Boardwalk Villa stay, day 3 problem #4

There are cabins available on the cash side. Perhaps the Cinderella castle suite? lol

I would not do well with water from an unknown source leaking into my room. Honestly, I would have had a hard time with the toilet overflowing if it touched even 1 carpet fiber as I would have wanted the carpet shampooed.

We actually came back from the parks late one night at CBR the day before Thanksgiving and our stuff had been moved / picked up off the floor and a huge fan was running. Called down very upset and they sent a van to load all our stuff into and had another room ready for us. It was late, and kids were still on the small side, we had plans for an early park morning as Thanksgiving Day is pretty darn busy and now it was after midnight and we were trying to get settled in a new room. So, they sent a car for us the next morning (allowing us to sleep in a little longer and be dropped off right at the gate - no waiting for bus, walking, etc) They also gave us anytime fastpasses (at that time there were no exclusions) to help us navigate thru the day faster.

I imagine all resorts are perceived as being "full" for Thanksgiving but there should always be rooms available at all levels for emergency situations.

I agree, there must be extra or those two bwv 1 bedrooms would not have been available. I looked earlier today and also saw that CCV cabin availability too for the next 7-8 days. That unit would have built serious goodwill with OP. Myself as well at this point since I know it’s available. But it is priced at $2,000 per night so Disney is holding out for $$$ I guess.

That door issue sounds like they needed to replace the battery in the door. Multiple bands having problems isn’t a band issue. (Learned that at Kidani)

We go out, get back at 3 and now there is water seeping up through the cracks of the floor in bathroom/kitchenette area.

Holy moly how does that even happen???

Packing up and moving is more lost time and might happen if the situation gets worse.

Glad you finally did it. From experience, moving always sounds like more of a hassle than it is. The relief you get from moving is bigger than trying to stay.

Doesn’t sound like this is the problem, since staff, maintenance have been to their room multiple times with the magic band issues, plumbing issues etc.

But I do agree that I would have a face to face conversation with a manager at this point, don’t bother with front line front desk person.

The plumber wasn’t called after their big call to “engineering”. That’s where the communication failed. That’s why one need to walk to the front desk.

Most DVC members are pretty good about reporting room issues

From reading over the years, I disagree.

Not ideal but I don’t think they could have done much more and the staff has been great throughout.

They could have done more. What they’ve done is really good. But there’s room for improvement.

We had a horribly mildew/mold infested room at SSR with extended family (I’m incredibly sensitive and I shut down very quickly with the smallest smell of it), and they were throwing a grand villa at us *that night*. I stupidly said no, I only wanted what we paid for, and we stayed overnight until the two bedroom replacement was available. Horrible awful idea. I shouldn’t have waited. I was so sick for so long after that. And my female blood relatives (all so sensitive) that stayed with us were sick as well.

They also, for that one (albeit huge) issue, gave us 200 in credit (then 50 more bc it took 2 hours to get us set up with a charge account so we could use the money).

You deserve more.

I think I am most disturbed about the time it took them to move them.

It sounds like it was the OP’s reticence to pack up that caused that. Like me refusing the grand villa. That was on me.

I agree that if I was in your shoes I'd throw out the hail Mary for getting moved to a CCV Cabin. I feel like you dealt with a pretty egregious issue and I don't think moving you to the cabin is that outlandish of a request. Sure it's got a hefty cash pricetag...but the odds of someone coming in and actually renting it are probably pretty small. The two rooms that you would in turn vacate probably have higher odds of being rented last minute anyways.

You still have a decent chunk of time left on your vacation. I hate moving mid vacation....but for 9 days in a cabin I would do it.

Either way...enjoy the rest of your trip!

I'm addressing those who think Disney owed them an upgrade or another equal unit if there simply wasn't one for their entire stay.
Some threads and responses can get out of hand at times. Tone is hard to judge, thus why I did not respond initially to your statement. You don’t know me, I don’t live a life of entitlement, DVC doesn’t owe me for anymore than what I’ve paid for and continue to pay to maintain. I stand by my statement, downgrading is not an option. I’m calm and fair, I address people with curtousy and respect, and in this situation I would have been at the lobby/manager ASAP. I expect and demand the standard I’ve enjoyed for 19 years of DVC ownership, and I stand by my original post. I never inferred nor would I ever expect someone to be displaced for me but as Snappy put it so well, I can’t give DVC a pass for how they handled this incident. In the end, if the OP is happy, that’s what matters most.

Last edited:

That door issue sounds like they needed to replace the battery in the door. Multiple bands having problems isn’t a band issue. (Learned that at Kidani)

Holy moly how does that even happen???

Glad you finally did it. From experience, moving always sounds like more of a hassle than it is. The relief you get from moving is bigger than trying to stay.

The plumber wasn’t called after their big call to “engineering”. That’s where the communication failed. That’s why one need to walk to the front desk.

From reading over the years, I disagree.

They could have done more. What they’ve done is really good. But there’s room for improvement.

We had a horribly mildew/mold infested room at SSR with extended family (I’m incredibly sensitive and I shut down very quickly with the smallest smell of it), and they were throwing a grand villa at us *that night*. I stupidly said no, I only wanted what we paid for, and we stayed overnight until the two bedroom replacement was available. Horrible awful idea. I shouldn’t have waited. I was so sick for so long after that. And my female blood relatives (all so sensitive) that stayed with us were sick as well.

They also, for that one (albeit huge) issue, gave us 200 in credit (then 50 more bc it took 2 hours to get us set up with a charge account so we could use the money).

You deserve more.

It sounds like it was the OP’s reticence to pack up that caused that. Like me refusing the grand villa. That was on me.

You may be right about DVC members reporting stuff.

I may be a bit compulsive but I tend to report stuff, had a couple of smallish things that weren’t right at our beach house rental last week. Different situation but the owner was glad I told him, easy to fix stuff but when a guest first walks in and it’s minor but obvious stuff, it colors that first impression. This owner takes great pride in what he calls his tiny house, cares about his VRBO reviews too. I can’t wait to see his big house next door when it’s completed.

Not sure if Disney worries any more about first impressions. We are just numbers, sadly.

At the capacity they are working with lately, I hope you never have to find out because when you have a room type that is so very limited you may find that you have zero options. Because they sure can't manufacture rooms that don't exist and I'm positive you are not expecting Disney to remove someone from their room so you can have it, are you?

While I very well understand DVC occupancy rates at WDW resorts, having worked there for a good while, there may not have been the EXACT category available to move the OP and their family into, but I know that in cases of urgent need, mountains can be and are moved. Mgmt could have looked to see what other DVC resorts had in the 2 bedroom category. There are a LOT of options. I think the OP has been incredibly patient, truthfully far more patient than this member would have been. I am reasonable but when my villa has a leak that is soaking into the floor coverings? They will be moving me. I'm nice, but firm. Certain things are not acceptable.

When a CM cannot replace what a guest has "lost" with the exact item, there are always options. Other lodging options should have been offered. If they were somewhere beside BW, and the OP did not want to leave BW resort, then that would be on the member/guest, but at least mgmt would have offered a better solution than two 1 bedroom villas. I'm not being argumentative, and I certainly never encourage someone to rail at the mgmt, but in a case like the OP's, they surely have a right to safe and comfortable lodging. Yes, things can happen, even at at Ritz-Carlton, but how a resort DEALS with the issue is most telling. :cutie:

Last edited:
You may be right about DVC members reporting stuff.

I may be a bit compulsive but I tend to report stuff, had a couple of smallish things that weren’t right at our beach house rental last week. Different situation but the owner was glad I told him, easy to fix stuff but when a guest first walks in and it’s minor but obvious stuff, it colors that first impression. This owner takes great pride in what he calls his tiny house, cares about his VRBO reviews too. I can’t wait to see his big house next door when it’s completed.

I very much agree with this! How often have I heard someone, member or guest, complain AFTER the fact?? It is imperative we report any issues in a room/villa we see. They can't fix what they do not know about, right? And it seems pretty apparent to me that Housekeeping is NOT trained to spot and report. At least not with DVC.

Sadly what's important to us is just another day at work for Disney and the CM's. We are upset when things go wrong, for them things going wrong is a daily occurrence for many of the guests. We have reported issues that were still there a year later so unless it makes them lose revenue, it isn't a priority.

:earsboy: Bill

Sadly what's important to us is just another day at work for Disney and the CM's.

While I certainly understand this sentiment, and unfortunately it is true sometimes, but I can tell you from experience, that the CM's often really DO care. Sometimes the ones that really do care have little empowerment to do something depending upon their leadership. In my 25 years of ownership, in virtually every circumstance I have had, I have found the CM's to be at least interested in hearing if not concerned enough to get something done.

While some issues as in scratches, dents, missing items, stained carpet are bothersome, water seeping up through the floor all night is altogether a different issue. There are some issues that can’t wait a year to be addressed or multiple rooms will be out of service.

And it seems pretty apparent to me that Housekeeping is NOT trained to spot and report. At least not with DVC.

I just don't think they have time.

While some issues as in scratches, dents, missing items, stained carpet are bothersome, water seeping up through the floor all night is altogether a different issue. There are some issues that can’t wait a year to be addressed or multiple rooms will be out of service.

Yep. And they NEED to get fully into that room to properly fix it, or it's going to cause problems for people in the future.

I just don't think they have time.

I certainly agree they are very busy just getting their assigned rooms done! Absolutely. ::yes:: The thing is that I'm pretty sure they all have smart phones now to both get messages and send work orders, so it really shouldn't take but a minute to take a photo of the issue and forward it on. They are using photos to report issues for work orders a lot now. :cutie:

I certainly agree they are very busy just getting their assigned rooms done! Absolutely. ::yes:: The thing is that I'm pretty sure they all have smart phones now to both get messages and send work orders, so it really shouldn't take but a minute to take a photo of the issue and forward it on. They are using photos to report issues for work orders a lot now. :cutie:

This is good to know. Thanks for sharing. Weak link may be more in the work order follow up?

I honestly think the housekeepers aren't trained or encouraged to report anything other than major issues. But from what I have seen, they do have the capability.

I have another TS. And I have been AMAZED at how awesome the housekeeping is there to report even the most minor issues, like the rod that twists to open/close venetian blinds on a door to a lanai. I have come back to my condo, never having reported issues like this (as they weren't a big deal and didn't interfere in any way with our day to day enjoyment), and found a note from housekeeping saying they reported it, AND a note from engineering saying they fixed it for us! So it was reported, fixed and all done with nice notes left while we were out of the room a short time, and we had NEVER mentioned it! I find that pretty awesome in the ol' guest service realm. ::yes::

I honestly think the housekeepers aren't trained or encouraged to report anything other than major issues. But from what I have seen, they do have the capability.

I have another TS. And I have been AMAZED at how awesome the housekeeping is there to report even the most minor issues, like the rod that twists to open/close venetian blinds on a door to a lanai. I have come back to my condo, never having reported issues like this (as they weren't a big deal and didn't interfere in any way with our day to day enjoyment), and found a note from housekeeping saying they reported it, AND a note from engineering saying they fixed it for us! So it was reported, fixed and all done with nice notes left while we were out of the room a short time, and we had NEVER mentioned it! I find that pretty awesome in the ol' guest service realm. ::yes::

All of what you reported above about your other TS indicates good management.

All of what you reported above about your other TS indicates good management.

Truth!!! I have more stories to support that very thing. Though I have owned DVC much longer, and still do love it, I've found there are other TS that are both gorgeous and have outstanding service. I would definitely place my other TS above DVC in the service respect. Not happy to say so. :o

Truth!!! I have more stories to support that very thing. Though I have owned DVC much longer, and still do love it, I've found there are other TS that are both gorgeous and have outstanding service. I would definitely place my other TS above DVC in the service respect. Not happy to say so. :o

I have owned DVC for a while too. It was a big investment for us, and I considered it a luxury purchase. The manner in which service at and upkeep of both DVC and CRO units has steadily gone down hill has taken the bloom off the rose for me. I wouldn’t consider buying DVC now for this reason, but don’t regret buying in as we had memorable trips with friends and family. With more rooms coming online in the future, I don’t anticipate improvement. I hope Disney proves me wrong though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter