Boardwalk Inn vs Villas??

cindyfan

DIS Veteran
What are the differences between the Boardwalk Inn and the Villas????

I know the Villas are primarily for DVC, but they still use them for regular guests, right??

So what are the differences between an Inn "standard" room and a Villa "studio" room?:confused:
They are the same price but on oppocsite sides of the lobby.

Thanks.

Not sure about prices but I'm sure that someone will reply.

I have stayed in a Villa studio. It had a balcony, a queen bed, a pullout couch, an armoire with TV, table and 2 chairs, a small kitchen (fridge, microwave, sink, cupboards with dishes and utensils). The vanity and sink were outside the bathroom and the bathroom had the toilet and shower/tub. VERY NICE!!

NOt sure about the "inn" rooms. I've heard that they are standard Deluxe WDW rooms. I don't know about the configurations for King vs. 2 queens or about pull out couches. I also don't know about the bathroom configs. They definitely do not have the small kitchens though.

Hope this helps.

Hmm, good question cindyfan! Here's the room description from the WDWIG site for the BWV studio:
Studios: - These rooms are 359 square feet and come with one queen bed, a double sleeper sofa, small dining table and two chairs, armoire, TV, bathroom and a private balcony or patio which has two chairs and a small table. Also included are a microwave, coffee maker, toaster, mini-refrigerator, wet bar, hair dryer, iron, ironing board and vacuum cleaner. Outside the bathroom is a small area with vanity, large mirror and one sink. You will find coffee, paper plates, plastic utensils and "real" glasses and coffee cups in the room. Per Disney, this Studio will accommodate "four adults maximum, plus one child under the age of three in a crib". The Studio has very limited drawer space for clothes.

And here is WDWIG's description of BWI rooms:
The 390 square foot rooms are decorated in whites, blues, light greens and yellows. The mix of florals and bold colors makes for a sense of fun, and has the feel of a vacation home that doesn't exactly have perfectly matching patterns. The curtains have a whimsical postcard print on them. The furniture is beautiful cherry wood, and the bathrooms and vanities are marble.
The rooms are well appointed with either 2 queen beds and a daybed, or a king-size bed and a daybed. An armoire houses the television and provides drawer space for your belongings. There is a small table with 2 chairs, a spacious closet, a chest of drawers, and a private balcony or patio. Take note that the daybeds are 60 inches long! The bathroom is great for more than one person trying to get ready in the morning. The toilet and bathtub are separate from the vanity area. The vanity has two sinks and plenty of counter room, and a full length mirror on the door.

So it seems that the BWI rooms are a little larger than the BWV rooms. Also, I am not totally sure of this but my impression was that it is harder to use codes or get AP rates at BWV than at BWI.

Anyone else???

So it looks like the major difference is:
Inn.....2 queens + day bed, NO micro & frig....two sinks....390 sq ft
Villa.......1 queen + sofa bed, micro & frig......one sink......359 sq ft

Are there any differences in the services....housekeeping for instance????

It's sometimes nice to have the little fridge and microwave in the studio but I prefer the Inn rooms.
They are bigger, with 2 sinks and a larger vanity area.
They are also much prettier!
fcdfddf5.jpg

You can get a very nice view in a standard room in the Inn too.

I rent points from a DVC owner, so we stay in the Villas.
I really do like the Inn side better though.

We rented points too.

So...this meant that there was no housekeeping for us (we only stayed 3 days), but I thought that I heard that if you paid cash (non-points) then you WOULD have normal housekeeping every day. Confirm?

Yes, cash paying guests at the BWV get daily housekeeping, the same as when staying at the BWI.

Ralph

You do get normal housekeeping with a cash reservation.

The more I think about it, the more I LOVE the Inn compared to the Villas!
The Villa rooms are very drab. There is only one night stand next to the bed. Only one sink and a smaller vanity.
There aren't any really nice "standard" views in the Villas, but we love a lot of the standard views on the Inn side.
Just my opinion of course! :)

Weluvdis,
Thanks for posting that link! Those pictures do show how drab the villa studios are and how small the sink area is too.

We got a "dedicated" studio last time and there was an extra daybed in it. It was so crowded! You could hardly squeeze in to sit at the table.

I'll continue staying there because of the great deals through DVC but I hope to get a good rate at the Inn once in a while too!

I've stayed in both, and didn't really notice a difference in the size. With the sofa folded up the villas seem to be more spacious. I prefer the decor at the villas, it's too "busy" at the Inn for my tastes. I also love the minifridge, coffee maker and nuke in the rooms.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter