Boardwalk Availability

scheddj

Take that Tag Fairy - I made my own!!
I’m looking into buying and my favorite resort is Boardwalk. If that isn’t my home resort do I have any chance of getting a reservation using points? Just starting to look, so much to consider!

If you want to stay regularly at the Boardwalk, particularly in anything but a one bedroom, it is best to own there. At eleven months you should be able to book a room, although at certain times of year, standard view studios will be unavailable. Boardwalk view goes next. For most of the year, at seven months there will be some preferred view studios and one bedrooms open, but they usually don't last long as there are a lot of members who would like to stay at Boardwalk who don't have it as their home resort.

In general, people who buy at the more expensive resorts (and shorter term) resale tend to use their points to stay at those resorts. BW is old enough that a lot of its points have turned over from the original owners - at a premium.

So yes, if you own at BW, you will be able to stay at BW IF you book at eleven months - though not always in a standard view room. If you choose to buy a different resort, you may sometimes be able to stay at BW, but not dependably. More often if you buy enough points for a one bedroom, but even that, not dependably.

Do understand the difference between the Inn and the Villas. If BW Inn is your favorite resort and you go in expecting the Villas to be the Inn, you may be disappointed.

If you want to stay regularly at the Boardwalk, particularly in anything but a one bedroom, it is best to own there. At eleven months you should be able to book a room, although at certain times of year, standard view studios will be unavailable. Boardwalk view goes next. For most of the year, at seven months there will be some preferred view studios and one bedrooms open, but they usually don't last long as there are a lot of members who would like to stay at Boardwalk who don't have it as their home resort.

In general, people who buy at the more expensive resorts (and shorter term) resale tend to use their points to stay at those resorts. BW is old enough that a lot of its points have turned over from the original owners - at a premium.

So yes, if you own at BW, you will be able to stay at BW IF you book at eleven months - though not always in a standard view room. If you choose to buy a different resort, you may sometimes be able to stay at BW, but not dependably. More often if you buy enough points for a one bedroom, but even that, not dependably.

Do understand the difference between the Inn and the Villas. If BW Inn is your favorite resort and you go in expecting the Villas to be the Inn, you may be disappointed.
Thank you for your response. That’s what I’m afraid of if I don’t hold out for Boardwalk. I hadn’t considered differences between the Inn and Villas. What are those differences?

Book availability charts https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-bd-charts-september-2019-2-bd-added.3689931/

Awesome resource for seeing patterns at resorts you're interested in booking/buying.

Love Boardwalk. Totally blown away with our trip last December. Have stayed at Beach Club 3x and did Boardwalk on a whim to see a new resort/lower points per night. It really was an eye opener.
Yeah, those charts are what prompted the question! I was looking at buying in to SSR or AKV because of the longer contract but I know I’ll want to stay at BWV most often. I fell in love with the Boardwalk last visit.

We talk about the same two resorts DAILY. Not buying right now, but really want to.

Longer contract at AKV is leading the discussion, BUT BWV is incredible.

Thank you for your response. That’s what I’m afraid of if I don’t hold out for Boardwalk. I hadn’t considered differences between the Inn and Villas. What are those differences?
The Boardwalk Inn is just the non DVC Cash side rooms. The Boardwalk Villas is the DVC side of The Boardwalk.

The Boardwalk Inn is just the non DVC Cash side rooms. The Boardwalk Villas is the DVC side of The Boardwalk.
That’s what I thought, but Chrisi said that if I was expecting the Inn I might be disappointed in the Villas and I wasn’t aware there were differences.

That’s what I thought, but Chrisi said that if I was expecting the Inn I might be disappointed in the Villas and I wasn’t aware there were differences.
The interior of the rooms are different somewhat but most DVC resorts are like BC vs BCV or WL Vs CCV or BRV. The DVC side is the Red Buildings I think. I think if I loved the BWV, which I do I wouldn't care lol since both are on the Boardwalk area which we love. Hell we are buying Riviera because its a 7 min skyliner ride to the boardwalk area. If you love the Boardwalk area you'll love it. Simple as that lol.

Last edited:
I’m looking into buying and my favorite resort is Boardwalk. If that isn’t my home resort do I have any chance of getting a reservation using points? Just starting to look, so much to consider!
Hi, are you looking for resale, some good deals going through at the moment. Are you looking to go in the next year, if so you could get a loaded contract about $110 or less? Keep your eyes peeled on ROFR thread for an idea of current market
good luck

The villas have different bedding arrangements,and the hallways. The Inn is faiy compact. Not so the villas.

Hotel side = hotel rooms

Different room layout, different decor, different side of building.

Hotel side is "smaller" but is also the convention center side.

You won't find a sleeping room with two real beds in it other than in the grand villas. All two bedroom villas are lockoffs, so they are a combo of a studio and a one bedroom. Studios (also would be second bedroom for a two bedroom) have one queen bed and a double sleeper sofa. You'll get a real coffee pot instead of the single cup maker (whether Keurig or Cuisinart). You have access to a free laundry room if you stay in a studio, but it is really small. Renovation schedule is a lot longer for DVC than the Disney hotels. 12-14 years between complete renovations for DVC. You don't get to book a studio and then ask to be moved to a one bedroom villa instead without using your points. You get what you booked unless there was a situation where your villas isn't available at the last minute and they have to put you elsewhere. It could even be a different resort.

You'll need breadcrumbs to find your way back to your villa (the hallways are long and numerous).

The biggest difference - a studio at the Boardwalk will be one queen bed and a pull out couch - always. If you want two beds, you'll need to book a two bedroom - and a two bedroom will be a room with a king in it, a pullout in the living room, and a room with a queen and a pullout. If you want a king bed, you'll need to book a one bedroom. There is no daily housekeeping without paying for it. If you want your bed made every day, you'll be making it - or paying to have it made. Rooms tend to be shabbier because they are in heavy use and refurbs happen less frequently - and without the daily cleaning, the wear and tear affects them a little more. Check in is after 4 - and when they say after 4, they sometimes mean 6pm or later. (We've always gotten into our room before 4 - sometimes as early as 1 or 2), checkout is 11am, there are no late checkouts. The decor in the rooms is significantly different, its nicer on the Inn side. There are no club level options on the DVC side. I think those are the biggest differences.

You forgot the hallways!

I don't tend to think of the hallways. Prior to being a BWV owner we had never stayed at the BWI, but we had stayed at both the Wilderness Lodge and the Animal Kingdom Lodge - hotel side. Both times we had longer walks than any we've had at BWV. But you are right, if you are comparing the Inn to the Villas, the Inn is much smaller - and therefore less hallways. The hallways at the BWV can also be a little confusing - especially if you are in one of the spokes around the pools and are trying to find the stairs.

More often if you buy enough points for a one bedroom, but even that, not dependably.

I find it's pretty dependable for a pool/garden view 1BR. Often other 1BR's too with the fall frenzy being the most unpredictable.

I find it's pretty dependable for a pool/garden view 1BR. Often other 1BR's too with the fall frenzy being the most unpredictable.

Pretty dependable isn't dependable. Dependable is when its always available. Even 1 bedrooms are not always available at the Boardwalk at seven months for Fall Frenzy. And, over time things change. What is available 90% of the time right now, might only be available 60% of the time in five years as booking patterns change. Especially as the early DVC resorts continue to be such point bargains.

We talk about the same two resorts DAILY. Not buying right now, but really want to.

Longer contract at AKV is leading the discussion, BUT BWV is incredible.
We own at BWV and Poly. We tend to stay at BWV the most. We did just sign a contract for points at AKV. I love the resort and it's the only DVC with Club level. I'm a sucker for Club level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter