bluezoo or Flying Fish

leebee

DIS Veteran
Which would you choose for seafood? Is there someplace else (on or offsite) that you like better? I currently have a dinner reservation for Narcoossee's (so we can see the fireworks) but I'm thinking of going someplace new to us, and we love seafood.

I like both.
Flying Fish is more Disney-ish. Nice atmosphere, noisier. good food. Lots of families there.
BlueZoo is much quieter, darker inside. Did not see any families, only adults. Very good seafood, better than Flying Fish. Very few non seafood options if that matters.
Of the 2, I would pick BlueZoo.

That one is a toss up for me. I think the food and service are very good at both, but the atmosphere at FF gets the slight edge from me. One thing I love about bluezoo, though, is you can make a reservation without a cc hold on opentable so can cancel last minute without penalty if need be.

I like both.
Flying Fish is more Disney-ish. Nice atmosphere, noisier. good food. Lots of families there.
BlueZoo is much quieter, darker inside. Did not see any families, only adults. Very good seafood, better than Flying Fish. Very few non seafood options if that matters.
Of the 2, I would pick BlueZoo.
This.

Both are fantastic. Agree that BlueZoo is less-Disney and more adult-oriented (though I have seen kids there). Hope you enjoy whatever you pick!!

That one is a toss up for me. I think the food and service are very good at both, but the atmosphere at FF gets the slight edge from me. One thing I love about bluezoo, though, is you can make a reservation without a cc hold on opentable so can cancel last minute without penalty if need be.
Flying Fish is on Open Table too. I was surprised to see it recently.

bluezoo. Better seafood, always interesting menu items, and fantastic cocktails.

Wow this is a tough one. I would certainly look at both of the menus to see which appeals to you more. Regardless, changing out of Narcoosee's is a GREAT idea. Had some eh experiences and one horrific experience and won't be back. There are too many good places to eat on property to settle for mediocre IMO.

Regardless, it's always fun to try something new and you can't go wrong at either Flying Fish nor Bluezoo.

If you really want to get crazy, you could opt to sit at the bar at both locations and share a plate at each. Just a thought.

Wow this is a tough one. I would certainly look at both of the menus to see which appeals to you more. Regardless, changing out of Narcoosee's is a GREAT idea. Had some eh experiences and one horrific experience and won't be back. There are too many good places to eat on property to settle for mediocre IMO.
Regardless, it's always fun to try something new and you can't go wrong at either Flying Fish nor Bluezoo.
If you really want to get crazy, you could opt to sit at the bar at both locations and share a plate at each. Just a thought.

THIS is not as crazy an idea as you might think, and something I'd not thought of! I had bariatric surgery a few years ago and can't eat/drink much at one sitting; in fact, I often order an app for myself, maybe pick off DH's dinner, and still have food to take home with me. We could "bar hop" between the two (which would give me time to digest/make more tummy space) and check out both places! How does one go about bar seating; do you need an ADR or can you just show up and ask to go to the bar? (or both... ADR and ask about the bar when we get there- we'll be there 12/21-12/26).

I'm sorry you had bad experiences at Narc's (sorry, I'm juvenile/evil, calling a Disney spot "narc's" makes me giggle). DD26 and I were there during the summer of 2018 and really enjoyed the entire experience. Of course, she was wearing her "25th Birthday" button and the waitress was very attentive, brought her free dessert, etc. They also timed it perfectly, so we finished the app and took our wine to the deck for the fireworks, and right after we returned to the table, voila! There was dinner. I'm traveling with DH this time and he's never been to Narc's, but he isn't extremely tolerating if there is a service/food issue at a high end restaurant. Having read some questionable reviews is what's made me think "somewhere new" in the first place!

THIS is not as crazy an idea as you might think, and something I'd not thought of! I had bariatric surgery a few years ago and can't eat/drink much at one sitting; in fact, I often order an app for myself, maybe pick off DH's dinner, and still have food to take home with me. We could "bar hop" between the two (which would give me time to digest/make more tummy space) and check out both places! How does one go about bar seating; do you need an ADR or can you just show up and ask to go to the bar? (or both... ADR and ask about the bar when we get there- we'll be there 12/21-12/26).

I'm sorry you had bad experiences at Narc's (sorry, I'm juvenile/evil, calling a Disney spot "narc's" makes me giggle). DD26 and I were there during the summer of 2018 and really enjoyed the entire experience. Of course, she was wearing her "25th Birthday" button and the waitress was very attentive, brought her free dessert, etc. They also timed it perfectly, so we finished the app and took our wine to the deck for the fireworks, and right after we returned to the table, voila! There was dinner. I'm traveling with DH this time and he's never been to Narc's, but he isn't extremely tolerating if there is a service/food issue at a high end restaurant. Having read some questionable reviews is what's made me think "somewhere new" in the first place!

I am glad you had a good experience at narcs. Ok yeah I like that name too! We got violently ill from some bad lobster there and it put us out of commission for 2 days so I have some real bad memories there. I also thought the food started to slip in quality over the years but nevertheless lets get on to the good stuff.

So no you can't get ADRs to sit at the bar however, I don't think you will have much trouble getting a seat at either at 5pm when they open. You can walk between them or take the boat. Walking is certainly faster but either will work just fine. Just a side note...there are a few items at Blue Zoo that you can only get at the bar area so make sure you check out that separate menu as well. Both locations will let you order full courses at the bar.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!