premade and they just take the meat off. I’ve been a vegetarian for over 15 years and any contact with meat grease, etc. in my food makes me really sick. Any insight into this?

3. I’ve also read you can get an adults version of the Mac and cheese- is this still an option? I’d be happy with that.

We’re already eating at Cafe Orleans so I know I can get the cheese one there. My son had one request and it was to eat at Blue Bayou too which is why we’re doing both!

I can only answer your first question: Yes, they serve bread for lunch... I love it. I ate one all by myself in minutes a couple of days ago...
(Even the waiter noticed and commented on it...:blush:)

Seriously, that bread is amazing. I could probably just get a salad and then eat a basket of bread and be happy!

I was able to get mac and cheese somewhat recently (about 8 months ago). They gave me a double portion at double the price. I think it was $20?

I am curious about your 2nd question regarding the cheese monte cristo. I've seen conflicting reports of it -- and have also heard if they can do it (maybe I read that here?) that they are premade and just take the meat off. I always forget to ask about it, as I usually get the custom veggie pasta or the mac and cheese. If you ask about it when y'all go, can you update us here? Thanks! :-)

Cafe Orleans has a 3-cheese Monte Cristo but I am not sure if it available at Blue Bayou.

Three-Cheese Monte Cristo
Swiss, Mozzarella, and Double Crème Brie fried in a light batter, dusted with Powdered Sugar, and served with a Berry Purée

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!