Blue Bayou thoughts?

I have found with all the restaurants at Disneyland sometimes the service is good, sometimes not so much. When we went in October of last year the service at Cafe Orleans was fine; not great but it also felt like maybe they were understaffed for the crowds that where there. As far as Blue Bayou goes, I try to go every trip. The atmosphere is wonderful (have always had a water side table) and can't be matched anywhere in the park. I always try go to at 4:30pm for dinner just for the surf and turf. The food was fine, but I am not a fan of having to pay separate now for the gumbo starter. The service was fine in October as well. I think everyone should eat here at least once though if they can.

Whatever you do, request a table along the water. It is worth the wait (if there is one). I don't understand why people sit at those tables at the backside of the restaurant next to the bathrooms and bus stations. The ambiance is all about sitting waterside. We've never sat anywhere else, and it really does make a difference.

Whatever you do, request a table along the water. It is worth the wait (if there is one). I don't understand why people sit at those tables at the backside of the restaurant next to the bathrooms and bus stations. The ambiance is all about sitting waterside. We've never sat anywhere else, and it really does make a difference.

Part of it is due to party size. There are very few tables along the water for parties larger than 4 people.

I really enjoyed my visit to Blue Bayou in October. We booked the Fantasmic! Dining package. I love the ambiance and the food. I don't remember much about the service, so I think it was OK. The reserved seating for Fantasmic! is great. I would definitely recommend Blue Bayou!

If the wait for a waterside table is too long can you cancel your reservation then without the penalty?

I don't know about penalties for a late cancellation (as in, day of) but the wait isn't typically too long.
I've never experienced more than a 10 or 15 minute additional wait. For larger parties, even one row in from the waterside is SO much better than back of the room.

This past time we dined there we requested a waterside table for our party of 5 and were told it would be an hour wait. I was prepared to wait, but my kids not so much. So we took what was available- which was the table near the restrooms. It was fine. Nothing like sitting waterside (which we’ve done plenty of times before) and my kids didn’t even realize we were in the pirates of the Caribbean ride (which was a bummer) but it was ok. I usually only book the 11:30 time slot and get there earlier to request waterside but I booked the fantasmic dining package very last minute and took what I could get. We LOVED the fantasmic dining package even though we had a bad spot in the restaurant and would highly recommend it even if you don’t sit waterside. BUT if it’s a once in a lifetime chance to do blue bayou, then do yourself a favor and wait however long for the waterside table.

My bf and I did the Fantasmic dinner package last summer. The ambiance is unbeatable---definitely arrive early to request a waterside table!
If you're in the mood for "date night" and want to splurge a little, I wholeheartedly recommend it!

We go every trip. We go for dinner rather than lunch because our eyes are better adjusted to the low lighting at night, and we can enjoy the experience a bit more.

My daughter and I ate at Blue Bayou last Monday night with the Fantasmic! dining package and had a wonderful experience. The service was excellent and we both really enjoyed the food. Would definitely go back, either for the package or just a la carte.

We took first timers with us in September and did dinner with a Fantasmic! Package and they both thanked us for suggesting it as it was a highlight for them. Our food was excellent, the proper temperature and our server was great. They let us check in early as we were trying to get out with more time to find a spot for fireworks (our reservation was purposely for the second F! show) and they were super accommodating. Now that starters are no longer included with the entree when dining a la carte I think the F! package can be an excellent value depending on what you're interested in ordering (I love that surf and turf!)

We went in October for the Fantasmic Package. The service was good and the theming was cool but the food was very average considering the price. I also felt it was a littlw too dark in there to really enjoy it. I'm glad we went for the experience, but wouldn't bother again.

I’m glad I found this... In our upcoming trip we are thinking about doing the Fantasmic Dining package. I’ve been trying to track down a copy/photo of the menu and have only been able to find some from last year or more. Does the Pre-fixe menu ever change other then the “seasonal vegetables”? Thank you in advance!

I’m glad I found this... In our upcoming trip we are thinking about doing the Fantasmic Dining package. I’ve been trying to track down a copy/photo of the menu and have only been able to find some from last year or more. Does the Pre-fixe menu ever change other then the “seasonal vegetables”? Thank you in advance!

Unfortunately I don't have a photo, but when I was there a couple of weeks ago the menu was pretty much exactly what you're finding online. I think the fish dish may change depending on what's in season. The only other change I know of is that the Tesoro Island Chicken dish that you see on some older menus is now Roasted Chicken Maison (which sadly I didn't not find quite as good as the Tesoro Island Chicken).

If you go to Blue Bayou you will pay a lot of money for mediocre service and IMO bad food but the ambiance of dining in an attraction is still worth doing at least once. If you want a nice sit down dinner with higher quality food then you might want to look into Carthay Circle, Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55.

Unfortunately this was our exact experience on July 8. Very mediocre service: we had to ask 3 times for bread to be served, and our waitress did not remember what we ordered when the meal was served and we had to remind her who had what. Also, on a water refill for me, it was clear that some of the mint julep had been mixed with the water jug and the result was pretty nasty.

Halfway into our week long Disneyland trip, this has easily been the worst meal experience we have had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter