Boardwalk Villas or Copper Creek??? Help us decide!

emma212010

DIS Veteran
For our honeymoon :love: (July 2019) we have narrowed it down to renting DVC at either Boardwalk Villas or the new Copper Creek Villas. We would be getting a studio, but we are having the HARDEST time deciding which to go with!

Any pros/cons for either BWV or CCV???

That’s a tough one! I think WL looks fabulous with all the new additions so I would probably go with that. Happy wedding planning :)

The pool at BW would be the biggest turn off for a honeymoon stay.

CCV all day. The new studios are a-mazing, especially the ones with the giant tub. Great views, two calm pools, boat to MK, drinks on the water at Geyser Point.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on where you will be spending most of your time. Since it will be a honeymoon you may be spending more time at Epcot, which is a quick walk from BWV. You can also walk to DHS as well. The location of BWV can’t be beat.

We have stayed at both. CCV is newer and as a result in better shape than BWV. We also find it quieter. As PP said, if your plan is to spend more time at Epcot, I would go with BWV for the location. If you are looking for quicker access to MK and a more laid back feel, I would go with CCV. If you want a bit more secluded than the main building, which is where CCVs are located, you could also check out the Boulder Ridge Villas. They are a little older but in their own building that doesn't have as much activity as the main building.

I would suggest looking at the BWV information thread here or the WL/CCV/BRV information thread here for more information on both resorts to get a feel for both. The first few pages have information and pictures that are very helpful.

CCV: It's more romantic and "secluded" and adult than BWV. The pool alone does make a difference.

Also, DBF had always wanted to stay at BWV, and I made sure we did for half our split stay last year and he hated it and I can't say I disagreed.

Congrats on honeymoon planning and good luck! :earsgirl:

It will be easier to find someone with the points to book at BWV. Since it's a special occasion, I would strongly suggest booking in home resort. That requires someone with CCV points, and it's a new enough resort that the new buyers are all using their own points.

Studios can be in short supply there, as well, so there is risk waiting until 7 months in hope of CCV via any-point booking.

If you want more nightlife boardwalk is better. For room ambiance copper creek is good unless you can get a boardwalk view at BW then the ambiance is really fun. If you will go to Disney Springs in evening BW is closer although still a bus or car ride

We stayed at the WL many many moons ago for our honeymoon. It was supposed to be a once in a lifetime trip and yet nearly 20 years on, we are DVC owners at whatever the VWL are called these days. That’s how much we loved the resort. Have also stayed at BWV but much prefer the WL area.

My vote goes to the BWV. DW and I have made many trips to the Boardwalk. We love the theming and the location for the ease of wandering over to Epcot. There is so much to see, do, eat, and drink within walking distance of the Epcot resorts. For us it is the best location on site for adult visits.

My vote is BWV. We had a standard view studio (cash, not points) and had a view of the courtyard. Also, since we were on the 5th floor, we could see illuminations from the balcony. It was one of the best rooms we've had on property.

We stayed at dolphin on our honeymoon (12 years ago!). Walking to Epcot is a perk that can't be beat for a couple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter