Blue Lagoon Anyone?

SeaGirl

Earning My Ears
We're booked for this. Can anyone tell me what they thought of this excursion? I'm just not too hip on hanging out in Nassau for the day, so I booked this instead.

We took this excursion last June and really enjoyed it. The trips over & back were fun because there was a lot to look at, they have a bar and a band. The kids loved dancing to the band. The island itself was pretty and interesting and well set-up. Lots of fun things to do...water trikes, kayaks, snorkeling. We are very experienced snorkelers, so it was a little hard for us to be contained in one area, and rather difficult to snorkel wearing a life jacket(as is required by Disney), but our kids, 9 & 12, had never snorkeled, and we wanted them to get used to it so that we can start to take them on some of our more exotic trips, so it was a great setting for that. The food was good, although the free punch they served wasn't very good, and came in a small cup, but you can buy a soda or drink at the bar they have there. You must have cash for this. They have land activities, too...basketball and such. Plenty of shaded areas, and two boats back. We took the earlier boat back so that we could spend some time looking through the Straw Market & other shops before going back on board. You don't have to reserve the boat back, just line up at the specified time at the same dock you got off at. I think this is a perfect way to spend the time in Nassau as it gives you much more of a feeling of being in the Caribbean than going to a large commercial beach like the Atlantis. You'll enjoy it. Have fun!

We did this excursion in May. We had a wonderful time. The beach is pristine and the water is crystal clear. I have 2 young children and the water on the lagoon side is shallow and calm. The only thing I would recommend is doing the early trip. It seemed like we had the whole place to ourselves. By 1:00 more cruisers came over, so we headed back to the ship by 2pm and the kids went in a pretty empty pool. It was a perfect day.

Dayna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter