Blue Lagoon Restaurant - restaurant reviews

Giant photo of dessert menu has been PM'd. The chocolate lava cake is back!!!!

Thank you!! Robert has found about three desserts he likes the look of so that means we are more than likely going to the Blue Lagoon!

Bob xoxoxox

We ate here last October. The setting was fantastic. My youngest (3 years old) was desperate to eat with the pirates and we saved this for our last night. Unfortunately service was a bit slow and she fell asleep before the food came! The waitress could not have done more to be helpful. Made her a makeshift bed out of two leaf shaped chairs pushed together. The photos are really cute! She's fast asleep as people sail past on the ride! Offered to package up her food for later. Our food was good too and we'll definately give it another go this time:thumbsup2

We ate here for lunch on our recent trip and we really liked it!

We got sat under a coconut tree in lovely banana leaf style chairs (Which are very comfy!).... We loved the theming, and loved hearing the pirates singing in the distance....

DLRP08272.jpg

DLRP08271.jpg

DLRP08274.jpg

DLRP08275.jpg

I ordered the non alcohol cocktail of the day.... I don't know what was in it, but it was lovely!

DLRP08273.jpg

We also got a bread basket, and a complimentary bottle of water... :goodvibes

Robert had the Ostrich with plantain banana chips:

DLRP08279.jpg

While I went for the Swordfish with the perfumed rice:

DLRP08278.jpg

It was wonderful! The swordfish was perfectly cooked, and the rice was heavenly!

For dessert, I had the 'Bora Bora' sorbets with fresh fruit, which came in a sugar basket... The portion was huge and would easily have served two!

DLRP08281.jpg

Robert went for the chocolate lava cake, which he loved! It was lucky to get photographed as he nearly dived straight in!

DLRP08282.jpg

The total bill was 73.10Euro, and very worth it in my opinion. Our waiter was very lovely and funny too...... :goodvibes

Overall, we really liked it here and would go back!

Bob xoxoxox

ooooh there is my chocolate lava cake back on the menu!!!! I must go back for it sometime soon....before it disappears again. I know that I sent you a photo of the dessert menu, but didn't go eat it myself then. :(

ooooh there is my chocolate lava cake back on the menu!!!! I must go back for it sometime soon....before it disappears again. I know that I sent you a photo of the dessert menu, but didn't go eat it myself then. :(

They also do a seriously nice looking veggie pasta now, with grilled veg and cashews... The people at the table behind us had it and it looked wonderful!

Bob xoxox

We went there on the 31st October for lunch and I was very disappointed by the food. The decoration and atmosphere is ok but my food was not good, nor special and there was too much fat in my chicken... The appetizer was very small for the price but the dessert was good. Our waiter was kind and obliging. As usual, free kirs and orange juice. As drink: San Peligrino.

Decoration & vibe: 9/10 Love to be next to the boat from POTC and seeing people. Morevover, I'd like to be in the Caribbean.
Service: 9/10 Kind waiter, quick served.
Food: 5.5/10 Appetizer ok but small, entree not good nor special, dessert good.
Price: 6/10 Too expensive for the bad food, we pay the decoration.
General appreciation: 6.5

Decoration
P1100864.jpg

P1100856.jpg

P1100883.jpg

P1100892.jpg

Menu (if you want more pics, I took the whole menu in pictures)
P1100875.jpg

Food
I took the menu of the flibustier.
Appetizer: Cheese of goat fresh with spices and aubergine crushed
P1100899.jpg

Entree: Colombo of chicken
P1100904.jpg

P1100903.jpg

Dessert: Marco Polo - Ice cream sundae with piña colada, banana, chocolate and whipped cream
P1100907.jpg

My mother took the steaklet of duck, she said it was good.
P1100900.jpg

My godmother also took the colombo.

Last time I was here..wasnt too pleasant! It would have been maybe 2and a half/3years ago. Myself, mother n father and lil brother and sister went in..ordered food and my little sister said she saw a little dog running around..my dad thought she was seeing things..until then she saw it a few more times..we realised they were mice!!!! :O :O

We got up like the wind and walked out of the place..my mother complained at guest relations in city hall and they basically said they had an exterminator come in but he couldnt get rid of them so what more could they do??..

DSC02119.jpg
DSC02118.jpg
DSC02107.jpg
DSC02106.jpg
DSC02105.jpg
DSC02104.jpg
We ate here at 12pm on Tuesday 16th June. I had booked in advance and requested a table on the beach which we received. We had eaten here previously and had expected to wait a long time for our food to arrive so were pleasantly surprised when the starter arrived about 5min after ordering. I have photos of the food and the menu which i can upload when i can work out how to. We both had the ham, salad and melon for starter followed by the curried chicken and rice and then a chocolate ice cream sundae. The food was all delicious. The starter was not exactly to my taste but it was nice. The chicken had the most delicious sauce on and was cooked very nicely. The atmosphere is lovely, service on this occassion very quick and for the first time i heard many people on the ride shouting Bon Apetit. We would definately eat here again, the menu could do with a little more choice but what you do get was delicious. We paid with half board plus vouchers but i noticed you could choose anything from the menu if you had the half baord premium vouchers so you would get a lot more choice. The restaurant has a very relaxed atmosphere and a good place to take a break.

We ate here on Sunday the 9th of August 2009 at 12.30. I love the theming and as Pirates was the childrens favorite ride we ate here. The food was fantastic although the service was not great. A few niggling points;
DD's order was wrong and when we told the lady she kind of huffed and puffed. DD said it didn't matter and she would have it but I think she just wanted to eat! The ride broke down (I understand no fault of theirs but everyone had to get off the boat and cut through which mean't we were getting knocked throughout our main course) I thought they should have offered a free drink maybe?
The childrens starter, main and dessert all come out on the same plate/tray. It's hard enough to tell a 4 year old they have to finish their dinner before they can have pudding and they had finished all of theirs by the time our main had arrived. (Considering they are not fast eaters I thought this was bad)
We used premium vouchers and the bill came to £108, I thought this would cover us as it had done in Auberge and Inventions but the waitress told us we still had to pay 4 Euro's. As it was our last day DH just paid and we left. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that should have covered us. Anyway here are some pictures:
DisneylandParis2009051.jpg

DisneylandParis2009052.jpg

DisneylandParis2009053.jpg

DisneylandParis2009054.jpg

DisneylandParis2009055.jpg

DisneylandParis2009034.jpg

Wendy 3 but we had ordered Wendy 1
DisneylandParis2009035.jpg

Wendy 2
DisneylandParis2009036.jpg

The papaya
DisneylandParis2009037.jpg

DisneylandParis2009039.jpg

DisneylandParis2009040.jpg

The sea bream
DisneylandParis2009047.jpg

Creme Brulee
DisneylandParis2009050.jpg

Macaroons

All in all the food was very tasty, the service could of been better, and we would probably eat here again but not use vouchers :goodvibes

Hi welcome back again!

In relation to Blue Lagoon review what i can not understand is why using premium half board vouchers (which are supposing to allow to order whatever you want from the menu) you have to pay 4 euros in cash????

We are planning to visit DLP in December and using premium vouchers, could you inform us about your experience? Is it worth using them? where?

Besides, if you have more menu pictures i really appreciate if you could post them!

Thanks a lot!

Hi welcome back again!

In relation to Blue Lagoon review what i can not understand is why using premium half board vouchers (which are supposing to allow to order whatever you want from the menu) you have to pay 4 euros in cash????

We are planning to visit DLP in December and using premium vouchers, could you inform us about your experience? Is it worth using them? where?

Besides, if you have more menu pictures i really appreciate if you could post them!

Thanks a lot!
Will put some more reviews and pictures up of the other places we ate but we would not recommend using premium vouchers in Walts, Cafe Mickey or Blue Lagoon. We wish we would have ate in Inventions again or Auberge twice or even Manhattan. DH had a beer and they said that was not included in the voucher. Why only 4 euro's to be paid and not the 7 I don't know. Because it was our last day we just handed them over, was too tired to argue!:rotfl2:

We ate here our first day in Disney, we didn't get to the park until about 2pm and after hearing about the express menu on here (thanks everyone) we headed straight there.

We only had two families waiting in front of us and got sat down within 10min, we requested to be sat by the water and were. The waiting staff left a lot to be desired but they did in most places to be fair and everywhere was so busy you could hardly blame them.

We both ate off the express menu I had the salted cod which was like a fish pie and hubbie had the chicken. Then we had the wonderful Cafe Goumand which in both our opinions were better than the mixed deserts we had at walts or the deserts in the yatch club.

The atmosfer was amazing in there, we both agreed at the end of the trip that this was our favorite restaurant. The menu wasn't what we'd usually order but was still a pleasant change.

forgot to mention it was about 46 euros with two cokes and a bottle of tap water (free)

We ate here for lunch on our recent trip and again, we had a great meal!

The atmosphere cannot be beaten- Its fabulous eating inside the ride!!

10722_553527023018_276700697_2763090_2866779_n.jpg

Service was very friendly from every cast member we encountered and our waiter was just lovely, even offering to take a photo of the two of us together when he noticed I had a camera:

10722_553527042978_276700697_2763094_3443596_n.jpg

Robert had the Columbo Chicken, which he said was absolutely delicious and a nice change from the style of food in the other restaurants:

10722_553527032998_276700697_2763092_2856728_n.jpg

I went for the swordfish again and it was vey very good! I love the rice that comes with it so much!

10722_553527028008_276700697_2763091_3956257_n.jpg

Desserts were a Creme Brulee for me (Which was bought out to me on fire- Cue lots of envious 'ooohs' from around the restaurant!) and a coconut tart with passion flower sorbet:

10722_553527047968_276700697_2763095_6362149_n.jpg

10722_553527052958_276700697_2763096_4174157_n.jpg

I cannot remember the bill price- I seem to recall it being around 67 Euro?? I shall check when I get home tonight! We would definately return!

Bob xoxox

Ate her in January, 2010 a return to one of my favourite restaurants.
Used out HB+ dinner vouchers for lunch and wished we hadn't. The highlight of the meal were the bread rolls and desserts.
From the set menu I had
Prawn cocktail with lime and curry - OK
Vegetable crumble ( tomato with tomato flavoured veg and more tomato, served with a green salad dressed with, yep tomato) - OK as long as you like tomato, I do but even I was fed up half way through it and started eating the salad leaves instead.
Icecream dessert was yummy though.

Kids had the tomato & mozzarello balls starter - what is that all about ?
didn't eat it
Niece - pasta bolognese - didn't eat it
DS - Coconut chicken with rice - didn't eat it
Both won around with icecream dessert, (NB not on kid's menu, but as they'd both failed to eat anything, we asked if we could buy an icecream dessert for them and was told they could have one anyway !)

Sister had the Sweet Potato soup - ate half, Carribean Chicken Curry - again ate half of it and the Creme Brulee for dessert which was very nice and they set it alight for added Ooh factor.

This restaurant has a fantastic setting I still can't fault that, the ambience is something else, totally different from all other restaurants. Our waiter was very charming and witty, service was excellent, but food very disappointing, possibly we would've been better just using the vouchers at face value and choosing from the menu. As for the children's menu, in my opinion it's dire, they really need to ditch that starter and the nonsense of bringing all the kid's courses out on one tray at the start.

We had fabulous meals there in 2006, enjoyed by all the adults and kids, such a shame that they've made such drastic changes to the menu, the experience also put us off eating at Walt's, once the kids saw Tomato and Mozzarella Balls on the Walt's menu they were gone. lol.

We had a lovely lunch at the Blue Lagoon on 6 Feb 2010 that morning at I had made a reservation for 12.00 at Guest Relations

We arrived on time after a ride on "the Pirate ride" as per the kids request.

Kids both had the pasta meal - which tasted odd to me, but one happily ate it. The other happily ate the bread supplied. The French do very good bread.

Kids had a juice each and Doug and I had a diet coke each.

Both Doug and I ordered off the more expensive menu

Bill came to a total of 92.80 we used lunch vouchers so that left us 61.00 to pay which we charged to our room.

The menu we were given was entirely in French, so with Dougs limited knowledge of french we figured out something that we wanted to eat.

We enjoyed the meal, the atmosphere was amazing, service almost faster than our "fast food" counter service at Cafe Hyperion the day before.

DisneylandParis2010147.jpg

Kids meal.

DisneylandParis2010148.jpg

My Crab dish

DisneylandParis2010149.jpg

Dougs Octopus

DisneylandParis2010150.jpg

My main

DisneylandParis2010151.jpg

Dougs Steak

DisneylandParis2010152.jpg

Creme Brulee

DisneylandParis2010153.jpg

Dougs dessert

I am a rubbish reporter, I will find out what our meals were called and update, but right now I am being called...... Can a girl get no peace :o)

Kirsten

We ate here 17.30 Sunday 7th November

To be honest I was disappointed in the food. When we'd last eaten here in 2008 we'd enjoyed the meal so much so that DH had declared it his favourite.

The restaurant itself was as beautifully themed and as atmospheric as I'd remembered. As there was hardly anyone in we had no problem getting a table by the water which is always lovely- visitors on the ride were calling out "Bon Appeitite" and the boys had fun shouting back "Merci" and "Bon voyage".

The boys both had the pasta option fron the kids menu. They ate better than us and actually really enjoyed the whole experience. They were given menus to colour in and loved the whole pirate setting.

We had the prawn cocktail with curry and lime which was alright-nothing special.

For main I had The chicken Colombo. This should have been a good dish- the flavours were there but it was badly cooked. The rice was so dried up it was actually crunchy and the chicken had a strange texture-perhaps they'd boiled it and overdone it. Anyhow I left most of it.

DH had the Swordfish which he described as "like sawdust"

We decided to skip dessert as the boys had been served their three courses all at once and were long finished before our mains arrived- so obviously they were itching to get back to the park.

After Inventions this was the second most expensive meal of the trip-this time it felt as if we we're paying for the privilege of the setting rather than for the quality of the food. We wont be back in a hurry.

We had booked Blue Lagoon for 6pm on Thursday 11th November 2010. We were seated straight away on the lower level of the restaurant, next to the Pirate ship, and our waiter Gregory was the most attentive we had had all week. He took this photo for us (and yes that is another cocktail in front of me).
102_4354.jpg

Blue Lagoon was my favourite restaurant of the trip, we all absolutely loved the theming and feeling like we were in the ride! I was brave and ordered the shark with plantain, coconut milk and spiced vegetables. I’m really glad I did, this was the best meal of the trip. Shark tastes similar to seabass, I thought, but with a much meatier texture, even meatier than swordfish. The plantain and vegetables were brilliant too. Ooh I’d eat it again right now.
102_4358.jpg

Sister had the chicken burger which she really liked, from the teen menu.
102_4360.jpg

And mum had the Chicken Colombo, which she thought to be a bit too salty but she is very fussy - I thought it looked awesome!
102_4359.jpg

With the teen menu, sister got a fruit salad as desert which was enormous so the two of them shared that while I ordered the best dessert of the trip, banana milkshake with battered banana, toffee sauce and ginger sorbet.
102_4361.jpg

Christmas decorations in Blue Lagoon:
102_4362.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter