Votes: 46 40.4%
  • Yes, because I suffered through it, so should you

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • No, The atmosphere is not worth it, the food was just okay

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • No, my experience was bad

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
It is great if you can get a water front table. Tables near the entrance not so much. I’ve always enjoyed the food.

I do think the food is usually pretty good, and while I'd never insist on waiting for waterfront, it can't be emphasized enough that if your table is really awful, tell them you'll wait for something better. They have added many more tables to the restaurant than were there in times past, and some that are by the entrance are TOTALLY charmless. BB is quite expensive...no need to settle for an unacceptable table assignment. (We literally watched four parties reject a certain table, before the fifth guy kind of looked confused and accepted it. Poor him.)

We ate there Wednesday before last and it was meh, OK, at best. We had 8pm reservations and showed up a little early (20 minuets) to request a water side table. They where able to accommodate my request and we where seated right at 8pm. It is SUPER dark and you definitely need the neat little light attached to the menu. We pretty much knew what we wanted and ordered quickly. That is where my issue with the food started. I ordered the bone in ribeye, medium rare and my friend ordered the jambalaya. We had no sooner than got our bread buttered and we where served our entrees. I mean we sat down at 8 ordered our meal by 8:10 and my steak was placed in front of me less than 8 minuets later. And it is a decent size steak. Which means, it was pre-cooked and tasted like it. It was over done and tasted like it had been sitting under a heat lamp. And the mashed potatoes where underneath the steak, I am assuming so that they do not dry out. My food was not good, and that is being polite. My friend said that her jambalaya was a little on the dry side but the flavors where very good. She was satisfied. I just expected more. For $46 they should serve a cooked to order steak. And, it was not even like we went at a peak time. We deliberately went later in the evening so that we could have a nice quite dinner. So, do I recommend it? I am on the fence. Maybe at lunch when you can get the Monte Cristo or try the roasted chicken or something. But, it definitely was not worth the $100 that the 2 of us spent just for the atmosphere.
But, I will say that the service was excellent! The Cast Members where super friendly and attentive. We never had to ask for extra bread/butter and our glasses where never empty. It was A++ service, an B+for Atmosphere and a D for the food.

We ate there Wednesday before last and it was meh, OK, at best. We had 8pm reservations and showed up a little early (20 minuets) to request a water side table. They where able to accommodate my request and we where seated right at 8pm. We knew what we wanted and ordered quickly. That is where my issue with the food started. I ordered the bone in ribeye, medium rare and my friend ordered the jambalaya. We had no sooner than got our bread buttered and we where served our entrees. I mean we sat down at 8 ordered our meal by 8:10 and my steak was placed in front of me less than 8 minuets later. And it is a decent size steak. Which means, it was pre-cooked and tasted like it. It was over done and tasted like it had been sitting under a heat lamp. And the mashed potatoes where underneath the steak, I am assuming so that they do not dry out. My food was not good, and that is being polite. My friend said that her jambalaya was a little on the dry side but the flavors where very good. She was satisfied. I just expected more. For $46 they should serve a cooked to order steak. And, it was not even like we went at a peak time. We deliberately went later in the evening so that we could have a nice quite dinner. So, do I recommend it? I am on the fence. Maybe at lunch when you can get the Monte Cristo or try the roasted chicken or something. But, it definitely was not worth the $100 that the 2 of us spent just for the atmosphere.
But, I will say that the service was excellent! The Cast Members where super friendly and attentive. We never had to ask for extra bread/butter and our glasses where never empty. It was A++ service, an A for Atmosphere and a D for the food.
I was thinking about this thread today, I am glad you posted this. I think we are going to pass this year on Blue Bayou. We are going to go to Cafe Orleans and get the Monte Cristo and Pommes Frites. My husband is not really feeling BB and I thought I wanted to do it, but the food just sounds...meh.

Café Orleans is a good choice and it is the exact same Monte Cristo as the BB and at a cheaper price. I was just really disappointed with the meal - for $100 I really think that the food should be better. We did eat steak and prime rib later in the week at Steakhouse 55 and it was excellent though! Best meal all weak!

Café Orleans is a good choice and it is the exact same Monte Cristo as the BB and at a cheaper price. I was just really disappointed with the meal - for $100 I really think that the food should be better. We did eat steak and prime rib later in the week at Steakhouse 55 and it was excellent though! Best meal all weak!
Good to know, about Steakhouse 55! Maybe we should look at that one again. We are staying at the DLH.

I have actually really liked the filet and lobster tail the last couple of times we went, I in that regard the food is worth it IMO
We had a quick one day trip to DL a couple a weeks ago and ate at Blue Bayou and for the first time the food was meh. In particular the lobster tails were the smallest lobster tails I have ever seen and the filets were overcooked. This was the first time we experienced the 'miss' part of the 'hit and miss' which is a shame because the last time we were there just a month earlier it was great.

Apparently, Hubs and I were either very lucky each time we've gone (maybe 6 times?), or maybe our lack of "fine dining" experiences near home makes us easy to please, but we've never had a bad meal at BB. Worst issue we've had is feeling a bit rushed, but even that wasn't too bad. We also always wait for a waterside table.

Amazing? No. Pretty darn good? Yep. As far as in-park dining, it's second only to Carthay Circle for our family.

I've never had a "bad" experience there.

You are basically getting a very similar menu (in both entrees and quality) to Cafe Orleans, but paying on average $10-15 more per plate for a similar dish, for the ambiance of the restaurant.
It may or may not be worth it, depending on your priorities (i.e. similar idea with the difference of the same exact hotel room, but with a different view).

I've been there 4 times (twice of those for the fantasmic package), never had an issue that ruined the meal, and the food was always good, but I can see why others may not like it (the darkness, etc.)

I've only eaten there once. It was last summer on 4th of July. I booked it right at the 60 day mark to ensure we would get an 11am reservation to be near the water. We sat near the water. That was great. Just VERY dark. I almost spilled my drink a few times. My aunt and I shared the Jambalaya and gumbo (although, she hogged the gumbo lol). We both enjoyed it. The service was good as well. My aunt had a specific question about an ingredient in the jambalaya and the server had no problem asking the chef about it. Overall, I do want to go back here to eat again, but the price is just so high. I have no complaints about it, but reading poor reviews from others on here and other sites makes me nervous to return. I'm thinking about sometime this summer doing the F! package to try it again.

I love Blue Bayou, never had a bad experience. I do think it's crucial to have a waterside table, which is why I always reserve for the first time slot of the day (typically 11:30 am). Normally I would never go to a restaurant just for the ambiance, but this is the exception. I absolutely love the environment, and I've always thought it was just the right amount of dark to make you feel like you're really dining on the edge of the bayou, but still allow you to see your menu. The gumbo is really good. The entrees are not the best I've had in my life for the price, but they're not really the reason I dine there - it's for the atmosphere. The food is still good enough that I feel I had a good meal with a great experience. Ahhh I miss it! The creme brulee is awesome as well.

I actually love the smell of POC, but the restaurant doesn't exactly smell that way. If anything, it's the opposite - often while riding POC the ride can smell like the restaurant while you are passing (if it's during dining hours).

Nice atmosphere, but when it comes to their food, its been hit or miss in my experience.
Agree. More to the point, it's overpriced. I don't eat sugar -- been off it for more than 30 years -- so I only ordered a vegan entree (no soda, no dessert), which was tasty. This was about eight years ago and it cost $30. That's a lot to ask for gluten-free pasta with mushrooms. But yes, it's worth doing once simply for the atmosphere.

I've had dinner there.... um five times maybe? Usually with different dates every year, lol, but besides that I would go back alone each time too. I absolutely LOVE the atmosphere, it's why I go to Disney compared to just a standard amusement park. I would love if Indian Jones had a themed restaurant and I can't wait to see what Star Wars brings to us. Anyway, yes it's still way to dark, you'll almost have to use a cell phone flash light to see what's on the plate and everything, I do think the menu's now have built in LED lights but you used to need a light to read those. There might be a very slight "humidity" smell to it, or crisp water smell, but it's certainly not overpowering at all and I actually think it's pleasant. I've been lucky and had pretty solid food and service every time, it's a little slow in general but I haven't had any extremes, more of "relaxed" I would say as a party of two we're usually out of there after about an hour or hour and fifteen minutes. Food has always been good, but I've certainly had better from places over in California Adventures. What I love is that it really does make you feel like you're outside at night, the sounds, the looks, it's all just wonderful. I've never been right on the edge near the boats, but in a lot of area's you kind of forget they're even there. I'll be back there in October and plan to get a reservation for this place before anywhere else :)

Go for dinner, an hour or so before it starts to get dark, walk in and feel like you're sitting down outside in the dark for dinner and walk out and it's actually dark outside, it really makes for a "real" fake experience. Go at least once, set aside an hour or so, try to enjoy it, it's part of the Disney experience! (And way better then just quick service places)

In the last few years, my group has made it a tradition to go for the pre-fixe during Halloween (though, that's changing this year). The food has always been really good though admittedly, we haven't really seen the regular menu in a while. Plus we're not too picky about the seating, most of us just love the overall ambiance in there. The service has been great every time that we've gone as well.

In the last few years, my group has made it a tradition to go for the pre-fixe during Halloween (though, that's changing this year). The food has always been really good though admittedly, we haven't really seen the regular menu in a while. Plus we're not too picky about the seating, most of us just love the overall ambiance in there. The service has been great every time that we've gone as well.

I really enjoyed the pre-fixe for Halloween last year! I did wish the restaurant was a little more decorated for Halloween (man they could have done some great Bayou themed Halloween stuff) but still really enjoyed it. It'll be something I miss this year, have you heard if any of the sit down locations over in DCA will be doing a dining event for the Halloween party?

We like the ambience by the water. The food is usually good by park standards, but can vary a bit. The cost is on the high side which diminishes the value some. However, on a hot day, it's really nice to be able to sit in an air-conditioned restaurant with free refills of mint juleps and watch the boats go by.

We only went once a few years ago. If you get a waterside table (PPs have tips for that), I think it's worth it to experience it once, but the food was the worst of our trip. Not saying it was inedible or anything, but we preferred all the other places we went to (TS and CS) over it.

It'll be something I miss this year, have you heard if any of the sit down locations over in DCA will be doing a dining event for the Halloween party?

I'm still waiting to find out if there's a restaurant that is doing it as well! We're super excited if one of them does it since it'll be a new experience. I wonder if it will be Carthay -- they have great food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter