Boardwalk Availability

Pretty dependable isn't dependable. Dependable is when its always available. Even 1 bedrooms are not always available at the Boardwalk at seven months for Fall Frenzy. And, over time things change. What is available 90% of the time right now, might only be available 60% of the time in five years as booking patterns change. Especially as the early DVC resorts continue to be such point bargains.

Well, ok.

Same! Bought AKL simply because I wanted the chance to get a CL room. Just signed on BWV because I really wanted 11 month booking for Food and Wine.
i stayed at AKL CL on cash side last year and I thought it was excellent.
in the post-covid no buffet world I don’t know what significant changes will arise, I just know booking that room on DVC is pretty much impossible.
Based on extra points to a std studio it’s about $150 extra, so you do need to use it enough to get most out of it.

If you want to stay regularly at the Boardwalk, particularly in anything but a one bedroom, it is best to own there. At eleven months you should be able to book a room, although at certain times of year, standard view studios will be unavailable. Boardwalk view goes next. For most of the year, at seven months there will be some preferred view studios and one bedrooms open, but they usually don't last long as there are a lot of members who would like to stay at Boardwalk who don't have it as their home resort.

In general, people who buy at the more expensive resorts (and shorter term) resale tend to use their points to stay at those resorts. BW is old enough that a lot of its points have turned over from the original owners - at a premium.

So yes, if you own at BW, you will be able to stay at BW IF you book at eleven months - though not always in a standard view room. If you choose to buy a different resort, you may sometimes be able to stay at BW, but not dependably. More often if you buy enough points for a one bedroom, but even that, not dependably.

Do understand the difference between the Inn and the Villas. If BW Inn is your favorite resort and you go in expecting the Villas to be the Inn, you may be disappointed.
This post was very helpful to us as well, thank you!

2BRs are very difficult at BWV at 7 month because of the point effective chart and also that they are all lock offs. So, if the studios are gone, so are the 2BRs. It can be done, but it's not easy.

The grand villas are also point effective, but much easier to book at 7 month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!