Votes: 46 40.4%
  • Yes, because I suffered through it, so should you

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • No, The atmosphere is not worth it, the food was just okay

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • No, my experience was bad

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
BB is a must do for us if we are celebrating a special occasion. We always get the first reservation so we sit by the water. We once had a time on the outer edge by the door and the experience was disappointing. We also did a split plate which worked at well. You pay a price but each person gets the appetizer and then the entree is split. The last time we celebrated my DD 16th bday or preordered a cake from Disney. We had several characters to choose from and the cake was really good. The price wasn’t bad for how you got either. At least a few years back you could order a cake and have it at any of the sit down restaurants. It was a nice surprise for my DD.

Our first table was by the entrance and I balked at that. Waited a little longer, got one in center. When we were there, the tables by the water were only for the Fantasmic packages. I asked why they all had glowing things, and I asked for one, lol, not knowing that was why they had them. (Not allowed haha). Those tables saved for them, we were told.

Our first table was by the entrance and I balked at that. Waited a little longer, got one in center. When we were there, the tables by the water were only for the Fantasmic packages. I asked why they all had glowing things, and I asked for one, lol, not knowing that was why they had them. (Not allowed haha). Those tables saved for them, we were told.

Interesting. What do you mean by glowing things? I recently did the Fantasmic! package and the only differences from regular dining are that you must order from a pre-set menu, and at the end you receive a cushion for sitting while viewing the show. The only glowing things I can think of are the light up cubes that you see in some people's drinks, but anyone can order those.

Me and my husband went in November last year while the kids ate pizza with grandpa. We are going next week with the kids though as our youngest keeps begging us to go. Problem is there’s not much of anything on the menu my kids would eat. My son would eat the steak but doubtful he could finish it and probably won’t eat the sides. We are going to order 3 of the Monte Cristo sandwich's and have my daughter share some of mine. My husband does love that he gets unlimited mint juleps though. After this we probably won’t go back for a few years just because of my picky children

Me and my husband went in November last year while the kids ate pizza with grandpa. We are going next week with the kids though as our youngest keeps begging us to go. Problem is there’s not much of anything on the menu my kids would eat. My son would eat the steak but doubtful he could finish it and probably won’t eat the sides. We are going to order 3 of the Monte Cristo sandwich's and have my daughter share some of mine. My husband does love that he gets unlimited mint juleps though. After this we probably won’t go back for a few years just because of my picky children

I've found that the picky eaters in the group tend to go for the chicken dish. I don't know whether they serve it for dinner, but it's definitely on the lunch menu. It was pretty basic - chicken and mashed potatoes. Hard to go wrong there! They gave the veggies on the side to others who would eat them.

One of the few good things about being gluten free due to celiac at Disneyland-- the prix fixe menus are magically opened up to you, so you can order anything off the regular menu that they are able make gluten free for you. At least, that was my experience a few years ago at Blue Bayou, for the F! meal. When we made reservations we specified that we are gluten free. When we sat down, the server knew this already and told us that we could order either off the prix fixe menu, if there was something on there that could be modified for us-- but also that we could order from the regular menu, since there were more doable options on there for us.

I emailed ahead to ask about a GF Monte Cristo, and they were able to make that for me (during the lunch service). It was delicious!

Yeah, the light up drink cubes come in the specialty drinks that anyone can order and aren't related to the F! dining package. Sounds like the CM was just giving an excuse...

Yes, it’s something you need to experience, but it’s really expensive! I wouldn’t do it every trip, but it’s a bucket list kind of thing. We treated my cousin and her family one time and the bill was $600-$700! 🤑

....these were our dinners [we were there in April]:
enhance

enhance

...I requested a water table and it was pretty awesome. After we had placed our order, we asked the CM about the Fantasmic Dinner package; she was very accommodating....I would definitely go back.

Good to know, about Steakhouse 55! Maybe we should look at that one again. We are staying at the DLH.
I’d say don’t get your expectations up too high for 55. The food was the same quality as BB in my experience in December. Just no atmosphere and the same price. It’s the combo of decent food and atmosphere that makes BB worth it to me. I still don’t go every trip.

I just noticed that the starters have changed on the menu. No more yummy salad with walnuts or gumbo. Crazy, I thought that the gumbo had been a staple for years?

I went to BB for the first time last Thursday after snagging a last minute reservation the day before.

I was seated by the water, which I later learned was a premium spot!

I was pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere and meal. Both were very good!

ERQ

I just noticed that the starters have changed on the menu. No more yummy salad with walnuts or gumbo. Crazy, I thought that the gumbo had been a staple for years?

That is very surprising! The gumbo was quite popular. I'm glad I got to have it last month. Maybe it is a seasonal change?

We never went to the BB and decided one day to do it as a treat. We LOVED it! The ambiance, the food, the servers...all so amazing. It's such a relief from the hustle and bustle of the day to sit in the dark and watch the boats go by.

The one thing I do hate though is that sometimes groups on the boats will shriek over to the restaurant. One group in particular, "HI GUYS!! WHAT ARE YOU EATING?! THROW ME A BREADSTICK!! JUST ONE? PUH-LEASE!!! HI GUYYYYYSS! BrEADsticks!!!!"

Oh my gosh was that annoying, and totally ruined the quiet and nice atmosphere of both the ride and restaurant. It doesn't help that a group sitting on a water table next to us was encouraging the rowdiness by yelling stuff back. Luckily it only happened once in the hour or so of eating.

Wow, I've never experienced that at Blue Bayou. Hopefully never will lol.

... The one thing I do hate though is that sometimes groups on the boats will shriek over to the restaurant. One group in particular, "HI GUYS!! WHAT ARE YOU EATING?! THROW ME A BREADSTICK!! JUST ONE? PUH-LEASE!!! HI GUYYYYYSS! BrEADsticks!!!!"

Oh my gosh was that annoying, and totally ruined the quiet and nice atmosphere of both the ride and restaurant. It doesn't help that a group sitting on a water table next to us was encouraging the rowdiness by yelling stuff back. Luckily it only happened once in the hour or so of eating.
Wow, I've never experienced that at Blue Bayou. Hopefully never will lol.
This is why we don't eat at BB on Grad Nites! ;)

I have BB booked for mid September but I'm starting to re think it. But the atmosphere seems really great or at least a place to do one time.

I have BB booked for mid September but I'm starting to re think it. But the atmosphere seems really great or at least a place to do one time.
I had wanted to eat at BB since I was 7 years old and went to DL for the first time. 30 years later, I got to...and it was everything I had hoped for. Granted, I've only eaten there the one time, but even my notoriously frugal DH said it was well worth it. We were there late - I think our dinner reservation was at 9 - and we were one table back from the water, as I recall. Sitting there in my absolute favorite part of one of my top 3 rides in DL was simply magical. One of the things H and I both commented on was that we couldn't hear the ride at all. Not once did we hear people on the ride, even though we saw many, many boats go buy. Our food was delicious (I had the roasted chicken, H had the lamb if I remember correctly), the service was excellent, and I fulfilled a childhood dream! It was such a fantastic experience that he's already said he wants to make reservations the next time we're there too.

To add even more magic, when we left, we ran right into Fantasmic happening on the ROA. Completely unplanned, but perfect timing. It was the last night of our trip and it was just perfect.

That said, I say go for it!

I had wanted to eat at BB since I was 7 years old and went to DL for the first time. 30 years later, I got to...and it was everything I had hoped for. Granted, I've only eaten there the one time, but even my notoriously frugal DH said it was well worth it. We were there late - I think our dinner reservation was at 9 - and we were one table back from the water, as I recall. Sitting there in my absolute favorite part of one of my top 3 rides in DL was simply magical. One of the things H and I both commented on was that we couldn't hear the ride at all. Not once did we hear people on the ride, even though we saw many, many boats go buy. Our food was delicious (I had the roasted chicken, H had the lamb if I remember correctly), the service was excellent, and I fulfilled a childhood dream! It was such a fantastic experience that he's already said he wants to make reservations the next time we're there too.

To add even more magic, when we left, we ran right into Fantasmic happening on the ROA. Completely unplanned, but perfect timing. It was the last night of our trip and it was just perfect.

That has been my experience every time I've eaten there. Food was always very good, great service and atmosphere to die for.

Problem is there’s not much of anything on the menu my kids would eat

i was hoping my GD would eat the chicken, described as being served on pasta w/marinara. :confused3

The monte Christo is a bit rich for me. like the gumbo in the past during lunch, hope it’s still on menu in 2 weeks :)

I did change our fantasmic pkg from here to river belle though. Figured that way we could eat ala carte @ BB.

I think I will keep it. Thank you for your reply. I have one been to Disneyland once and this might be my last trip there for at least a few years.
Pirates is one of my favorite rides as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!