Boardwalk to Hollywood Studios

stickeymouse

DIS Veteran
How long is the walk? Is it scenic?

Which is faster, taking the boat or walking to Hollywood Studios? Is a bus even an option?

Thanks!

No bus, 99% of the time. Walking is ALWAYS faster, it takes maybe 15 minutes at a leisurely pace. The walk is along the water, so it's nice until you go under the overpass, if it has just rained, there tends to be standing water and sometimes it smells but lasts for 15 seconds so it's not a deal breaker

I love walking to the studios especially in the AM. After spending the day in the park, the walk seems longer but that is just me. Maybe if they had benches to sit on and get a second wind. Sadly my husband has bad knees so we now take the boat. It is about a 20 minute boat ride.

I love the walk from Boardwalk to DHS. This past December, my husband, six-year-old-daughter, and 60-year-old mother-in-law did the walk in 10 minutes without straining ourselves. It's lovely enough. You go along the river. Much shorter than taking the boat, but the boat is nice at the end of a long day.

Walking is usually faster. Just make sure you don't go the long way around. Meaning, don't go out to the Boardwalk side and then walk all the way around. Check out a resort map and make sure to head out one of the exits that pops you out onto the sidewalk that is between the resort and HS.

We almost always walk in the mornings. It takes about 10 - 13 minutes. In the late afternoon or evening, we might take the boat back if it happens to be there. Otherwise, we walk back too.

No buses unless there is some extenuating circumstance...boats down, really bad weather, etc.

It is a lovely walk. The Boardwalk is on one side of the river and it's mostly trees and such on the other side.

Have a great trip!

Being able to walk there is one of the best things about staying at The Boardwalk. In my experience, the time we sometimes spent waiting for the boat was longer than the walk :)
FYI, there's a water bottle filling station at the tennis courts which is next to the pathway.

Even if you take the long way around, you are usually in pace with a boat that just pulled away. I missed the boat by about 45 seconds. It was taking off as I arrived to the ramp. My sister and I did the path, not going very fast and stopping at least once to look at something and that boat was pulling up to the DHS dock about the time we rounded the bend by the DHS bus stop.

Walking is probably faster but we always take the boat between HS, Boardwalk and Epcot. We walk so much in the parks its nice to have a break.

That is why we LOVE the boardwalk! Being able to walk to two parks is the best. Even when your feet are dead at the end of the day, it is better to walk than wait for a bus or boat! Enjoy your Boardwalk time!

I enjoy the scenery on the boat and prefer to save my steps for inside the parks. :)

In general, I really like riding on Disney resort boats. If it takes a few minutes more to get some place, so be it. The ride is still fun for me. :)

Do both! However you feel at the time!
Oh, but if you are leaving fantasmic, Walk!

actual time on the boat is less than walking- but you might wait 20+ minutes for a boat. In January we don't mind walking. but come July the boat is a nice option!

We walk from any of the Epcot resorts, sometimes if the bus arrives right when we do and it doesn't look like a huge crowd on the dock, we will ride it back to the resort but most of the times we walk.

So, is the walk from HS to Boardwalk between a half and 3/4 of a mile?

Also, if you walk from Boardwalk to Epcot, exactly where is the Epcot entryway? Is it near France?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!