Board Game Suggestions for Family/Teens

My kids’ favorites are Exploding Kittens, You’ve got Crabs, Bears vs Babies. We like some of the others mentioned as well.

One card game I didn’t see mentioned and we LOVE is Game if Phones. We often play with company or at parties with kids. It’s similar to Apples to Apples in that each player takes turns reading a card and then selecting the winner of that round. Each activity involves or is done on your phones. Things like: share your funniest selfie, fill the most expensive shopping cart on eBay containing five items. I think there were about two cards we threw away that we didnt think we’re appropriate. One I remember was making a prank call.

Tsuro is easy and fun. It goes fast which makes it a good social game.

We just had a game weekend with friends - about ten of us in a house up North (its a Minnesota thing). Everyone brings games - far too many to play. There were three copies of Tsuro (it didn't get played, but very little that gets hauled up gets played - my friends have a LOT of games).

Not a board game but Dominoes (Mexican Train version) is fun. Already mentioned but we also like Code Names

For co-op games Pandemic and Flashpoint are both great. There is also the whole Forbidden series of co-op games. Forbidden Island, Forbidden Desert and Forbidden Sky. Sky is probably the most complex of the 3 though. For non co-op games, King of Tokyo and King of New York are pretty easy to learn and play. Coup is also a great game if you have at least 4 players. Much better with 6.

I highly recommend the Forbidden games: Forbidden Island, Forbidden Desert, Forbidden Sky. They are cooperative, so you play together without the competition and they are all fun. I know @krayzie already recommended these so I'll add in that they are all fun in different ways and great for 3 - 4 people

We are adding to our game collection now. Just played Chronology yesterday . . enjoyed it a lot. Easier than a lot of the complicated strategy games. Everdell is fun if you kids like semi-complicated strategy games. King of Tokyo was fun and a little simpler.

Sequence is our number one go to game. So competitive and fun for all. I'm currently the sequence Queen:)

We have quite a few of the games mentioned. One that we love is Tokaido. It has two expansion packs: Matsuri and Crossroads which add further elements to the game.
Labyrinth (by Ravensberger) is my favourite family game. Simple, but so much fun!

We played the Disney, "Scene it" DVD game the other night. It's fun, the whole family can play, but unfortunately it's at least 10 years old now. It's only a bit outdated and for that reason can sometimes be pretty comical. We got 4 questions in a row about "Treasure Planet" (LOL). We resolved to have a family movie night to watch TP, and yes, it's on DIsney+. It seems like there should be an expansion pack or an on-line version you should be able to play.

Sequence, the jumbo sized board game is soooo much fun. Wish my DH liked board games it’s the two of us & he’s not a fan of any games

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter