Boardwalk Villa stay, day 3 problem #4

Unfortunately things do go wrong and often it is how management responds that makes the difference. I have had many stays and most have been great but I once had 6 rooms booked over thanksgiving when Boardwalk was full to capacity and one of my one bedroom units had zero hot water for the entire 7 day stay. No hot showers, dishwasher was not safe to use either . My guests and myself had to wait several hours trying to get it resolved and it never was. I went to front desk to speak to manager, moving wasn't an option as I had too many other rooms but nothing could be done. My guests had to use the shower in my room and could not cook or really use their villa except to sleep. It was a horrible experience. They offered us a paid dinner for that family which while nice, hardly compensated us for lost vacation time. I didn't get points back either until I got home and made a stink about how my guests were severely impacted on their vacation. It was not a pleasant experience and really put a dent in our trip that year. I can totally understand the OP's frustration on what was a far worse experience. When I got home I called and they gave me some points back and I treated the guests inconvenienced to a long weekend at BW. Chalk it up to bad luck. You have to expect to get some points back if room was not usable and you have to wait in room for hours for maintenance to show up. Fast passes for me are not a compensation I would even use as the good ones are never included .

This was not an pleasant experience for sure. Not beeing able to take a shower in the morning is very inconvenient. But I do not understant about the dishwasher and the cooking. Dishwasher always heat the water to the proper degree, so no hot water was not an issue, and the same for cooking... If you need hot water, you just use the stove.. Am I missing something ?

Dishwasher always heat the water to the proper degree, so no hot water was not an issue, . ..

This was something I had never heard of, so I googled it. And while you are partially correct, most dishwasher manufacturers recommend you still use hot water as it takes a long time for the heating element to heat the water and it is more sanitary in cleaning the dishes. Also, not all dishwashers have this capability - supposedly. :confused3Again, I am no expert, but it was fun researching it. :flower3:

This was something I had never heard of, so I googled it. And while you are partially correct, most dishwasher manufacturers recommend you still use hot water as it takes a long time for the heating element to heat the water and it is more sanitary in cleaning the dishes. Also, not all dishwashers have this capability - supposedly. :confused3Again, I am no expert, but it was fun researching it. :flower3:

I would be surprise if DVC purchased the more expensive dishwashers that have the option to heat the water. The usually purchase basic stuff with the exception of VGF.

I would be surprise if DVC purchased the more expensive dishwashers that have the option to heat the water. The usually purchase basic stuff with the exception of VGF.

I think most, if not all, modern dishwashers sold in the US heat the water. Commercial dishwashers heat to a higher temp afaik but home dishwashers also heat.

ie, I'd guess that one that didn't heat would be more difficult to find and might cost more.

Sorry to hear of the multiple issues and I applaud your patience during all of it. The patience will most certainly get you further. I haven't had multiple issues in one trip like you have, though one trip to Wilderness when we went to check in we were informed a pipe had burst and the room was flooding like yours, so we had to stay in a hotel room at the Lodge. We were compensated with a room credit and our points were returned. It was handled well, though we were not already in the villa when it happened, so not exactly the same. I do not think asking for a point refund is out of the question, at least a partial refund of points.

Hoping that you got all of the issues out at the beginning and have a fantastic rest of your trip!

My personal experience at BWV is the management will not go out of their way to rectify anything. You basically have to throw a temper tantrum at the front desk to even get to speak to a manager. Many stays there over the years and rarely problem free. Never had any offer of any type of compensation whatsoever. Not even a fast pass. I'm not high maintenance and try to avoid having to escalate but I'm pretty fed up with the never ending poor housekeeping & band-aid maintenance.

Subpar maintenance when members are paying for maintenance costs is problematic. Not advocating for paying higher dues(high enough already) but my experience is that postponing any maintenance issue ends up causing more damage and cost in the long run. Particularly for anything related to water damage but not limited to water damage. It’s pay me now or pay me more later. Shortsighted at best, costly and forcing rooms out of service for more days at worst.

Disney is constantly moving management from one assignment to another. The BW/BWV manager today may be replaced tomorrow and have a different guest reimbursement policy.

:earsboy: Bill

I see that the original thread was written a few weeks back. I just wanted to say that I hope the OP asked and got her points back. We have had poor experiences before and after going back and forth more than enough times, we politely requested our points back and did receive them back on more than one occasion.

While I know that things happen, I believe that there needs to be more regular maintenance on the DVC properties. We had a very poor experience at the Poly in both February and April of this year. We reported the issues in February and they were resolved. We returned in April, to another room, another building and had even worse maintenance issues. It was after that stay and numerous issues that we asked for our points back.

I have stayed at numerous 5 start hotels and resorts, and sadly, as much as I love our DVC I'd like to believe that DVC resorts are the best of the best, they are not.

Disney is in show business. They put on a show for the public, maintain the resort, lobby, and common areas but let the rooms slip into disrepair. DVC rooms are booked no matter what so there isn't any incentive to improve the situation.

Disney is in show business. They put on a show for the public, maintain the resort, lobby, and common areas but let the rooms slip into disrepair. DVC rooms are booked no matter what so there isn't any incentive to improve the situation.

I still recall a comment that I thought came from Iger a couple of years ago (perhaps after he had a stay at a resort?) that they were going to work to improve the hotel experience and bring it up to industry standards. They were going to be going outside to bring in people to improve housekeeping was one of the things I thought was said. Instead it seems that all we got was designers from outside for refurbs to make them look like what everyone else is doing.

He might need to stop in for a stay again......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter